(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r0ddan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#481 6 years ago

Rbion is now my second game. Brought it home last week.
It's seen som action so it will receive love as our relationship deepens and I learn how to give...
I't not really a problem. Or at least I don't know. But when I'm testing the varitarget pos 2-4 is fine. Pos 5 is still registering as pos 4 according to the optos but then if I touch it the slightest it will register as pos 5, and then back to 4 again...
Will I experience any real life trouble with this or should I just let it be?
I haven't got the faintest idea what to do about it anyway.

#489 6 years ago

I won't mind testing but can't at the moment. The gameroom is occupied by teenager with no room. I might come back with an answer if and when I test. Difficulty was one of my theories but the answers so far is enough, I won't lie sleepless over this. Thanks!

3 months later
#586 5 years ago

Huston we have a problem.
No, but I do...
I think the phenomena is called bouncy flipper. What happens is that when the ball gets kicked out of the scoop and I try to catch it with the left flipper held up, the flipper bounces it away.
The flipper is kind of weak. I can quite easily push it down with my fingers. More easy than the right flipper anyway. If I adjust the eos so that its always open a ball hit makes the flipper fold down. The same if I adjust the eos to be always closed.
Everything on the flipper assembly is rebuilt. There is even a new baseplate (my wife knows about this, I’m not popular).
I still want to believe that there is weak contact between punger and coilstop, but since they’re both new I’m out of ideas.
Anyone else with the same problem. Or better yet, a solution?

2 months later
#641 5 years ago

I would search the forum for this if I only knew what to search for...
My rbion is kind of beat up in som places. The scoop hole is one of those places along with the two posts that guards the hole. I have just now done my best at fixing this. I unscrewed the scoop from underneath and worked the hole and the hole for the left post with jb weld. It’s far from perfect since I’m not a handy man, but it will work. But when I put it all together again and tried the game the scoop fires to the right flipper and not to the left. I am for sure getting a nervous breakdown... what am I supposed to adjust?

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

You may have built out the left edge of the scoop too much and the ball is impacting it on it's way out, changing it's trajectory.
Always the best way to diagnose kinetic issues is to put your smart phone into slow-mo mode. Film the ball ejecting from the scoop and watch what it does. You'll soon see what the issue is.
My game was restored by a previous owner and he repaired the scoop with wood epoxy resin. Over time the tightness of one of the posts and the impacts from the ball caused the epoxy to crack and separate from the play field, slowing moving the edge further inward until it started protruding in the way of the ball. This caused the ball to go STDM. Instead of dealing with the major headache of fixing the epoxy, I just moved the scoop over a few mm and solved it.

That's probably what I have done. I wish I was a better craftsman or had someone to do it for me. I would love to have this game with a perfect playfield but I have what I have. It's playable but with minor issues...
I solved this one with washers on the left side between scoop and playfield. Next thing is to get my flippers to funktion more precise. I seem to get crappy parts when I buy parts to rebuild them. Coilstops that break in two and baseplate with holes that no screws fit in and so forth... I might sell this one even thou it's a fun game...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r0ddan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=r0ddan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.