(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 31.
#301 6 years ago

Haha - you're right it's a whole lot of topper, but fits perfectly. The idol is a bobble head that shakes as you play.

#302 6 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on being consistent with the skill shot? I've been trying to get a system down by trying different things like pulling the plunger back to different dash markings, using more of less "snap" in my release, etc. Nothing has been super consistent though. Advice?

#303 6 years ago

The most consistent way for me is to use the 3.5 line with the tip of the shooter and to hold for a second then release without snap. May be different release point for your RBION depending on the the strength/age of your shooter spring.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Does anyone have any tips on being consistent with the skill shot? I've been trying to get a system down by trying different things like pulling the plunger back to different dash markings, using more of less "snap" in my release, etc. Nothing has been super consistent though. Advice?

Yes, it's hard to explain though. I was shown in person by another Rbion owner, and it works once you adjust. I place my thumb against the lockdown bar, and push back on the plunger with my "bird" finger. Let the plunger snap off your finger once proper tension is reached. It's far more precise and consistent. I can hit the skill shot about every 3rd shot

#305 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys - both sound like good options. I'll try them out. If I find a fairly consistent technique I'll report back.

1 week later
#306 6 years ago

Ok I know I'm blowing up this thread with questions - but here's another:

Has anyone installed Pinstadium lights in their RBION? If so how do they look, and how technically difficult was it to install? I have LED's installed but there are still some darker areas of the playfield that I think could show better with more light.

#307 6 years ago

I play with the lights on as I like to see what/who I am doing!

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Has anyone installed Pinstadium lights in their RBION?

nope I can see mine just fine

Quoted from BubbaBeast:

I have LED's installed but there are still some darker areas of the playfield that I think could show better with more light.

That could be your problem...LEDs for me don't work well in this game.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Interesting - I'll have to check out a game without LED's and see the difference.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

nope I can see mine just fine

LEDs are awesome in this game!

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LEDs are awesome in this game!

Right perhaps "don't work well" was a bit harsh. If you get the ones that don't flicker they're fine but as I've said before i tried them in mine and saw no diff'rence really...only game I've felt like that with.

#312 6 years ago

Howdy, long time owner of pins, bought fixed played sold. Major move and had to sell everything. Whitewater? Why oh why did I sell that? Anyway, at the beginning of this year I had an inside track to RBION. I offered 3k as it was HUO. First pin I didn't have to majorly fix. Picked up the game transporting it from Ct to Vt after work. No key. Unplugged (owners didn't know there was a switch). Kid runs down the stairs and wants the money inside. No can do. My gain of $4.25 after drilling. In Vt I plugged it in and it was acting odd as Idol was constantly talking and shrunken was constantly commenting on the endless chatter. Mind you I have never played this table. Low output LED now fixed. But, the coils were looking for missing ball. I was befuddled. Then I notice a ball caught between 2 plastic posts that were designed to keep balls off the upper plastics. Well by chance the 2 posts captured the ball. How long was this owner playing with only 3 balls? A challenging game to say the least. I have psychologically given up on Froggy Frenzy as it seems impossible. After realizing that the ball upon release "should" go to the upper lanes I saw that the ball guide is movable via a slot in the playfield. Problem was it hit a stand up post before it could reach max. I took the guide out and took a dremel tool it and achieved the right alignment.

#313 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Playfield in good shape. It could use a new Cliffy for the scoop. Cabinet has some paint wear near the flippers. ColorDMD LCD installed. Color change speaker lights installed. I'...”
2017-11-22
Owensville, IN
Archived after: 107 days
Viewed: 308 times

1 week later
#314 6 years ago

guys - about to join the club an plan on reading up on rules in advance but is it true that the only way to hit ramps in this game is with the left flipper or can you hit them with the right?

#315 6 years ago

No that's not true and I've never heard anyone say that. Essential hitting the right ramp with right flipper. Left ramp with right flipper is much tougher... Just post pass if you need to.
Heck right orbit with right flipper is important too.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No that's not true and I've never heard anyone say that. Essential hitting the right ramp with right flipper. Left ramp with right flipper is much tougher... Just post pass if you need to.

What he said It's definitely easier to hit the ramps with the left flipper, but with some practice, you can use the right also.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OK thanks. Is it possible to hit that left ramp with right flipper?

Good to know - reading this entire thread btw.

#318 6 years ago

Left ramp with right flipper rarely happens for me. Almost always just an accident.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK thanks. Is it possible to hit that left ramp with right flipper?

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Left ramp with right flipper rarely happens for me. Almost always just an accident.

It's 'possible' but not a trustworthy shot. Like I said easier to post pass and shoot with left. It can be done, but certain(t)ly not on the fly to crossover ramp shots.

#320 6 years ago

Can someone please post a photo of their shrunken head opto board. Just want to check the connections against mine.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Can someone please post a photo of their shrunken head opto board. Just want to check the connections against mine.

This one?

20171130_212146 (resized).jpg20171130_212146 (resized).jpg

#322 6 years ago

any cool replacement shrunken heads people have/use?

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

any cool replacement shrunken heads people have/use?

Are you missing a Shrunkin Head?

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you missing a Shrunkin Head?

No mine is perfect just didn't know if they had alternative looks?

Does this game accept a shaker motor?

