Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RTS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I assume Q14 is the driver transistor by the schematics? I don't own RBION but it sounds like you should replace the transistor if jumping it solves your problem. Could be partially damaged so it has more resistance than it should between the doped layers in the device and is not allowing full current flow through.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Worstpinballever:

I have a STP19N06L Mosfet TO-220, will that work? The manual calls for a STP20N10L, I don't have one of those.

Those are almost identical transistors spec-wise.. except that you have a much higher driving voltage threshold on the one that the manual calls for -- 100v vs 60v for the one you have on hand. The flipper circuit should be running around 50 - 60v so the one you have on hand is probably fine if you want to try and fix it right away. The max continuous and pulsed current specs are only 1amp off between the two so unlikely that would cause any problems. No promises though.. if you're not in a hurry I'd just order a few of the correct ones. If you want to try to fix it right now, go for it but no promises

Just to clarify -- the flipper is initially strong but it won't stay up when the circuit switches to the holding current or is it weak even when it's "flipping" ?

#8 8 years ago

Good luck! Def. a voltage/current problem with no EOS switch there. I wonder what the voltage is measuring when the flipper is activated and holding?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-weak-upper-right-flipper?tu=mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.