(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lawtalkinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#349 6 years ago

Hey RBIONers! Brand new owner of a very minty example! Love this game so much I sold another Lawlor masterpiece, Whirlwind, to make room! 2 questions for the group:

1. This may be an issue that of fine tuning the side to side level, but I'm finding in the temple the ball almost always falls in A or C, maybe 1 time out of 25 it will go thru the middle lane. Anyone else experience this?

2. The right outlane is so brutal in this game I've read where people have modified it. Thoughts?

Thanks!

1 month later
#389 6 years ago

So, soldering and electronics are just not my forte, but I would really love to add the scoop mod. No issue opening things up and taking playfield elements apart. How tough would this be for a noob like myself to install? Thanks!!

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

My scoop mod was plug and play.

Where’re did you get it, Cash?

3 weeks later
#452 6 years ago

I am having a problem with mine that has been an ongoing issue from day one. When the ball is coming down the left side habitrail from the temple, the ball will sometimes hit the hole and then roll right onto the right ramp habitrail and then get stuck due to not enough velocity in the roll back to the left.

Anyone else have this problem. I’ve got the slope set at approximately 6.8 but still will often get stuck. I’m guessing maybe the right habit rail is bent/warped somehow? I don’t see any obvious bend and this game was in near perfect condition and documented HUO when I bought it in December. I’m the 2nd owner.

Thoughts?

#454 6 years ago

Thanks. I think they were set correctly but needed a slight adjustment and that seems to have solved the problem. Appreciated.

3 months later
#524 5 years ago

Hey gang. Anyone have an issue with the ball getting stuck on a low power hit up the left ramp. Mine regularly gets hung up on the, actually not sure what you call it, switch door(?) right behind the Shrunken Head. Any thoughts on how to remedy? Machine has been pretty well leveled, both side to side and back to front. WD-40 on the hinge?

0D02200F-826B-454C-972F-1CCCCB582D87 (resized).jpeg0D02200F-826B-454C-972F-1CCCCB582D87 (resized).jpeg

#528 5 years ago

Thanks, I’ll take a look. First thing I looked for was to see if the shrunken head’s hair was getting tangled. I didn’t see anything, but it’s tough to get a good look without pulling things apart, which of course i’d rather avoid. Again, it only happens occasionally on a low power shot, but annoying nonetheless.

#538 5 years ago

Factory setting is really really hard on this game, especially with the brutal outlanes. The game is known for having incredibly short game times and that makes it not very fun. I have a short ball save set and special gives extra ball. Ball save is such a standard feature these days i have no issue turning it on. I know there are purists out there who only go with factory, but no chance in hell I’d ever get to Atlantis on factory. I’ve had mine since December and the most RIPLEY’S letters I’ve managed to get is 4 with a lot of time spent on the game. Part of the reason I love this game is the challenge, but if it’s not fun what’s the point?

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Hey you set your games up the way you want them. Lawlor isn't much for ball saves, to the point one of the updates took it away from default setting.
Lawtalking have you played Dialed in yet? Jesus i feel like it's super RBION. Harder to get the letters, it has more of them, and you have to hit the hardest shot in Pinball to collect them!

Love Dialed In and hope to own it some day! It’s the ultimate Lawlor in my book. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to spend enough “quality time” with it to known the rule set very well, like I know RBION, but RBION feels more unforgiving, at least in terms of ball times. Somehow I always do well on Dialed In and it doesn’t feel as maddening as RBION. And doesn’t it have a ball save???

1 month later
#569 5 years ago

Has anyone else noticed, at least with 3.20 code, when you get “Big Points” from the Believe it or Not scoop it does not actually display the points?

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My idol definitely is NOT always lit. I'm not sure what wakes him up, but once I hit him a few times, light goes out

Mine has to be relit as well. It’s relit by either shooting the left bumpers within 8 seconds of it being unlit, or by shooting the bion scoop when that scoop is unlit.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello guys,
my Ripley's is gone. but that's temporary ^^
check this out, hope it gonna gets a lot of love at the hospital
https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en/2018/07/05/thisisreal/

That’s fantastic! Very cool of you to do that.

