Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by karmalord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

The magnet below the idol seems to have gotten weak.It was working fine about a week ago.I played tonight,the magnet grabs the ball and holds it as it should but it doesn't throw it around anymore when it denergizes.It wants to just come sdtm because its sitting on the magnet then it let's it go.
Where to I start with this issue?I've never had a magnet issue on any of my pins.
Thanks for any input.

#2 4 years ago

Did you change the batteries ?
Remember the magnet has to "learn" how hard to throw it .
If the game was reset or setting lost from dead battery. Then it has to re learn ,could take 10-20 games .
If not that then I have no clue .

#3 4 years ago

I do not have batteries,it has had Nvram installed for quite a while,but I also did not know it had to learn how hard it had to throw the ball.
Not sure why it just lets it go now instead of throw it.
Anyone have any ideas?

#4 4 years ago

Assuming you mean the shrunken head, check the shunken head opto. I have a Ripley's and I play the heck out of it and I've developed a theory on how the head "throws". I think the magnet lets go and the ball drops until the head's opto senses it, then the magnet re-energizes for a split second, throwing the ball upwards.

-E

#5 4 years ago

I have heard that the spot light on the right can interfere with opto. Try turning the right spot off the shrunken head and see what happens.
I would be curious as mine is missing there and seller said that may be the reason.

#6 4 years ago

Sorry I'm so long getting back,busy at work.
The spot light made no difference but I cleaned the opto there and its throwing the ball again.We will see how it does as I play it more.
Thanks for the help.

#7 4 years ago

Good to know that keeping those clean helps. I put a green led light between the Idol plastics, and it doesn't seem to bother the opto there either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside