Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RTS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider worstpinballever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So I just bought a nice RBION. I noticed while playing the upper right flipper seemed weak (the flipper seems to collapse when a ball hits it). I bought and installed a new solenoid and the problem is still there. Also when I go into the coil test it wont fire but it works when I cycle the coils in the test mode. I can also push the coil down with very little pressure when its energized during a game. I tried jumping the Q14 transistor and that worked and the coil was very strong(can't push flipper back down). I'm stumped.

#3 8 years ago

I have a STP19N06L Mosfet TO-220, will that work? The manual calls for a STP20N10L, I don't have one of those.

#6 8 years ago

tjc02002, there isn't an EOS on that flipper.

#7 8 years ago

Mbecker, thanks for the information!

I'm going to order the correct part and do it right the first time. The game is still playable, it's just when a ball with some velocity hits the flipper bat, it pushes it back down. Almost like something was loose in the mechanism (nothing is). It seems like it isn't getting enough voltage.

1 week later
#9 8 years ago

Well, I replaced the transistor to no avail. My friend came over last night to help me trace the problem. We think it might be something wrong on the CPU/sound board. At the top of the board, in the "dedicated switch in" section. Does this make any sense?

#12 8 years ago

The thing that's odd is that it wont fire in test mode. All other coils do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider worstpinballever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-weak-upper-right-flipper?tu=worstpinballever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.