(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

Yeah, you defenetely should check the welds on the scoop seems to be a very common issue. Another thing to check is with the scoop is see if it is centered in the hole. On mine they mounted the scoop assembly so far to the left that sometimes the ejected ball would hit the left side of the hole an then get deflected sdtm. I had to elongate the holes in the scoop assembly to shift it over to the right to center it, I have never had a sdtm from the scoop since.

I noticed that on mine it is fairly to the left as well. I wasn't sure if anyone else had repositioned it, but I'm glad to hear that you have, and that it worked well for you. So you didn't adjust the screw placement in the wood, but more so elongated the screw holes in the metal tabs on the scoop? Mine seems to be ejecting nicely, but this may be my next step if it starts going sdtm again. Thanks for sharing.
Oh and I did check the welds, and all still look solid.

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

So you didn't adjust the screw placement in the wood, but more so elongated the screw holes in the metal tabs on the scoop?

That is correct, I wouldn't want to have two screw holes so close together for fear of it tearing out. At the time, where I worked I had free access to a machine shop so i just milled out slots so I could properly centrer the assembly, you could accomplish the same thing at home with a Dremel or a small rat tail file if need be.

Another thing to possibly look at is the shrunken head magnet core, mine was horribly mushroomed when I got the machine. If you don't have a grinding wheel I think you can just buy a new one for less than $10us, save you some possible playfield damage.

It is a fantastic game that would be worth a lot more if it weren't for the theme, I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

It is a fantastic game that would be worth a lot more if it weren't for the theme, I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

I've read quite a few times that the theme is what really seems to hold this game back from getting more love. And that's a shame.
Personally I really enjoy the theme. I used to read the Ripley's books growing up, and watched the tv show too.
When I brought this pin home, I dug out one of my old Ripley's believe it or not books and gave it to my son (who's 8 years old) to read, as he was curious what the pinball machine was based on. He's been enjoying both the pin and the book so far.
Actually he was one of the main reasons I wanted to adjust the sdtm shots asap. I didn't want him to get frustrated with it, and then not enjoy the pin. I am finding with it fixed now (knock on wood) both him and I are enjoying it a fair bit together.

#904 3 years ago

...The right outlane can be rough at times, but overall the game feels tough but fair. I'm starting to dial in my shots, and look foward to working my way to seeing Atlantis.

The game is all outlanes as the fliers seem close together. Try racing to Atlantis and getting all SJs plus 1; which is Frog Frenzy and really really hard.

#905 3 years ago

I was lucky enough to join the RBION club this past weekend, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
I love my Monopoly pin, so figured Ripley's would be a safe bet. It has the same feel, but a very different layout, art style and sound package, so they compliment each other well in the collection.
I did have to tweak the lower outkick hole, as it was sending a lot of balls sdtm. But with some minor tweaking it really seems to have mostly eliminated the sdtm shots, at least for now. The right outlane can be rough at times, but overall the game feels tough but fair. I'm starting to dial in my shots, and look foward to working my way to seeing Atlantis.

Congratulations and enjoy!
Do you happen to have a ‘Cliffy’ on the scoop?

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Congratulations and enjoy!
Do you happen to have a ‘Cliffy’ on the scoop?

I do! I had read in this thread how that may be a contributing factor to the sdtm issue. I may still order a new one, but right now most packages take quite a while to arrive to me, especially if coming from the US. So I first wanted to try a few possible solutions that I could try now, and then if those don't solve it, then move forward with a new cliffy. I may still order one anyway as I could use a few cliffys for a few of my other pins too.
Right now all I've done is add a bit of thin rubber foam to the scoop part that sticks above the playfield, and very very slightly adjusted the same part to curve down to the right a bit. I want to emphasize just how little I adjusted it though, its barely visibly noticeable. But between the two, I haven't had any sdtm issues since (only have about 10 test games in though).

#907 3 years ago

Dear fellow RBION owners

I got mine a couple of months ago and just finished shopping it - after have been playing it for a while.