1 week later
#325 6 years ago

Hi, can anyone post picture of the bumper area, from top, i feel like one rubber is not acting well, maybe because of a moved post.
When coming back from the top of the playfield, ball goes on the left, near tombstones and the dog, instead of going to the right and allow me to use top-right flipper

Thanks

#326 6 years ago

It almost never goes to the right flipper.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It almost never goes to the right flipper.

really, played on pinball arcade and it nearly goes all time to the right ^^ was wondering if it's the default behaviour or not..

#328 6 years ago

Mine goes to the right maybe 1 out of 7 times. The rubbers and posts definitely slope to the left.

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

really, played on pinball arcade and it nearly goes all time to the right ^^ was wondering if it's the default behaviour or not..

Yeah that area is the only real "flaw" of the layout.

#330 6 years ago

P1050827 (resized).JPGP1050827 (resized).JPG

Real vs. Fake Physics. You csn see there's almost no way for it to come out the right

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Real vs. Fake Physics. You csn see there's almost no way for it to come out the right

Thanks a lot to all !!

#332 6 years ago

Also, with that extra rubber to the right, it cuts down on the amount of play between the pops. The action in the upper pops is always a bit underwhelming.

But like TheLaw said, it's the only real flaw of the layout. Such a clever design.

#333 6 years ago

While we're talking about the top right area, can someone explain the rules/rewards with this part of the machine? I've owned the game about a year now, and can't figure out any correlation between this display, and rewards.

20171212_203446 (resized).jpg20171212_203446 (resized).jpg

#334 6 years ago

Those explain what is going to happen when you shoot the scoop, Aka "kick up." Confusing totally since it's closer to the continent vuk/kick up and not related, and labeled ABC and has nothing to do with the temple.

Anywhom, you don't change it, it changes telling you what is next. When the scoop is lit "event" is lit back there. If the Idol is off it moves
"To wake up idol" for your next shot etc.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Those explain what is going to happen when you shoot the scoop, Aka "kick up." Confusing totally since it's closer to the continent vuk/kick up and not related, and labeled ABC and has nothing to do with the temple.
Anywhom, you don't change it, it changes telling you what is next. When the scoop is lit "event" is lit back there. If the Idol is off it moves

Ahhh!! I see, it's the scoop, not the Vuk! Man, that is confusing given it's location. Totally makes sense now. Thanks!

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thank you!! I've struggled trying to figure that out as well.

#337 6 years ago

Just picked this bad boy up.

20171213_165243 (resized).jpg20171213_165243 (resized).jpg

20171213_173858 (resized).jpg20171213_173858 (resized).jpg

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Sweet!! It's a fun and challenging game. I've realized there's modes and graphics I'll never get to see

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Welcome to the club. Now rip all the horrible goddamn purple shit out of there so you can see it

#340 6 years ago

Anyone to recommend a cheap eeprom flasher to get french voices ?

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Welcome to the club. Now rip all the horrible goddamn purple shit out of there so you can see it

To be fair, I bet it doesn’t look purple in person...if it does, then YES RIP THAT SHIT OUT!

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Tone fair, I bet it doesn’t look purple in person...if it does, then YES RIP THAT SHIT OUT!

Too bright I can't tell if it has the correct red & amber back bulbs or not.

#343 6 years ago

I am in the club Almost restored my playfield with new clearcoat and now working on cabinet decals. Who have bad decals on cabinet and wanna refresh it. let me know!
 ?????? 2017-12-15 ? 15.14.05 (resized).png ?????? 2017-12-15 ? 15.14.05 (resized).png

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

I am in the club Almost restored my playfield with new clearcoat and now working on cabinet decals. Who have bad decals on cabinet and wanna refresh it. let me know!

are you doing decals printing ? a full set might interest me

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

are you doing decals printing ? a full set might interest me

yep full set will be available when i finished this

#346 6 years ago

great, i'd be interested for a full set. ping me when done

#347 6 years ago

How do you reset the Grand Champions score? I've manually changed the GC score in the adjustments and reset HSTD. I've installed home version so it sets it at 5mil and reset HSTD and nothing happens.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How do you reset the Grand Champions score? I've manually changed the GC score in the adjustments and reset HSTD. I've installed home version so it sets it at 5mil and reset HSTD and nothing happens.

I tried also with no success. I just eventually beat the damn score Maybe someone here with more experience can help you out. Good luck!

1 week later
#349 6 years ago

Hey RBIONers! Brand new owner of a very minty example! Love this game so much I sold another Lawlor masterpiece, Whirlwind, to make room! 2 questions for the group:

1. This may be an issue that of fine tuning the side to side level, but I'm finding in the temple the ball almost always falls in A or C, maybe 1 time out of 25 it will go thru the middle lane. Anyone else experience this?

2. The right outlane is so brutal in this game I've read where people have modified it. Thoughts?

Thanks!

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

1. This may be an issue that of fine tuning the side to side level, but I'm finding in the temple the ball almost always falls in A or C, maybe 1 time out of 25 it will go thru the middle lane. Anyone else experience this?
2. The right outlane is so brutal in this game I've read where people have modified it. Thoughts?
Thanks!

Welcome to the club
Check if the temple is level. You're really only doing B or C as A occurs every time the temple is not lit. You may want to take a look at where the temple attaches to the hex standoffs and make sure everything is kosher. Loosening it on the right side may give you more play towards the B lane.
Uff "modding the outlane" sounds pretty sinister...just move the outlane posts up a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre/page/7?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.