(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipstream.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1107 2 years ago

Thanks to Markharris2000 I am now a club member. I've had the game on stream a few times now, and trying to reach Atlantis is going to keep me busy for a while, for sure!

4 months later
#1127 2 years ago

So I've got a bit of a mystery with my GI circuit, figured I'd ask here to hopefully save a bit of diagnostic time. As soon as I push a flipper button, most of the GIs go out and F27 is blown.

I've seen the PinWiki info about C32 leaking to ground, except opening the coin door doesn't bring the GI circuit back. Replacing F27 gets the GIs working again until I push the flipper button, although the game works fine outside of the GI failure. Has anyone seen this behavior already? Figured I would ask before I start chasing the feed going into F27.

1 week later
#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Sounds like a short to me, likely under the playfield, where a wire from the flipper coil is somehow touching a wire from the GI. It's a tedious investigation, but if you follow everything associated with the flipper coils, you'll likely find a problem with a GI socket touching something it shouldn't be touching that is part of the flipper wiring, etc.

I got it sorted out, and you weren't too far off. After I lifted the PF to check the wiring, the F27 fuse started to blow right away when I turned the machine on. I ended up pulling every violet GI circuit bulb and checking the sockets. A small bead of solder got into the bulb socket under the right sling. The right side flipper apparently had enough vibration force to cause the short that killed the fuse. I removed the solder bead, hit all of the sockets with a shot of compressed air, replaced the LED for good measure, and all was well after that.

4 weeks later
#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Mine doesn't have an LED ocd board and it looks great. I just use Comet non ghosting bulbs everywhere and have no issues. Frosted lens in both GI and controlled lighting. I'm doing this in multiple machines. EATPM, BSD, FT, and RBION. No need for an OCD board. No Good Gophers is up next.

Watch the RBION attract mode, it's a terrible flickering mess with LEDs. Non-ghosting LEDs prevent dim insert glowing when inserts should be off, although they don't do anything for brightness transition problems.

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, what you're saying is, add leds, then add a board to make the leds not look like leds?
Just ribbing you a bit. I totally understand the benefit of leds over incandescents. And, I understand how some people prefer the gradual fade of original bulbs. However, my leds look great to me, and I've never once had 1 person look at any of my games and suggest that I need a control board. So, to each their own I guess.

It's not exclusive to gradual fade, it's anytime the inserts should have a brightness between fully on and fully off. There is no brightness spectrum without the OCD board; LEDs will be off, flicker at full brightness, or solid on at full brightness. Here's a bulb comparison showing cropped from my prior RBION streams of Incandescent vs. LED vs. LED+OCD:

1 month later
#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

I went on Youtube to watch what actually happens, this guy plays and plays for what seems like eternity, and then not surprisingly, he makes an edit right before Froggy Frenzy because he didn't actually do it, he had to set it up for the final shot.

"That guy" is Keith Elwin:

2 weeks later
#1194 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Couldn't a dremel be used to slim the post if it is mushroomed?

Once you get it out of the machine, sure, although it would be easier to get new parts at that point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipstream.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=flipstream and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.