(Topic ID: 98740)

RBION upper flipper EOS

By RoadRunner

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just bought the game and was taking a look under the hood yesterday night, it is my first Stern. There is no EOS in the upper right flipper; does the game drop voltage to the flipper when the right side flippers are being held up even if there is no EOS? After a brief test game I noticed a slight humm from what I believe was the upper flipper and was afraid something is gonna burn if kept up too long.

All 3 flipper mechanisms were totally cr*pped out and I rebuilt all of them before even properly testing the game. They all work super snappy now but the humm made me think about the missing EOS and how the system limits voltage during flipper hold up. Thanks already for the answers.

#2 9 years ago

Ripley's uses a fliptronics board so the high power is turned off a few milliseconds after the flipper button is depressed and held. The only purpose of the EOS is for when a ball strikes the flipper and pushes it down, the high power will briefly energize the coil. Most (if not all) games do not have an EOS for upper flippers.

If you want to confirm the functionality of the lower right EOS just go into switch test and push the flipper up.

In regards to the hum, check the coil on the upper flipper and make sure it's tight and can't be moved up and down.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from RoadRunner:

After a brief test game I noticed a slight humm from what I believe was the upper flipper and was afraid something is gonna burn if kept up too long.

100% Normal for Stern. You get used to it on all flippers. Congrats on a great game!

#4 9 years ago

Totally normal, I just got a RBION too and love it. Frustrating and rewarding at the same time.

1 week later
#6 9 years ago

Thx for the replies guys, not to worry about the humming then. Just spent the last two days changing bulbs and ripping the game apart as I always do when I get a new one in the garage. Horrible wear on the pit in front of the playfield but otherways it cleaned up really nice. I will have to buy some liquid wood putty to fix the pit and put a new cliffy on it. There is plenty to play in this one, just scored 35mil and have a feeling I just scratched the surface and made it just 3rd on the hiscore list. A great trade on my Demoman

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-upper-flipper-eos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.