(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#587 5 years ago

I am a member of this illustrious club since yesterday, when NicoVolta graciously met me halfway and sold me his nice example of this game. I need to do a few small tweaks to it but it's in great shape overall. Very excited to have this game and to get to know it better!

Ripleys (resized).jpegRipleys (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#595 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Although we have another Ripley’s at the museum... I do wonder if the day will come when I regret selling that one.
It’s grown on me a lot. One of my top three favorites here!

I'm kinda glad that you went through with the sale...

3 weeks later
#607 5 years ago

Can someone who has a RBION confirm that the 2 posts on either side of the scoop are both supposed to be attached to T-nuts on the bottom of the playfield? It appears that the previous owner may have literally glued the right side post into the hole, but the really weird thing is that I can't see any evidence that there was ever a T-nut attached to this hole---did it actually come from the factory this way???

1 week later
#617 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

Added the Tombstone decals. Looks nice!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those DO look nice! Where did you find them?

1 month later
#646 5 years ago

I just committed the cardinal sin of taking some clear plastic pieces off of the top of the right ramp on my RBION without taking pictures of how it looked when I got started. If anyone is near a Ripley's, could you be so kind as to post a picture of the top of the right ramp near the "Did you know" sign? The plastics I am referring are 2 clear ones... one is a small crescent moon shaped one with 2 holes in it, and the other is a larger oblong piece. They are seperated by posts. As careful as I was when I laid them out in my parts dish as I took them out, my memory isn't what it used to be and I can't figure out which one goes where.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#649 5 years ago

That’s exactly what I needed. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#665 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey guys, I appreciate everyone's comments. However, it seems that I may not have made something clear. Right now I'm gauging general interest for those who would want to buy either of the designs. In other words, if/when I make them available, each buyer will get to pick from the two versions the style they want. This is not an either/or situation . . . i.e. each individual at time of order will be able to choose 1) design with pics or 2) design w/o pics.
If there are only a couple of people interested, then I'll proceed with my homemade version. However, if there are several who are seriously interested then I'm going to explore having them professionally made due to the time and effort it takes to create them.
Keep up the feedback, and I appreciate everyone's interest.

I'd be interested in one. Also would probably choose the non-photo version.

4 weeks later
#693 5 years ago

I'm definitely in for one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.