zeta (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5202 (resized).jpeg
16600879974834773206749314971130 (resized).jpg
16570652564223745267638487986143 (resized).jpg
1651784357439_9668563804_4f8684fe_v1 (resized).jpg
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Can't believe I remembered this brand, anyone else have one back in the ole' days?
I was a teen, saved and saved for one. The first "waterproof" ESC if I recall.
Image borrowed from the web.[quoted image]

I absolutely remember them. Never had one but they built some high amperage ESCs.

#102 9 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Welcome back to the hobby. I seem to go in spurts 1 year on 2 years off. Yet I still find myself buying new kits to build in my down time. I have almost completely ditched the NIMH and NICD packs in favor of lipo. Spektrum has some new kits with charger and smart batteries that will discharge them self after sitting for a set periord of time.
Currently I have a 51" gas boat on the bench waiting to rebuild the carb and upgrade electronica, its only been there for 4 months.

What kind of kits are you grabbing?

I grabbed a mini-z over the weekend, but I (foolishly) passed it to my wife to hold for xmas.

I got both my t3 and b3 running. I somehow don't have a battery strap for either. The original part is expensive on ebay, but I found a 3d printed part for each. I grabbed them and promptly received a cancellation and refund. I guess I'll need to work on printing my own (which will require repairing my own 3d printer). I gave my b3 a quick run anyway and I'm impressed with how well it ran after all this time (with a new nimh battery).

I'm a little apprehensive to run my old stuff too hard for fear of replacement parts. I grabbed a wltoys 144001 for $75 through walmart to run around lots and the local skatepark. I got my son the same model for xmas, as well as a wltoys miniz type clone.

Finally, I grabbed a usb receiver for VRC Pro, a pc game I already owned on steam. I'm also looking at getting RealFlight to get into the flight side of R/C for the first time (other than cheap copters).

Other than that, I'm trying to hold off. I was pretty set on grabbing an MT10 but it's probably overkill.

#103 9 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What kind of kits are you grabbing?
I grabbed a mini-z over the weekend, but I (foolishly) passed it to my wife to hold for xmas.
I got both my t3 and b3 running. I somehow don't have a battery strap for either. The original part is expensive on ebay, but I found a 3d printed part for each. I grabbed them and promptly received a cancellation and refund. I guess I'll need to work on printing my own (which will require repairing my own 3d printer). I gave my b3 a quick run anyway and I'm impressed with how well it ran after all this time (with a new nimh battery).
I'm a little apprehensive to run my old stuff too hard for fear of replacement parts. I grabbed a wltoys 144001 for $75 through walmart to run around lots and the local skatepark. I got my son the same model for xmas, as well as a wltoys miniz type clone.
Finally, I grabbed a usb receiver for VRC Pro, a pc game I already owned on steam. I'm also looking at getting RealFlight to get into the flight side of R/C for the first time (other than cheap copters).
Other than that, I'm trying to hold off. I was pretty set on grabbing an MT10 but it's probably overkill.

On my winter list is a Tamiya Grand Hauler, along with fabricating a trailer for my Traxxas Spartan boat. The other kit I want to build is an old school clodbuster. I'd love to build it with vintage electronics but it's cheaper to go with current stuff.

I have real flight and it's awesome to get the basics. I have a handful of helis that I can hover and do basic maneuvers. I wish I could pull off the 3d moves you see on YouTube but for now I'm happy to not crash.

My daily "basher" is HPI Savage XL Flux but thats been on the shelf for months.

I have an itch to build a rock crawler trail in my back yard next spring.

I picked up a few MT28s to run with the nephews and I have a blast with them.

