Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ado5ir001bncdk7r2k3d0k[1].jpg
c0td04tg002tn3d1uol2fg[1].jpg
8kqkk002anhmgjs9o3jo04[1].jpg
RC 2.JPG
RC 1-407.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I FINALLY finished and installed my coaster mod, only took about 5 months. Got the idea from EchoVictor who made one for his game. EchoVictor if you read this topic thanks a million it looks GREAT.

RC 1-407.JPGRC 1-407.JPG
RC 2.JPGRC 2.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Looks great, I need to do this to mine.

#3 10 years ago

Sweet! Millennium Force even!

#4 10 years ago

Yeah I'm liking this! Looks cool!~SpOoKy

#5 10 years ago

I took the coaster apart and hand painted it and sprayed the seats silver then sprayed them with silver sparkle. It was the first model I've painted in about 50 years. The coat hanger wire support was a PITA.

1 month later
#6 10 years ago

That looks amazing!

#7 10 years ago

Niuuce! Wire leds into the front like headlights of the coaster

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

now that is a little beyond me. But neat idea.

#10 10 years ago

And it will work on hurricane, cyclone and comet. Would just need different attachments.

Looks nice.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

now that is a little beyond me. But neat idea.

Send me the.mod and ill wire it up to be plug n olay with led lights in the front

#12 10 years ago

Still haven't gotten to play a functioning RCT yet, but looks like so much fun and this mod is raaaaaaaadddd.

#13 10 years ago

Loving the use of Millennium Force as the model. I love coasters BTW.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Send me the.mod and ill wire it up to be plug n olay with led lights in the front

Hey thanks for the offer but I'll keep it the way it is for now, maybe later if the offer still stands.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Still haven't gotten to play a functioning RCT yet, but looks like so much fun and this mod is raaaaaaaadddd.

It's a real crowd pleaser. Not a real deep game and the ball times can get pretty long but it's really fun. Come on over and play mine.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Loving the use of Millennium Force as the model. I love coasters BTW.

They had a choice of 2 diff. ones but I like this one better.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey thanks for the offer but I'll keep it the way it is for now, maybe later if the offer still stands.

NP, send it over any time

#18 10 years ago

OK.... but they have to be 6.3v, I'm tired of messin with 12v.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK.... but they have to be 6.3v, I'm tired of messin with 12v.

These would be 6v and hook into the GI. 12v would be more for LED strip type stuff and these would be 2 simple 6.3 volt LEDs.

What's wrong with 12v btw? It's just plug n play as well usually unless you ground the metal, which can happen and blow a fuse or your 12v is already highly taxed.

Tapping into GI wouldnt be any more or less problematic in reality

#20 10 years ago

Actually, does anyone have a RCT for sale?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

These would be 6v and hook into the GI. 12v would be more for LED strip type stuff and these would be 2 simple 6.3 volt LEDs.
What's wrong with 12v btw? It's just plug n play as well usually unless you ground the metal, which can happen and blow a fuse or your 12v is already highly taxed.
Tapping into GI wouldnt be any more or less problematic in reality

It's just 6.3v is everywhere under the pf unlike 12v where you usually have to get it from the bb. Comet has their 3 and 7 led strip that are 6.3v and I've been putting them all over my games and they are REALLY bright.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Actually, does anyone have a RCT for sale?

Haven't seen one fs in a while.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's just 6.3v is everywhere under the pf unlike 12v where you usually have to get it from the bb. Comet has their 3 and 7 led strip that are 6.3v and I've been putting them all over my games and they are REALLY bright.

Stern 12v isn't in the backbox, its right by the coin door

The 3 and 7 led GI things are cool, just need to make sure everything in that string is LED to avoid an overload, but with LEDs very little worry.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

No offense intended, but gonna go all coaster geek on ya....

While it's a cool idea for a mod, the real Millienium Force trains don't have headlights on them. The holes you see on the nose of the car are clearance cut-outs in the body shell to allow for articulation of the coaster's suspension.

8kqkk002anhmgjs9o3jo04[1].jpg8kqkk002anhmgjs9o3jo04[1].jpg

Later,
EV

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

While it's a cool idea for a mod, the real Millienium Force trains don't have headlights on them. The holes you see on the nose of the car are clearance cut-outs in the body shell to allow for articulation of the coaster's suspension.

Later,
EV

8kqkk002anhmgjs9o3jo04[1].jpg 63 KB

Right, and that's fantastic. I wasn't saying "put in place where the headlights would be", but more just a random fun suggestion.... Don't take my random suggestion too seriously my friend, just a pinball machine and fun to light up toys that go in the game to be more interactive

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
EV

8kqkk002anhmgjs9o3jo04[1].jpg 63 KB

You part of the Coasternet forums, EchoVictor? I was big into that place a few years back.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Stern 12v isn't in the backbox, its right by the coin door

Shows ya how much I know.

Quoted from jrivelli:

The 3 and 7 led GI things are cool, just need to make sure everything in that string is LED to avoid an overload, but with LEDs very little worry.

All my games have leds, for looks, power savings and to take the strain off the old electronics.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Right, and that's fantastic. I wasn't saying "put in place where the headlights would be", but more just a random fun suggestion.... Don't take my random suggestion too seriously my friend, just a pinball machine and fun to light up toys that go in the game to be more interactive

Oh, no worries, man. I tried to put a good in there...

Like I said, it's a cool idea for a mod, and not unprecedented either. There have been several real life coasters over the years that have had functional headlights, from the classic 1940's NAD trains;

c0td04tg002tn3d1uol2fg[1].jpgc0td04tg002tn3d1uol2fg[1].jpg

to the more modern;

ado5ir001bncdk7r2k3d0k[1].jpgado5ir001bncdk7r2k3d0k[1].jpg

Unfortunately, a lot of amusement parks tend to slack off on maintenance, and let these little features go when they stop working. Finding functional headlights on a coaster train outside of Disney is quite rare....

Quoted from pinballsmith:

You part of the Coasternet forums, EchoVictor? I was big into that place a few years back.

Not Coasternet, but I was a big part of CoasterBuzz for many years. Got tired of all the teenager angst that popped up and only lurk there now.

Later,
EV

#29 10 years ago

I've heard of price police but coaster police . lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rct-coaster-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.