When I try to turn it on it simply won’t boot. Symptoms are that the screen is not turning on and the relay + L204 on the power driver board is clicking (see picture) and with it the GI and all lamps too.

When I seek info it seems to be a well known issue.

I measured 5.03 on both power driver boards. I checked fuses and flat cable as well.

I am better at mechanics than electronics and also I am way more experienced with Bally/Williams. So now I am stuck.

Any suggestions where to go from here?

I saw advice that other boards may drag voltage down but I am not sure exactly what to disconnect.

Thanks in advance- Thomas

9769DC0D-7BBB-47FE-91A6-520FC3C7FE99 (resized).jpeg9769DC0D-7BBB-47FE-91A6-520FC3C7FE99 (resized).jpeg
#908 3 years ago

I do! I had read in this thread how that may be a contributing factor to the sdtm issue. I may still order a new one, but right now most packages take quite a while to arrive to me, especially if coming from the US. So I first wanted to try a few possible solutions that I could try now, and then if those don't solve it, then move forward with a new cliffy. I may still order one anyway as I could use a few cliffys for a few of my other pins too.
Right now all I've done is add a bit of thin rubber foam to the scoop part that sticks above the playfield, and very very slightly adjusted the same part to curve down to the right a bit. I want to emphasize just how little I adjusted it though, its barely visibly noticeable. But between the two, I haven't had any sdtm issues since (only have about 10 test games in though).

Glad you haven’t had any issues with your fix.
Here’s what I have found and posted years back. To start, Cliffy does not only have great products but is one heckuva guy.
I had the Cliffy protector on my Ripleys. Lots of plays later I started getting the SDTM syndrome. Looked at all aspects that I could think of as to why it was happening but no real solution. Moved the scoop the minimal amount that is allotted with what is there, bent the ‘hood’ a little better for a bit.
Finally took the Cliffy Protector off and all was good. Spoke to Cliffy and we really couldn’t determine and answer so I purchased a couple more. Put the new one on and all was good! It seems as the protector does its job it gets slightly bent/warped/dented etc. and somehow causes the SDTM syndrome. That’s what I had found and that’s my story. Enjoy the game!

#909 3 years ago

Hi owners! I bought a hacked up RbION. Very excited! A connector (J1) on the aux board has been clipped. Can someone take a peek and provide me a pin out if possible?

E69A8636-DE8F-48DB-B9E0-0BCB01FCC92D (resized).jpegE69A8636-DE8F-48DB-B9E0-0BCB01FCC92D (resized).jpeg

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Hi owners! I bought a hacked up RbION. Very excited! A connector (J1) on the aux board has been clipped. Can someone take a peek and provide me a pin out if possible?

That board is for the TOPS tournament system and the game will function perfectly fine without it.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/4917/Stern_2004_Ripley_s_Believe_It_or_Not_English_Manual.pdf
Pin out is on page 154 (171 of the document).

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

That board is for the TOPS tournament system and the game will function perfectly fine without it.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4917/Stern_2004_Ripley_s_Believe_It_or_Not_English_Manual.pdf

Thanks so much!!!

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

Well, how about that! Lol

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Thanks so much!!!

I'm glad that I could help. I just wish I could help myself with my game...

#914 3 years ago

Hey, I'm cleaning up a new to me RBION and the post set up where the two wire ramps meet near the scoop is wonky on this game, it doesn't have the right parts. It's not clear to me from the manual what are the right parts there, can anyone help? This is what I have, the hex is painted black and doesn't screw into the post.

I think it should be:
-a round post with a red sleeve and 6 32 screw top (can't seem to find the part number)
-and then maybe a 1 5/8" hex (#6-32 Thread, Male/Female)
and then some sort of spacers and washers so the lower ramp connects in the middle with the longer ramp connecting on top. But I'm guessing here, would love to see a photo or actual parts numbers.

