(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaBeast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#293 6 years ago

Hey guys - I'm having my Ripley's delivered this week and am geeking out a little bit, having been a fan of the game for years. The pinball arcade has a great set of rules, but it's tough in the middle of a game to remember what the goals of each continent are, how to trigger a super jackpot, etc. I borrowed from the instructions in that game pretty liberally and made my own physical copy. My amazing wife laminated them and we're going to have them next to the machine for us and our guests to check out if they're interested. Here are some shots of the first two pages (7 or 8 in total). If anyone would like a copy of the .pdf PM me your email address and I'll send them your way. Glad to be part of the RBION club.

Ripley's Page 1 (resized).pngRipley's Page 1 (resized).png

Ripley's Page 1 (resized).jpgRipley's Page 1 (resized).jpg

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is there any way to increase the timers (like hit another shot) in the continents? I always run out of time so I've never gotten them all completed.

Once you start a continent, getting a shot into the scoop will add more time in certain modes.

2 weeks later
#299 6 years ago

My wife just made a topper for our RBION and I thought it was too cool not to share!

IMG_2074 (resized).JPGIMG_2074 (resized).JPG

IMG_2082 (resized).JPGIMG_2082 (resized).JPG

IMG_2080 (resized).JPGIMG_2080 (resized).JPG

#301 6 years ago

Haha - you're right it's a whole lot of topper, but fits perfectly. The idol is a bobble head that shakes as you play.

#302 6 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on being consistent with the skill shot? I've been trying to get a system down by trying different things like pulling the plunger back to different dash markings, using more of less "snap" in my release, etc. Nothing has been super consistent though. Advice?

#305 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys - both sound like good options. I'll try them out. If I find a fairly consistent technique I'll report back.

1 week later
#306 6 years ago

Ok I know I'm blowing up this thread with questions - but here's another:

Has anyone installed Pinstadium lights in their RBION? If so how do they look, and how technically difficult was it to install? I have LED's installed but there are still some darker areas of the playfield that I think could show better with more light.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That could be your problem...LEDs for me don't work well in this game.

Interesting - I'll have to check out a game without LED's and see the difference.

1 month later
#363 6 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This will continue indefinitely you cannot get it to stop that I can tell. The only way to end it is to turn the game off or tilt.

This has happened to me as well, just as described. I'll be curious to see if anyone knows of a fix. Game plays perfectly otherwise.

1 week later
#368 6 years ago

Anyway, long story short, it just needed repositioning

Scribbles this is awesome, thanks for doing the investigative work to figure it out. Can you tell me what this looks like and how you repositioned it to fix it?

#370 6 years ago

This board is right up front, right hand side. Mine needed to rotate slightly counterclockwise.

Excellent - I'll take a look. Thanks again

#371 6 years ago

I just got my pinstadium lights installed (with a little... ok a LOT of help from Scott at Pinstadium) on my RBION. Yes it's a bright game to begin with, but these things really show off the playfield and look awesome! IMG_2740 (resized).JPGIMG_2740 (resized).JPG IMG_2739 (resized).JPGIMG_2739 (resized).JPGIMG_2734 (resized).JPGIMG_2734 (resized).JPG IMG_2738 (resized).JPGIMG_2738 (resized).JPGIMG_2736 (resized).JPGIMG_2736 (resized).JPGIMG_2737 (resized).JPGIMG_2737 (resized).JPG

#374 6 years ago

Good luck Scribbles! This has only happened to me twice, and I had to tilt out of it both times. From what I've read on Pinside the optic boards can go south on these games somewhat commonly. Reflowing the solder has helped others though - sorry that didn't fix the issue man! Keep me posted. I'm sure that I'll have to addresss this myself eventually.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Anything you want to tell us aboot some missing GI in that photo?

Hah conspiracy theorists abound! Yes I was indeed told by someone else that two of my GI lights were out in the pinstadium thread. This was news to me (as mentioned I'm new to pin ownership). Outside of the middle of the playfield seeming slightly darker than the rest I never saw any bulbs that seemed faulty. This is probably part of the reason why I pulled the trigger on Pinstadiums in the first place.

I'm still at work so I haven't done a full eval yet, but apparently one light is under a ramp, and one is under the idol. Anyone who can help me trouble shoot a fix - I would appreciate it. I'm going to check the fuses with a multimeter mañana.

2 weeks later
#403 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

So I guess here's hoping I can join this club some time.

You won't regret picking it up - it's a fantastic game. I've had it for a number of months now and still play it every day.

1 week later
#433 6 years ago

That's all it took for me. Seeing those graphics in all their glory

I have one - you won't regret picking it up. Makes the graphics pop and really enhances the game in my opinion.

1 month later
#465 6 years ago

So recently every time I start my machine there is no music / sound until I plunge my first ball. As soon as a target is hit or a switch is triggered the music instantly kicks in. Has anyone ever had this occur and is there a fix? Not really a big deal because everything else is working and once the music starts it's business as usual.

#466 6 years ago

I think I figured out the answer to my own question. If I wait for the game to fully boot before I hit start it seems to fix it. Guess I'm too impatient!

2 months later
#519 5 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions on how to modify things if a fully plunged ball is not going to the lower left orbit? My machine was initially doing that, but now it consistently hits the post just above the loop. I'm not sure what's changed but was considering making some adjustments to try and teoubleshoot. I wanted to run it by you guys first.

Thanks for any input!

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I just had to fix this myself. There are nuts underneath the playfield that attach to posts from the top ends of the two bottom-right lanes (shooter and ball lock). They are easily identifiable by the fact that they've both got slots. Simply loosen the nut, push it along the slot in the direction that you want to make the adjustment, and tighten it again. Trial and error until you get the trajectory you want.

This is extremely helpful - thanks for taking the time to help a guy out!

4 months later
#667 5 years ago

Hey guys quick question - my scoop has started ejecting balls into the wireform that feeds the left inlane from the right ramp. What would be the best way to tweak this?

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

The scoop has probably broken it's welds. Pretty common issue on this game. Take it out and get it welded back into place. You can also bend the top curve of the scoop to adjust it's trajectory as a stopgap measure, but it's not going to solve your problem long term.

Thank you sir - I'll take a look and see if I can make out a break in the scoop. Pardon my noobness on this but where exactly are the welds?

#672 5 years ago

The scoop can be removed rather easily from below the playfield. Once its removed, you will see the welds. They're obvious. Mine were broken also. Make sure whoever welds it is pretty precise and used stainless material. EDIT: You cant see the welds good enough while the scoop is mounted. Just remove it.

Awesome - I'll check it out. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaBeast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre?tu=BubbaBeast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.