(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadevideo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2 versions, as you need 2 physical chips; display & CPU.
3.20 is the latest but I think 3.01 is latest display

I haven't been able to locate a 3.01 version of the display - just 3.00. Can anyone confirm 3.01 can be purchased somewhere?

1 month later
#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Is there anyone in the US that sells a similar type of speaker artwork for Ripley's as this?
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/ripleys-believe-it-or-not-dmdskins-speaker-panel-overlay/
It looks great, but the shipping is cost prohibitive from the UK.

I'm considering making a similar speaker panel decal for RBION. Cost would likely be $60USD, including shipping to anywhere in North America. Is anyone else interested?

6 months later
#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, what TheLaw said, and other optics on the machine are known to be flaky as well. They're cheap and pretty easy to replace.

I have experienced a similar issue, with my idol opto getting triggered when the left flipper fires. In my case, it's a loose wire connection at the opto board.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I'm considering making a similar speaker panel decal for RBION. Cost would likely be $60USD, including shipping to anywhere in North America. Is anyone else interested?

A follow-up on the speaker decal idea. I've designed this one, along with some stickers to put on the the tombstone targets. Send me a DM to let me know you're interested in these and I'll get some printed up!

RBION Speaker Decal Comp (resized).jpgRBION Speaker Decal Comp (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It looks amazing! Nice work!!!!!!! I wish I still had my Ripley's machine just so I could buy it in a heartbeat!!!!! Ripley's was a really great machine, but ran out of space.

Thanks! This is a favourite game for me - I'll consider myself lucky to have another machine good enough to replace it in my collection.

1 month later
#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

A follow-up on the speaker decal idea. I've designed this one, along with some stickers to put on the the tombstone targets. Send me a DM to let me know you're interested in these and I'll get some printed up!
[quoted image]

At last, the RBION speaker panel decal is ready for order. I'm throwing in two sets of Tombstone target stickers too! You can place orders here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1266-pinball-nerd-decals-/06631-ripley-s-believe-it-or-not-speaker-panel-amp-tombstone-decals

Shipping begins March 30.

RBION Speaker panel (resized).jpgRBION Speaker panel (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

At last, the RBION speaker panel decal is ready for order. I'm throwing in two sets of Tombstone target stickers too! You can place orders here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1266-pinball-nerd-decals-/06631-ripley-s-believe-it-or-not-speaker-panel-amp-tombstone-decals
Shipping begins March 30.[quoted image]

Shipping is starting today! Note that there was a mistake in the Pinside store, which overcharged for shipping. The price you see in the store now includes shipping - there will be no additional fee added upon checkout.

1 month later
#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

The speaker vinyl from ArcadeVideo arrived quickly after ordering. Just got it installed tonight. It’s printed on a high quality vinyl, which I was able to remove and reinstall a few times to get it lined up best without issue. Highly recommended. Gives the machine a refreshed look.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the positive review! Looks like you did a great job installing it. I still have 20 decals in stock, and I probably won't do another run of these. So if anyone wants one, now's the time to order!

3 months later
2 weeks later
#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from Dozen:

Really Enjoying my Rbion, got it a few weeks ago. New rubbers, Led ,color dmd ,pinstickers ,tv mod, new rule cards,shooter rod, already had lit buttons and speaker grills , I added the globes, fun game, had some friends over the other night and it was definitely the bell of the ball
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! All that's missing is the speaker panel decal.

Does anyone know where to get that Idol sculpture from?

3 months later
#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevv:

I wanted to improve the jungle/adventurous feel of my Ripley's. Here are the mods I custom made for it. An assortment of palm trees, bushes and grass stuck to polycarbonate pieces that fit over existing plastics. Also added a penguin to the penguin loop and a white alligator (as mentioned in one of the bizar facts) to the left ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I made this jungle themed decal for the speaker panel to extend the theme as well. I have some more, which you can get here:

1 month later
#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Any Tips for dialing in the eject for the scoop?
Ive tried to bend the arch but still get straight down the middle 80% of the time

I tried to bend the arch too, but it also didn't work for me. I wound up loosening the screws holding the whole scoop assembly to the bottom of the playfield, turning the assembly towards the left flipper a little, then tightening up the screws again. I now get perfect kick-outs to the left flipper every time. It was a while ago, but I don't think I needed to create a new screw hole - there was enough play with the existing holes. You may need to create new holes a few millimetres away from the existing ones if you don't have enough wiggle room on your machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 45.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadevideo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=arcadevideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.