Thanks!
IMG_20201110_135022 (resized).jpgIMG_20201110_135022 (resized).jpg

#915 3 years ago

I believe the post is PN 530-5007-00. You can find the part numbers on pages 69-70 of the manual.
I am not sure if mine if put together per the manual but hopefully this will help.

IMG_20201110_181546836 (resized).jpgIMG_20201110_181546836 (resized).jpg
#916 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

-Ball 1 and 2 Idol will be lit at the beginning of play, it will not trigger until opto is broken and will score 1 idol hit as it should.
-Ball 3 idol will light for less than a second after ball served into shooter lane you will hear the idol audio and the opto will turn off, this is not counted as an idol hit.
-During the entire game a shot into the lower bumpers or the scoop will only light the idol for 1-2 seconds before you hear the Idol audio and the opto truns off, this also will not score an idol hit.
-During muliball the idol will be on an score hits correctly.
-The only time when I am getting extra idol hits scored is during the bonus countdown; it will add a idol hit and then score one more than the number of hits. (ie. upon draining you have 5 idol hits, when the bonus countdown starts it will always add one extra and you will hear the idol noise, the display will then tell you that you had 7 idol hits even though it only added one, beginning of the next ball it will display that you have had 6 idol hits.)
This is 100% repeatable, I have never seen the game award a extra idol hit when the transmit opto is on and waiting for a ball to break the beam (ie. beginning of ball 1 and 2, as well as during muliball). The only time I get random "hits" is when the transmit opto is off and should not even be expecting hits.

Just as a fun update, new ROM and using a different CPU/Sound board there is absolutely no change. Everything from the optos on up are new, except for the wire and even then I replaced the connectors. The idol hits +1 during the bonus countdown is what puzzles me the most.

I think I am going to have to find a good local tech to come out and look at this because I am completely out of ideas at this point.

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

I believe the post is PN 530-5007-00. You can find the part numbers on pages 69-70 of the manual.
I am not sure if mine if put together per the manual but hopefully this will help.

Thanks so much for this! I was able to order the parts from Pinball Life with some other stuff for the game and hopefully will get it squared away next week. I'll probably have some more questions as I dig into a few minor problems and get into the gameplay. This game was filthy, we did a container purchase and it definitely saw lots of playtime and probably was sitting in a warehouse for a few years, but has cleaned up nicely.

ripleys (resized).jpgripleys (resized).jpg
1 month later
#918 3 years ago

Hi guys,
I joined the club recently and I am already facing an issue

My F7 fuse blows at start up:
I checked both coils from the slingshots, they look fine with value at 3.8 Ohms. Up Post coil is at 10.6,
What else should I look at?

many thanks in advance for the help!

#920 3 years ago

Thanks, but I had seen it already (did a search before asking) and no topic was of any help

#921 3 years ago

I just became a proud owner of an RBION (a few days ago)! I have some questions (obviously) that I haven't found answers to. My questions may apply to many machines from this era, but maybe someone here knows?

1. Shooter lane protector: I have the plastic ones from my for my other pins and I like them (link below). I'm just not sure which one/size is compatible with the RBION lane measurements. The description doesn't give specs per game and of course RBION isn't in the list. Anyone know which game in this list has a lane with the same specs as RBION? https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

2. Mine has a ColorDMD installed. It's all up to date firmware-wise. During one gameplay it froze on a bonus screen. It didn't affect the gameplay but never continued to the next screens. Powering the machine off/back on got the display back to normal. Hopefully it's just a one-off but I found it concerning that it happened within the first 20 plays or so. Any thoughts from those with one on their RBION? Ever seen this issue?

3. Audible hum when holding the flippers (left or right): I found some posts about this and a lot of it came down to "that's just a 2004-2005 Stern thing." My 2005 Sopranos does not exhibit this behavior though. Has anyone here found a solution for their RBION specifically?

Thanks every-Mon!

