(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cash_riprock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

I used Cliffies in different colors throughout game. Gotta' have Cliffies! ; )

8 months later
#27 8 years ago

See my reply to your other post. Orrrr here was one for ya'.

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/2013/02/ripleys-believe-it-or-not.html?m=1

1 year later
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Odd problem today: When the Idol is lit, it will score when the flippers are activated. Anyone have this pop up?
Thanks in advance,
Lee

Lee

I remember this happening but not exactly clear on what I did, but I 'think' I cleaned the playfield area over the 'eye' and cleaned the opto's and made sure aligned. I may have replaced and opto but I don't think so. Sorry not clear but something to check or try until hopefully somebody else chimes in.

1 month later
#185 7 years ago

Just as TheLaw stated. Do you have 4 balls installed? If so, take a look at the switches to make sure all operating and properly adjusted. Go into switch test and see.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ok, last question, hopefully... sorry guys... if there are balls left in the right side lock when the game ends, should the game eject them automatically? My machine isn't.

Yes, but it takes a few minutes after game ends to eject them. And don't be sorry for asking questions! ; )

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This wasn't my idea, I saw someone else here do it, but I have a couple penguins now over the penguin lane!

Scribbs that looks good! Where did you get the pengies?

#215 7 years ago

^^ Thank you kindly. ^^

4 months later
#261 6 years ago
Quoted from Rackleye:

Joined the club a couple months ago with RBION as my first pin. Great game and really enjoying it. Anyone else having issues with the scoop shooting the ball straight down the middle drain missing the left flipper completely. Mine seems pointed straight down the drain and almost looks bent to the right. Does that sound like a broken weld. Guess I should take it off and check. I'd guess 30% of the time it's not even possible to touch the ball. I've had 6 Million point games where the only points scored were skill shots.

Is there a Cliffy on it?

#267 6 years ago

Here's what I have found. For whatever reason, (or as Rackleye posted he re-shaped Cliffy)after awhile of time of a Cliffy in RBION the SDTM 'syndrome is bound to happen. I change the Cliffy and back in action. I'd rather replace and keep pf protected and also keep Cliffy in business! : )

If you see this Cliffy thanks again for the great products and hope all is well!

5 months later
#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Just joined the club.... I love this game....
Has anybody lit the scoop and how did you do this ?
Reason for asking is the whole thing is more or less sealed in in it's own "metal box" or housing with coil, plunger etc etc....
There is an opening in the metal housing and I am wondering how and where you placed the led lamp... Looking at the housing, technically I would think you could place the lamp holder outside of the housing on the open underside of the playfield, direct the light through the opening and then to the scoop.... Or do you place it inside the housing ?
Thanks for any guidance.
reg
Matt

Congratulations Matt. Years ago somebody (can’t remember who) made a kit to light up for the scoop...color changing. It attaches under the pf and the bulb was on the outside of housing.

#358 6 years ago

Yes, not a problem lighting it up...at least the one I have.

1 month later
#387 6 years ago

I’d have to look, but I thought there were a couple of screws involved when I took mine off.

#391 6 years ago

My scoop mod was plug and play.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

Where’re did you get it, Cash?

Got your pm and replied.(as you know : ) Just seeing this now.

10 months later
#701 5 years ago

Clean the play field AND the plastics where the opto lights shine through.

3 weeks later
#712 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

from where I will find one tiki from my RBION in low price?

This what you are looking for?

https://mezelmods.com/products/ripleys-believe-it-or-not-pinball-idol-flasher

1 week later
#715 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

yes this is avaible?

You’d have to contact them.

1 week later
#748 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Can anyone confirm part # or size of the metal posts on the bottom of each side of this mech. It’s the metal base that a post sleeve fits over it. My threaded top section broke off. Base looks like a 10 but top thread is either a 6 or an 8
I removed the top black posts on each side to make it factory
[quoted image]

Check the manual if no definitive.

https://archive.org/details/Stern_Pinball_Ripleys_Believe_It_or_Not_Manual

2 months later
#783 5 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

How to you adjust the left scoop so it does not throw the ball down the drain? It is a buzz kill on a fun game. I have loosened the assembly and pivoted a bit but no luck. Friends love the game but everyone does not like the drains action.

Is there a Cliffy Protector on it? (Which is a good thing)

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Yes it has a Cliffy Protector and the pin is level

Ok, here’s what I have found. Replace the Cliffy w/another and you’ll be good again. You could run without it but myself I like it to be there to do it’s job, and it supports Cliffy for all he does for the hobby. This has happened on my pin so far 3 times. What ever is happening to the Cliffy from use makes it throw the ball sdtm. I spoke to Cliffy years ago about this and we never came up w/exactly why but it happens. I have looked at the ones I have taken off and can’t really see what has happened from wear but that is what it is from.

#790 5 years ago

I’m interested in seeing this. Interesting post/thought ‘accidental.’ I will have to look at mine when I have time. I don’t believe there’s that much adjustment room in of scoop assembly.

#793 5 years ago

Post back results if you think of it. As I wrote replacing the Cliffy Protecter was the fix for me anyway. Not sure of how many games played each time between changes. I do want to get under the hood on mine and take a look. Thanks for update.

