Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002.jpg
001.jpg
Planet of the Apes 1968.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg
twilight_zone_eye_beholder.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from altan:

IMHO RBION got "hurt" by RGP back in the day (2004) because a loud but small group of regulars bitched about it. Hey, it's their right to voice the opinion. That, along with the fact that it wasn't distributed in large numbers (I believe) meant that many people just assumed it was bad but didn't play it.

The few that went out on location didn't hold up well. Mechanically, it very much is a TZ in a skinny cab. Lots of potential problem areas. Also, the vari target was poorly designed. Way too many rejects. Plus, even when it was working, the factory flippers weren't nearly strong enough.

Upgrade the flipper coils and add a lane guide to the vari target (google is your friend) and the game is awesome.

5 months later
#94 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I swear the right drain on mine is the worst drain in all of pinball.

I set my bonus multiplier to carryover, so I always go for the upper lanes when I launch. 9 out of 10 times, on my first ball of my first warmup game, I'll daydream while the ball is in the pops, it will dribble down and bounce off something above the upper scoop and go straight down that right outlane. Happens way too often and I always feel like an idiot when it happens. It does tend to make me focus faster though. It is the worst outlane in pinball. Even in competition, you'll rarely see that one opened all the way up. If I saw that post was removed for a tournament, I probably wouldn't play it.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

You're saying that a full plunge should go around all the way to the pops? Mine doesn't make it that far.

Yes, the upper lanes, then pops. It depends on pitch too, but the right side lane guide at the top of the shooter lane is adjustable. Set your pitch where you want it, then adjust that guide. There's a nut under the playfield. No matter how much you adjust it, a full pull rarely works. You want it to work with ~2/3 of a pull. Set bonus carryover to yes in feature settings when you get it right.

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Also, when multi ball is running, I have to manually plunge balls. They should be auto plunge, right?

They should auto plunge from the lock lane, not the shooter lane. Sounds like your diverter isn't working. You can test it in diags under coil test. Scroll to that coil, hit the enter button, close coin door and hit the start button. Diverter should come down. Or, you can light lock by hitting the shrunken head a few times, then lock balls in the lock lane by shooting the right ramp. If lock is lit and the ball returns to the right flipper, your diverter isn't working.

edit: Could also be your lock switches, which you can easily test in switch test, or your auto plunge coil, which can also be tested in coil test. Probably diverter, then check switches, then auto plunge coil.

1 week later
#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Is there any information available for the lane guide mod and flipper coil upgrades mentioned earlier in this thread?

There is no recommended lane guide to use. You need to find a straight one with at least one tab to attach it to the playfield, like the one linked below (not straight, but has the tabs to attach to playfield).

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10696

Cut to size so that it fits on the left side of the vari target. Should be slightly behind the left post in front, but stick out enough in back to push balls into the hole (not much). Use either existing outside lane guide screws or a new wood screw in front to attach. I used one new screw in front and double sided foam tape in back. sk8ball used existing screws. How you cut your lane guide will determine how you mount it. Measure three times, cut once.

Lower flippers get the Pinball Life 'special' LOTR coils. Upper flipper gets upgraded to at least a WMS 11630 (high power side only). The white post rubbers to the right of the lower scoop and right of the right ramp won't last with the flipper upgrades. Replace them with black post rubbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-why-no-love?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.