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

3. Audible hum when holding the flippers (left or right): I found some posts about this and a lot of it came down to "that's just a 2004-2005 Stern thing." My 2005 Sopranos does not exhibit this behavior though. Has anyone here found a solution for their RBION specifically?
Thanks every-Mon!

My right flipper does this as well. I haven’t have time to fix it but what I can gather it is caused by the pulsating hold current that causes the plunger to vibrate against the coil stop. Rebuilding the flipper should fix it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-makes-buzzing-sound-when-i-hold-it#post-653622

#923 3 years ago

Hello,

Every bulb I put into my shrunken head light socket gets hot and burns out, even with two different 12V LED's. Has anyone else had this issue or know why this is happening? I'm ready to give up on the bulb and just put an LED matrix strip in there.

Thanks

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Hello,
Every bulb I put into my shrunken head light socket gets hot and burns out, even with two different 12V LED's. Has anyone else had this issue or know why this is happening? I'm ready to give up on the bulb and just put an LED matrix strip in there.
Thanks

Well according to the manual the flasher circuit is all 20v dc, it also specifies 12v bulbs for the flashers... Go figure, it wouldn't be the first error in the manual.

In my game I replaced the all my flasher bulbs with 12v ones from Comet and have not had any issues.

If you have a multi meter check to see what voltage is actually on that circuit and check the q28 mosfet for that flasher to to see if it has craped out on you.

#925 3 years ago

That lamp only stays on for a short time ( when he talks ) is it locked on all the time ?

#926 3 years ago

Hi guys! I am fixed last version of colorization for pin2dmd.
-Fixed Scene "travel with Ripleys"
-Fixed scenes if you change replay on extra ball on scores scene
-Fixed scene "Extra ball at"
-Fixed scenes with some scenes with idols.
-Fixed scene with Match
-And some other Fixes.

Real pinball version update is available by that personal link which you received if you purchase it. Just download files again and update that files on your SD card.

2 weeks later
#927 3 years ago

I am a bit late to the game, but none-the-less looking forward to joining the club and having a RBION machine! From the pictures I see of the machine I have locked in, it is in pristine condition, flaps, playfield ramps, cabinet, etc. Should be arriving in 12-14 days or so. Has the pyramid mod, but not much else added. I suspect a ColorDMD/Pin2DMD is the first MUST HAVE in my future. (ColorDMD because it's so easy to put in, but it's expensive. Is Pin2DMD still so complicated to install?)

More to follow...

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I am a bit late to the game, but none-the-less looking forward to joining the club and having a RBION machine! From the pictures I see of the machine I have locked in, it is in pristine condition, flaps, playfield ramps, cabinet, etc. Should be arriving in 12-14 days or so. Has the pyramid mod, but not much else added. I suspect a ColorDMD/Pin2DMD is the first MUST HAVE in my future. (ColorDMD because it's so easy to put in, but it's expensive. Is Pin2DMD still so complicated to install?)
More to follow...

Welcome to the RBION club, Markharris2000 ! I just picked one up last month from a great seller in OR. You reminded me that I should add some pics and details. The one I bought has not always been HUO only but it has been well taken care of. Has a few minor dings on the outside cabinet but the playfield, mechanics and electronics are pristine. Looking forward to seeing yours!

Mods:
Temples by Basement Arcade
Bigfoot Sign by Basement Arcade
Green powder-coated wireforms
Tiki Idol Mod with LED eyes
ColorDMD
Speaker lights
Speaker acrylics
Welded Scoop
Cliffy Scoop Protector
Cliffy Ball Eject Protector
Backglass Shrunken Head LEDs
LED Strip for Backbox
All LED Bulbs including extra light strips

New Parts (all of which were only replaced as precautionary measures as I'm told):
Vari-target solenoid, head magnet, head and idol optos, display power board, all rubbers and the hole cliffy, all of the radial capacitors on the power board, as well as the display ribbon cable, keyed lock with thumb turn (functional keyed lock included).

