(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seamlesswall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 6 years ago

Howdy, long time owner of pins, bought fixed played sold. Major move and had to sell everything. Whitewater? Why oh why did I sell that? Anyway, at the beginning of this year I had an inside track to RBION. I offered 3k as it was HUO. First pin I didn't have to majorly fix. Picked up the game transporting it from Ct to Vt after work. No key. Unplugged (owners didn't know there was a switch). Kid runs down the stairs and wants the money inside. No can do. My gain of $4.25 after drilling. In Vt I plugged it in and it was acting odd as Idol was constantly talking and shrunken was constantly commenting on the endless chatter. Mind you I have never played this table. Low output LED now fixed. But, the coils were looking for missing ball. I was befuddled. Then I notice a ball caught between 2 plastic posts that were designed to keep balls off the upper plastics. Well by chance the 2 posts captured the ball. How long was this owner playing with only 3 balls? A challenging game to say the least. I have psychologically given up on Froggy Frenzy as it seems impossible. After realizing that the ball upon release "should" go to the upper lanes I saw that the ball guide is movable via a slot in the playfield. Problem was it hit a stand up post before it could reach max. I took the guide out and took a dremel tool it and achieved the right alignment.

6 months later
#543 5 years ago

I have touched on this previously about RBION, now that I've played it quite a bit as I have a HUO I'd like to point out an issue. With the plunger shot at the beginning of each ball, you have 2 sweet spots: either the skill shot to give you a million (or more per ball) or up through the spinner to the 3 lanes to give multiplier bonus. This is a tough game to begin with and having it operate correctly as designed is important. However, from the factory it was impossible to get up to the 3 lanes (thus forgoing the opportunity to get the skill shot) because the curved rail was not and could not be set correctly. So, I was wondering with owners, do you have the same problem - not being able to get up to the 3 lanes upon your opening shot? Since I had to do much modifications to achieve this, it wasn't a simple fix. I'm interested in feedback.

#545 5 years ago

That's what is interesting. Yes there is a slot for that adjustment. When I first went to make the adjustment, the nut and threaded rod would only travel about half way the length of the slot. Further inspection showed, on the playfield side, the plate that the threaded rod is welded to hit the post next to the curved metal piece that aims the ball (that is attached to this plate/threaded rod assy) So, I had to disassemble and dremmel out the metal plate so it wouldn't hit the post. However, on the underside, the post is held by a nylon nut and the shooter lane guide is also held in the slot with a nut and washer. The nuts hit each other before correct adjustment can be made. I got it by backing off the post nut to get more travel. I was just wondering if others suffered from this, what seems to be a manufacturing oversight.

Quoted from accidental:

How come you can't adjust your lane? Both ball launch lanes are adjustable from underneath. They move left/right in a slot. Simply loosen the nut, adjust the angle, tighten.

1 week later
#547 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Another thing I'm getting a bit frustrated with, and someone might have a tip/solution for this, is the Bonus X rollover insert lights. Oftentimes an upper orbit shot with the upper flipper sends the ball into those lanes for me, but also oftentimes one of those shots is accompanied by a light show that involves the inserts! So I've got a ball up there about to roll over a Bonus X lane, and does indeed roll into one of them, while a light show is flashing everything and obscuring which of the inserts are unlit. It frustrates the hell out of me to be making a blind manoeuvre here and then hearing the sound effect for a ball rolling over an already-lit insert. The light show causes me to blow a relatively rare opportunitie to light a Bonus-X insert.

Yes this seems to be the case. When I had everything tuned up and could get up there with my plunge shot, I commonly went to 5 x (not a big deal even if you achieve that, everything else is much harder on this game). But as previously mentioned by me, the adjustable guide rail simply doesn't stay put and in my case has a manufacturing defect. Tonight I achieved 5x by ball 3. From then on I went for the skill shot. The next game "Welcome Back" I could no longer get up to the lanes with the plunge shot even though I completely secured the guide rail in a fixed position.
On the shrunken head - I would reduce the amount of hits in the adjustments.

1 month later
#589 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

For some reason when I position the lane guide as far down as possible it still isn't far enough to get around the inner loop.

My shooter lane adjustment would only go half way in the adjustment slot. I had to dremel out the metal next to the threaded post attached to the metal guide so it wouldn't hit the single post next to the guide. It's important to have the option of getting bonus multipliers OR skill shot. Your choice, for me getting high multipliers adds more points than the skill shot.

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

As in, if you roll into a lit lane you get a full set of Bonus X lamps in one go?

No, just one but it gives you an edge to get multipliers IF you can get it up there. I still keep losing the ability, over time, to get up there because something changes with that ramp adjustment. When I had it working correctly (I believe) the post would come up to prevent the ball from continuing the loop - only for the first 2 balls. Subsequent balls you'd have to finesse it up there. Today, once again I keep hitting the right red post to the right of the spinner. If I back off, the ball doesn't have enough umph to get up there although it goes through the spinner. I have the table angle set at the correct angle via a digital level. I will double check.

2 years later
#958 3 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I think when I pull it apart to fix optos, I will change light.

I bought a HUO Ripleys and yes I had to replace some optos. Really the only problem. The head is tricky to take off, and upon reading this thread I think I will order a red LED replacement so I don't have to go into his head in the future. I agree the shaker motor makes no sense. Save it for your next game.

#960 3 years ago

Has ANYONE achieved Froggy Frenzy? There is a video on line of someone doing it, but it was edited right before he does it so, it was staged.

11 months later
#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from DropGems:

How deep is this game? I have a shadow that I regularly get to the final battle so looking for another challenging pin.

I've owned mine for about 3 years and I'll make a bet that you won't reach the end, I haven't. Not even close. If you can get to Froggy Frenzy you will then be allowed to sell your machine. I went on Youtube to watch what actually happens, this guy plays and plays for what seems like eternity, and then not surprisingly, he makes an edit right before Froggy Frenzy because he didn't actually do it, he had to set it up for the final shot.
Played my game just yesterday, and heard call outs, and one animation that I had never seen before. Not sure exactly what I achieved but I have to say, I like this game.

Quoted from DK:

Are flaky Idol optos a common problem on Ripley's?

Yup. Bought mine HUO, pristine, never played a Ripleys, and I heard all of this constant laughing. I thought "this is annoying". Quickly traced it to idol. Ordered new optos, and has worked ever since.

#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

"That guy" is Keith Elwin:

I saw a different video. Keith is not edited.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seamlesswall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=seamlesswall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.