Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002.jpg
001.jpg
Planet of the Apes 1968.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg
twilight_zone_eye_beholder.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

It gets plenty of love now....just back in the good ol days of RGP was it the doo-doo game of the year
I was a cheerleader for the game then, and still am today..... mine is bolted to the floor.

Exactly. Well put. I could not care less about RBION's *value* as mine is not for sale. I have owned this game longer than any other pin I have ever owned and I still play it all the time. Haters are gonna hate, but I don't invite them over very often so its OK.
Terry.

5 months later
#103 10 years ago

There are 4 different ways to earn an extra ball on RBION so any *good* game is going to be a 5-ball game. This makes the skill shot very important. A total of 15 million points can come from skill shots alone in a 5-ball game.

I always try to stack the single ball modes with a second mode (right ramp to vari-target will accomplish that).

Road trip is something you want to do early as this increases your bonuses for each ball thereafter.

Learning how to control the tic-tac-toe grid is probably the most important strategy of the game. Having 2x lit when you get your continent bonus, unlimited millions, or super jackpot can dramatically increase your scores.

I've owned my RBION for 10 years and have yet to see Atlantis; I've been damn close many times though.

My best score is 149 million. My next best score is under 100 million though! I consider any game over 25 million to be a *good* game and any game over 40 million to be a great game.

I used to have my outlanes wide open but that proved to be too big of a kick in the balls so a couple of years ago I moved them to half open. I think it increased the average ball time 50%!

I truly love to play this game and it would be the last game to leave the barn.
Terry.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ha...I bet you feel vindicated, a few years back you took a lot of flack for saying Ripley's was Lawler's best, I remember reading that post on RPG (?) a few years back.

Yeah, I've said it many times for many years and have taken my share of crap for it; to each his own.
I've put a fair amount of time on all Lawler games (I've owned all of them at one point or another except for Bonzai Run and Whirlwind). RBION is the only one I still own; 10 years and running. I'm not saying all other Lawlor games suck, because they don't. All I'm saying is RBION is the keeper, for me anyway.
Terry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-why-no-love?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.