(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Here's mine

20160130_220101_(resized).jpg

You need some spotlights...damn that middle is dark!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was. I could tell when it wasn't kicking out to the left flipper consistently. I fixed that. It just seems like the ball goes towards the scoop too hard since the scoop is so close and then it rebounds all over the place. I can pretty consistently backhand the vari-target so I go that route instead.

I go vari-target too, but more because if the scoop is missed and hits the post you are in serious trouble!

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My scoop has always played a nice dead bounce from left to right flipper luckily. It's almost hard to miss that shot too...even with cliffy

Mine is not easy to hit...you have to hit it dead on or it won't drop in. I have a cliffy and superband post rubbers. I attribute it to that.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Mine is not easy to hit...you have to hit it dead on or it won't drop in. I have a cliffy and superb and post runners. I attribute it to that.

image_(resized).jpeg

Not sure why that pic looks so purple...damn camera.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It looks F*&**&^ horrible , but not as bad as awarded EB for points
I find my Cliffy doesn't hurt much...might just be lucky. There are some games, even the same game diff'rent cliffys, that really hurt a shot and some don't bother it at all. Weird.

LOL...well, I need that extra ball on this game. There's always a house ball down that right outlane it seems or an insta-drain down the middle off a missed scoop shot!

1 week later
#70 8 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ya I'm looking to complete Antartica. Pinball news write up says 3 penguin laps and penguin jackpot. Think the game says 3 penguin laps. So your saying ramps first, rt loop to re-light?

That pinball news article is way old code...it doesn't really apply for everything. A lot is missing. I wish someone would write a more accurate rule set.

2 months later
#110 7 years ago

LEDs flicker like crazy on RBION. Lots of fade effects. Mine came with LEDs and I've been mulling over an OCD kit for it to quell the flicker.

9 months later
#161 7 years ago
Quoted from twisty4678:

Can anyone comment on the ball lock switches? There are three switches but you only lock two balls, correct? On my game, the third switch is purposely raised so that it is never activated. Is this normal? Multiballl functions as it should, but seems weird to be like this?

Not normal.

2 weeks later
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just curious, has anyone had any success getting the ball to travel from the shooter all the way around to the pop bumpers at the top? Or does everyone's ball just bump the post like mine? Even after adjusting.

Why not go for the skillshot as intended? It's worth some pretty nice points in a tough low scoring game.

2 months later
#240 6 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

As I was browsing games and their ratings comments earlier, I noticed one that confused me and made me want to vent just a bit. The most recent rating comment for our Ripleys machine says that he feels the game is "Problematic in its depiction of people of color". What is this guy seeing that I'm not? Is it the shrunken head on the backglass? The Jamaican accent? If that's the case, someone needs to lighten up. Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyway, that's my rant

LOL, he must really really HATE RS!

People are overly sensitive. Ignore them.

2 months later
#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawlor_and_Order:

Just on-boarded an RBION recently, and my first order of business was to remedy Stern's lack of playfield toys. (Third photo, across the top: unicorn, Neptune, Loch Ness Monster, Taj Mahal, Phoenix, Yeti, Mayan Temple, Giant Squid, Parthenon, Jackelope, Pyramids.)
The Idol was made from a paper cup and an old plastic lei. The first version looked even better, with easter basket grass for hair, but tended to get in the way of the habitrail, so I cut it down a little. The alien undergoing the autopsy actually sits really securely but the occasional airborne ball jiggles it; thus far I haven't had to take off the glass to fix it. Bigfoot's going nowhere; very, very solid placement because it has adjustable limbs, so I just fiddled with it until it was wedged in securely.

2 months later
#310 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

nope I can see mine just fine

That could be your problem...LEDs for me don't work well in this game.

LEDs are awesome in this game!

3 weeks later
#341 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Welcome to the club. Now rip all the horrible goddamn purple shit out of there so you can see it

To be fair, I bet it doesn’t look purple in person...if it does, then YES RIP THAT SHIT OUT!

1 month later
#430 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's kick ass for sure.

It does, but it is expensive...not sure it’s quite worth the scratch.

1 week later
#444 6 years ago
Quoted from _KIRK_:

The shrunken head LED keeps burning out. What is happening?

LED burning out? I’ve never seen an LED “burn out”. Usually a leg breaks off or something...do you have the right voltage LEDs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.