Rambling now,

#104 9 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

On my winter list is a Tamiya Grand Hauler, along with fabricating a trailer for my Traxxas Spartan boat. The other kit I want to build is an old school clodbuster. I'd love to build it with vintage electronics but it's cheaper to go with current stuff.
I have real flight and it's awesome to get the basics. I have a handful of helis that I can hover and do basic maneuvers. I wish I could pull off the 3d moves you see on YouTube but for now I'm happy to not crash.
My daily "basher" is HPI Savage XL Flux but thats been on the shelf for months.
I have an itch to build a rock crawler trail in my back yard next spring.
I picked up a few MT28s to run with the nephews and I have a blast with them.
Rambling now,

Wow that Grand Hauler looks amazing! Please some some pics when you get those together

This handsome little WLtoys 144001 came in today.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

It gets tons of love on youtube. I debated it, but when I saw it for $70 all-in I had to pull the trigger. I scoped out the city skate park yesterday before it came in, and it seems like it will be a blast to run around that.

I also found my spare t3 body that I never painted, so I'm going to work on prepping that while we have this rainy weather.

As if by fate, I ran into these at costco (I think they were $28 in store). As if the universe was telling me I already had too many toys, I had the wrong kind of payment method with me, and the 2 I brought to the register had to be put aside for another day. I'm pretty swamped, but hoping to get back there Thursday to grab one for each of the kids.

https://www.costco.com/power-craze-drifter+-rc.product.4000182780.html

1 month later
3 months later
#106 5 months ago

Original. Never powered up.

17069180918034525935587342456052 (resized).jpg17069180918034525935587342456052 (resized).jpg
#107 5 months ago

My recent year long build. Full custom RC10 worlds long arms.

IMG_5697 (resized).jpegIMG_5697 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#108 4 months ago

Just perusing Ebay for vintage stuff. Ran across this listing. I'm sure it's an I don't want to sell price but dang. I have the same truck upstairs on a shelf built it 24 years ago.

ebay.com link: itm

#109 4 months ago

I had a cool dune buggy rv car when I was a kid. I had a lot of fun with it.

Now my house has a pond and so I needed a boat. Not very familiar with rc stuff I wanted ready to run. I got the horizon tug boat and man is it fun. It pushes the kids on floatys around and makes a nice wake. It’s got a water pump and sprays water. Great fun. Even can break though some thin ice. That’s good stuff too.

#110 4 months ago

Before I went full pinball had build a collection of rc's...and they are a real moneypit lol
Still have all of them and gonna sell a few of them to put the money in pinball machines.
We have a big park nearby where I go with the gasoline baja's in the summer and for my 2 traxxas crawlers I have a track in the backyard.

20190707_203123.jpg20190707_203123.jpg20200620_134135.jpg20200620_134135.jpgIMG_7447.JPGIMG_7447.JPG
2 months later
#111 77 days ago

How about an RC Boat?

*******TURN DOWN YOUR SOUND VOLUME************

#112 73 days ago

My dad and I used to race the boats...80's into early 90's. They were a blast. Here is a video of an "old" race... Started last, ended up winning. Passed a few on the way... The things were fast even back in the day.

#113 72 days ago

My oldest is in college and working on a degree in communications. For an assignment he was asked to make a short film. He got out to our local track and did a pretty good one about our local RC racing scene.

You can view the video here:

#114 72 days ago

Speaking of Boats... I inherited this American Scout from a good friend before he passed away years ago.

It's a kit that he assembled when he was a teenager. The attention to detail is amazing. It still works and we've had her out a few times in his honor. The speed controller is a little flakey and it probably could sit a little lower in the water, but it's still pretty cool to take for a spin. I'd love to eventually put some lights on her.

IMG_1407 (resized).jpgIMG_1407 (resized).jpg

#115 72 days ago

Is any one interested in this? I inherited it from my brother when he passed. I understand that the box is almost more valuable than the rest??? I can get more pics if needed. Just looking for a fair price. I am willing to ship at buyers expense. Pm me if interested. If no one here is interested can someone at least point me in the direction of where to list it besides FB.

IMG_0193 (resized).jpegIMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
#116 71 days ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Is any one interested in this?

Man, I've been watching these on ebay recently. I still regret selling mine a few years back.
This will definitely sell.

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.