(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintuck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 6 years ago

My new ColourLED is coming in the mail for my RBION
Going to try the ColourLED in it first, then swap my colourDMD from Family Guy into RBION and see which is better.
Love RBION!

10 months later
#476 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Yep, piece of piss mate.
just give the edges a slight bevel.

I purchased a second magnet core, I think from Marcos, installed it and sent the badly worn one to a metal shop, I had to pull it out from the top of the playfield after loosening the core from the magnet base. Got it levelled and slightly bevelled. I re-installed it and got the other one re-done the same.
I put wide clear packing tape over the magnet extending an inch or two in both directions. Works great.

2 weeks later
#497 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, agreed, but packing tape is super thin. I bet you it wears through after just a few stops. Plus, the magnet is exerting enough force on the ball that it "mushrooms" the top of the magnet. I'd be genuinely surprised if it survives. No one I know of puts mylar directly on top of an exposed magnet</blockquote

Was wanting to reduce the gap between the magnet core and its hole to try and up the smoothness and flow. When I applied the tape, the ball travel is smoother through the magnet area and magna-throw works great but eventually had worn and torn.

3 months later
#603 5 years ago

I have the same problem Vbobrusev. On my Ripley's, the balls in the trough stick together occasionally and I have to smack the side of the machine several times to get them to roll into proper position. I thought it was something to do with the trough itself like wear and ball trails, tried slightly oiled them and, I replaced the metal channels and tried to incline the trough to create further downward slope to get the balls to roll right down with no improvement.
In my case turned out to be that two of the 4 balls were magnetised by the head and idol under playfield magnets to cause (when in the right particular order in the trough) binding on the metal side of the trough, so either 'de-magnetise' (haven't looked into how) or change out the balls with a new set of standard carbon balls, but it wont last forever before they're magnetised again. If you use 'specialty' balls like ninja's it gets even worse, getting magnetised very quickly.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Multipliers and the entire roll over area, as mentioned a lot here, is the one miss in the game. They just aren't used that much.... With no gates to stop the ball on either side up there.

Valuable because the bonus X multiplier remains for the rest of the game (unless you tilt), its not easy to get, is shoot-able by a lazy back-hand up the right hand lane off the bottom right flipper, a pulsed quick but sloppy style flip does it (like when you're going for Penguin Jackpot). Which upper lane is lit or not lit is hard to pick sometimes, by design as the light show to confuses the player and the flippers change the lit lane.

4 weeks later
#637 5 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Valuable because the bonus X multiplier remains for the rest of the game (unless you tilt), its not easy to get, is shoot-able by a lazy back-hand up the right hand lane off the bottom right flipper, a pulsed quick but sloppy style flip does it (like when you're going for Penguin Jackpot). Which upper lane is lit or not lit is hard to pick sometimes, by design as the light show to confuses the player and the flippers change the lit lane.

Or rather, I have set it this way and gives great value using the bonus X

1 month later
#650 5 years ago

Accidental, I Just noticed, is that a rubber on the pop bumper skirt in photo 5686?

#651 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I have one and I LOVE it! I went with LCD for the reason stated by Thelaw. The LCD version is an actual screen made to look like dots, and you can change the display settings easily to change the look. The LED version is actual LEDs, so there arent any options for changing the appearance

I went with the Colour LED display in mine. It's brighter and has more vibrantly displayed colours.
The Hi-Res feature I don't need and the LCD can't get any brighter, still great in any case.

#652 5 years ago

Has anybody in the group installed a Pinsound board in their game....yet?
What do you think?

#653 5 years ago

I installed those new translucent bumper bodies into my Ripley's. Bugger of a job.
Looks good.

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0207 (resized).JPGIMG_0207 (resized).JPG
#654 5 years ago

The red and Clear Translucent Pop Bodies.

IMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#835 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't think people do that for Whitestar games. Plus there's no source material anyway.

Pinsound has a Whitestar interface adapter and can be installed into a Ripley's no problem at all.
The 'OST' or 'Original Sound Track' is available and loaded, works very well.
From there, using the Pinsound editor utility, you can replace sounds, music and call outs.

11 months later
#932 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Too funny. Same game club again! Not much we can do with the software on this one, but the machine is quite amazing as it sits. That said, pinsound is a $350 update that lets us change the audio callouts as desired. Worth $350??? Not sure yet.

I put a Pinsound Plus in my RBION a while back and after about a week, took it out and put it back to original.
The downloadable OST orchestration is mostly ok, but I found some missing audio chunk pieces and sync issues.

I would only use it if you intend changing things like the annoying baby-ish sound effects and voice calls coming from the idol, otherwise study the OST and fill in the blanks or don't bother. In the end, I lost interest in trying to re-compose the effects and voice calls in Pinsound studio.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 45.95
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintuck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=pintuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.