Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one is a keeper in small collection?”

• MONSTER bash 69 votes
    62%
  • RBION 43 votes
    38%

(112 votes)

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I said RBION can be found at 2000-2500€ in excellent condition and MB at 3500-4000€ with some work. In excellent condition impossible to get a MB less 5000€.
So this is exactly your delta rate.

OK, that makes a bit more sense.... but I would still be VERY hard pressed not to jump on a MB for a mere $1000 more than an RBION... or $2000 more... the relativity is still off imo.

side note: please send me a MB that needs some work for $4K ... or maybe 2 of them.

#52 8 years ago

I prefer really good pizza to really good steak, so my vote goes to RBION (assuming normal prices).

#53 8 years ago

RBION was my first NIB and still enjoy it after all these years.
It is a keeper for me but would love to own a MB eventually.
As far as depth that's easy I would certainly stick with RBION.
You can't beat it as far as value and long term playability.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Agree. No idea how RBION could be described as cheap. I'm mostly a WMS guy... but RBION feels just as good as TZ, T2, WH20, or any other WMS I own.

That's why i always put in "build quality" because I assume they're talking aboot art or something else. Agreed it's just as solid as W/B

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I prefer really good pizza to really good steak, so my vote goes to RBION (assuming normal prices).

Well since you like good pizza open up your resturant with your arcade already! Bang for your buck RBION anyday. Collector piece awesome pinball that is fun with a super theme then MB all day.

#56 8 years ago

I happened to just pick up a Ripleys...love it! It doesn't feel cheap at all to me. The temple looks cheap, but really that's it. It's a fun game. Not SUPER deep like TSPP or LOTR or WOZ, but deeper than the average game. Waaaaay deeper than MB. That's my problem with MB...it's too shallow and gets boring too quickly. MB has everything else nailed: great humor, great art, great toys (except phantom flip, ugh), great sound/music, nice layout (standard fan). There just isn't much to do. I suppose you could toughen it up by opening out lanes, setting up the features extra tough, and throwing on lightning flippers? I'd still take a RBION over MB.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I suppose you could toughen it up by opening out lanes, setting up the features extra tough, and throwing on lightning flippers? I'd still take a RBION over MB.

^^^^^^^

Everything above should be done to every MB...

It would make the game much more satisfying ...

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

is there a save ball on Rbion?

Not a normal time save. RBION I believe is 30,000 points. Nice if you go for the skill shot and miss. Hit more that one rollover switch on the outlanes and ball save gone though.

RBION is a great game IMO.

3 weeks later
#59 8 years ago

Now i know i want a rbion, i tried it and like it...except that skill shot of the death.
I need to play more to understand rules like the aim of digital displays. Numbers, is it random?
Anyway i really had good feelings with all shots
Concerning the MB, it seems to get a better atmosphere and sounds even if i can't understand why a Monster with a musical instrument??

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

You are basically trying to avoid starting any multiballs (which is not so easy as it seems) until you have all the modes set up and then start them all at once.

I literally used to hate the game (have played it for years) until someone recently told me about this. I had no idea. It's much, much more fun.

I'd take MB over RBION any day of the week.

#61 8 years ago

MB is a much better game than RBION. I think MB is not a great choice for a small collection however. Hard to compare the two as they are so different.

#62 8 years ago

Not the same at all they both are great but the price of mb is twice or more. just 2 different to compare!both are great in small or large collections rbion is way harder mb is easier with more toys you can beat mb in 20 min rbion takes over an hour if your a pro lol!!!

#63 8 years ago

Have had my Ripley's for a few months now,and it is a butt kicker even on 5 ball. You get challenging modes that are tough to complete even on a good day. I have still only spelled 3,almost 4 letters at this point, and am left wanting more every time.
I would love a MB someday,but feel I would be putting my hobby before the well being and livelihood of my family if I did. The payoff
just wouldn't be there. I'll stick to playing MB in the arcades.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Have had my Ripley's for a few months now,and it is a butt kicker even on 5 ball. You get challenging modes that are tough to complete even on a good day. I have still only spelled 3,almost 4 letters at this point, and am left wanting more every time.

And, even though it seems it's not getting too much love, the theme itself is absolutely great! The outlane "callout" is one of the best ever.

Anyone owning the machine should have seen this at least once:

Wherever you go, there you are.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 75.00
$ 12.95
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-vs-monster-bash/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.