1 month later
#612 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Tonight I finally made it to Frog Frenzy!
I got the first 5 Super Jackpots in the first multiball, the 6th one with the Continent Jackpot and the final one to start Frog Frenzy by completing the '2' row in the temple grid (which is the only way I could see myself getting there the quickest). Pulled it off with two balls to spare. It was a great mode. Tick that off the bucket list

Congrats!!! Yet to even get close.

1 week later
#616 5 years ago

Added the Tombstone decals. Looks nice!

4D5FB95B-A92C-4089-B917-7D511C1D5935 (resized).jpeg4D5FB95B-A92C-4089-B917-7D511C1D5935 (resized).jpeg795973C6-09BC-46A2-A572-C5DF31E422C9 (resized).jpeg795973C6-09BC-46A2-A572-C5DF31E422C9 (resized).jpeg
#620 5 years ago

As i was putting my new target decals on this weekend i realized that i have no idea what the "Enter at your own risk" target to the left of the shrunken head does other than count as a hit on the shrunken head during South America mode. Is that all it does? Seems strange to have a stand up target that has only one minor function. Thoughts about this?

3 weeks later
#638 5 years ago

Anyone have ColorDMD on their machine? Looking to add this. LED vs. LCD, any thoughts?

4 weeks later
#656 5 years ago

Sure wish someone would release updated code for this game. Surprising how many bugs are in the final 3.20. That Idol Million bug on Antarctica mode pisses me off every time. Anyone here have the skills????

#657 5 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue when shooting the right loop the ball sometimes has a major slowdown near the diverter mechanism? I’m wondering if this is common or if I have a problem?

2 weeks later
#673 5 years ago

Can anyone here tell me which fuse is for the 3 flashers? Mine are suddenly (well I just noticed, so not sure how long) out and I assume this should be my first step. I’ve tried to figure it out from the manual but not sure. Thanks!

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think you should be looking at F7... hopefully someone else can confirm.
Sometimes it’s the simplest things: are you sure all three flasher bulbs are good?

I’m not. Unfortunately I’m out and have on order. Will be the first thing I check once I get them. I thought it was F7, just double checking. Thanks!!!

2 months later
#723 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Theme and presence would be my guess

Agree with theme, although I really don’t it since it’s one of the few modern games that is essentially an original theme. What do you mean by “presence”, @TheLaw? Meaning it’s hard to find in location?

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's my thought. 2004 time frame of course isn't a popular one with Stern..so I think a lot of those get looked over.

Yup. Agreed. Virtually never see this game out there. And if it is it’s usually not working as it should.

1 month later
#771 5 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

I have been having an issue with the number of hits to the idol required to light extra ball randomly dropping down from 12 to 4. When I go back into the feature adjustments it still says it is set at 12 even though it lights at 4. In order to get it back to 12 I have to change the value to something else and save and then set it back. If anyone has any insight into this minor annoyance it would be appreciated.

So has anyone else figured this problem out? Mine continuously adjusts the extra ball idol hits upward and the only way to make sure it stays at factory default of 12 is to keep resetting it. Incredibly annoying when extra balls are critical to reaching Atlantis/Frog Frenzy. Anyone find a solution to this?

Really wish someone would update the code since it’s so damn buggy still (I’m looking at you “Idol Million”).

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

I'm fairly sure this one resides in the realm of buggy software, I still have to do this from time to time though not as much since I replaced the flaky opto's.
While a lot of us would love to see this game and others get updated, I just wouldn't hold your breath for Stern to fix software in a 15 year old game...

Yeah, I know. One can dream!! Hoping some RBION fan/genius could pull it off!!

1 month later
#799 4 years ago

So what do most of you have your pitch set at. I like it a little faster so have at approx 6.9 or so. However, I often have a hell of a time with that vari-target. Will make solid hits and it just won’t go. Wondering if this may be the problem. Also, is there anything special I should be doing with vari-target maintenance?

5 months later
#824 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I’ve joined the club! Enjoying a nice HUO machine I picked up last week.

Nice, Jockton! Glenn from league. Got me an HUO RBION too! (My only game actually ) Love it! Need to see your collection some day!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lawtalkinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=lawtalkinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.