#795 4 years ago

Good tip. Had checked that when 1st started w/problem and welds on mine were good.

1 year later
#864 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

Does anyone have a long term hack for the shooter lane switch in this game. Every few months I end up having to spend a ridiculous amount of time to tweak the shooter lane switch to fix the "hyperactive switch" issue and all the problems that go along with that.
I love this game to death, but this issue just makes me want to throw this game out the window (after bringing over a few friends to get it out of the basement first)....

I’ve had that error before. I adjusted the shooter lane switch and all was fine. I did get a new switch to have on hand, but never had the error again after the switch adjustment.

3 months later
#905 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I was lucky enough to join the RBION club this past weekend, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
I love my Monopoly pin, so figured Ripley's would be a safe bet. It has the same feel, but a very different layout, art style and sound package, so they compliment each other well in the collection.
I did have to tweak the lower outkick hole, as it was sending a lot of balls sdtm. But with some minor tweaking it really seems to have mostly eliminated the sdtm shots, at least for now. The right outlane can be rough at times, but overall the game feels tough but fair. I'm starting to dial in my shots, and look foward to working my way to seeing Atlantis.

Congratulations and enjoy!
Do you happen to have a ‘Cliffy’ on the scoop?

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I do! I had read in this thread how that may be a contributing factor to the sdtm issue. I may still order a new one, but right now most packages take quite a while to arrive to me, especially if coming from the US. So I first wanted to try a few possible solutions that I could try now, and then if those don't solve it, then move forward with a new cliffy. I may still order one anyway as I could use a few cliffys for a few of my other pins too.
Right now all I've done is add a bit of thin rubber foam to the scoop part that sticks above the playfield, and very very slightly adjusted the same part to curve down to the right a bit. I want to emphasize just how little I adjusted it though, its barely visibly noticeable. But between the two, I haven't had any sdtm issues since (only have about 10 test games in though).

Glad you haven’t had any issues with your fix.
Here’s what I have found and posted years back. To start, Cliffy does not only have great products but is one heckuva guy.
I had the Cliffy protector on my Ripleys. Lots of plays later I started getting the SDTM syndrome. Looked at all aspects that I could think of as to why it was happening but no real solution. Moved the scoop the minimal amount that is allotted with what is there, bent the ‘hood’ a little better for a bit.
Finally took the Cliffy Protector off and all was good. Spoke to Cliffy and we really couldn’t determine and answer so I purchased a couple more. Put the new one on and all was good! It seems as the protector does its job it gets slightly bent/warped/dented etc. and somehow causes the SDTM syndrome. That’s what I had found and that’s my story. Enjoy the game!

1 month later
1 month later
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Can someone help me?..
My slings aren't working..
They give points but dont fire..
I checked fuses, I checked underneath to make sure nothing is disconnected regarding wires etc..
I'm not to tech savvy... am I missing something?.
I sincerely appreciate any advice

Check the plunger link for the kicker arm underneath the playfield to see if it broke.

2 weeks later
#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I got a machine in a few weeks ago and it had a bunch of "Tech" alerts at powerup. This was odd since everything seemed to be working, and when I looked into the individual items, each of them were fine. Then I noticed that the game was running 3.00! A little research and found that the latest code was 3.20 and one of the major fixes in the release notes was Alert monitoring was fixed... Seemed like a match made in heaven. Matt Morin Basement Arcade sent me a set of chips and I installed in less than 5 minutes. Rebooted, clean bill of health!!!!
The only issue I see now is the behaviour of the shrunken head magnet seems to have changed. It now feels weaker. Using 3.00 code, it used to throw the ball upward everytime. In the new 3.20 I see it basically just lets go of the ball. Anyone know which beviour is correct or is this adjustable? (I didn't find a setting for it)

Check out this thread I had posted in. See if if any help. You can roll ball over magnet 10-15 times to help sort of re-set it. Kind of like what LesManly wrote.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-shrunken-head-magnet-core-gets-hot

3 months later
#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Hey guys, away from the game but need to solve an issue.
Will someone snap a shot of the area behind the vari target for me? Have an issue where something wasn't put back together correctly as the ball likes to find its way into the target area from behind and getting stuck. Appreciate it.

Anything possibly to do with this tech bulletin?
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb149.pdf

8 months later
#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Took me like 2 years to get to Atlantis,
Never gotten Frog Frenzy; it ain't easy.

Same here! Got to Atlantis once. Frog Frenzy still alludes me as does Atlantis for a 2nd time.

7 months later
#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from Dozen:

Getting a little ball search action in the middle of the game, I’ve read quite abit about that but no real precise answer to why, my main question tonight is After the game ends on Rbion and you have two balls in the lock should they clear? Mine will clear them when I turn on the machine if some are in the lock but they will stay in between games? Is there a setting? Seemed like my Simpsons pinball party would keep them on the couch and we were able to switch it to clear after each game. Thanks for any input

On my Ripleys if there are balls in the lock awaiting multi ball and game ends, after a minute or so it kicks them out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cash_riprock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=cash_riprock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.