RBION Full (resized).jpgRBION Full (resized).jpgRBION Playfield (resized).jpgRBION Playfield (resized).jpg
#929 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Welcome to the RBION club, markharris2000 ! I just picked one up last month from a great seller in OR. You reminded me that I should add some pics and details. The one I bought has not always been HUO only but it has been well taken care of. Has a few minor dings on the outside cabinet but the playfield, mechanics and electronics are pristine. Looking forward to seeing yours!
Mods:
ColorDMD
Speaker lights
Speaker acrylics
Welded Scoop
Cliffy Scoop Protector
LED Strip for Backbox
New Parts (all of which were only replaced as precautionary measures as I'm told):
Vari-target solenoid, head magnet, head and idol optos, display power board, all rubbers and the hole cliffy, all of the radial capacitors on the power board, as well as the display ribbon cable, keyed lock with thumb turn (functional keyed lock included).[quoted image][quoted image]

Too funny. Same game club again! Not much we can do with the software on this one, but the machine is quite amazing as it sits. That said, pinsound is a $350 update that lets us change the audio callouts as desired. Worth $350??? Not sure yet.

#930 3 years ago

Too funny. Same game club again! Not much we can do with the software on this one, but the machine is quite amazing as it sits. That said, pinsound is a $350 update that lets us change the audio callouts as desired. Worth $350??? Not sure yet.

"A roller skating penguin, how amazing!"

Yeah too funny my friend. I've never heard any machines with a pinsound mod. So I can't speak to the benefit for that amount of $. Also I have no desire to replace anything in my RBION (currently at least) since the callouts and such are just outright entertaining. My only audio qualm with RBION, just like with my Sopranos is the audio quality of the existing sounds. Whitestars leverage very low quality sound files. Both machines are incredibly boomy and dull sounding. The sounds are so compressed in Sopranos that distortion is inherent. Unlike RBION (since it's at my girlfriends apt, not my house), but like my JP, I have my Sopranos outputting via a PinSUB board to external powered monitors and a sub. However, when I play Sopranos I always turn the sub off. The external monitors provide a bit more clarity. What I plan to do is put a mixer/EQ in between but even that won't make up for low quality sound files. I have just chalked all of this up to the inherent "vintage" sound of these games.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Welcome to the RBION club, markharris2000 ! I just picked one up last month from a great seller in OR. You reminded me that I should add some pics and details. The one I bought has not always been HUO only but it has been well taken care of. Has a few minor dings on the outside cabinet but the playfield, mechanics and electronics are pristine. Looking forward to seeing yours!
Mods:
ColorDMD
Speaker lights
Speaker acrylics
Welded Scoop
Cliffy Scoop Protector
LED Strip for Backbox
Vari-target solenoid, head magnet, head and idol optos, display power board, all rubbers and the hole cliffy, all of the radial capacitors on the power board, as well as the display ribbon cable, keyed lock with thumb turn (functional keyed lock included).[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the apron cards from?

#932 3 years ago

I put a Pinsound Plus in my RBION a while back and after about a week, took it out and put it back to original.
The downloadable OST orchestration is mostly ok, but I found some missing audio chunk pieces and sync issues.

I would only use it if you intend changing things like the annoying baby-ish sound effects and voice calls coming from the idol, otherwise study the OST and fill in the blanks or don't bother. In the end, I lost interest in trying to re-compose the effects and voice calls in Pinsound studio.

#933 3 years ago

I added one of these bottles to my RBION for fun.

11099DA5-83E5-4D36-9FA7-F3E5A5144679 (resized).jpeg11099DA5-83E5-4D36-9FA7-F3E5A5144679 (resized).jpeg
#934 3 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Where did you get the apron cards from?

I just had Fedex print those same apron cards on thicker, waterproof stock, about $2 per page. I have the PDF files on my other PC if anyone wants them... just PM me to remind me to post them here.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

I put a Pinsound Plus in my RBION a while back and after about a week, took it out and put it back to original.
The downloadable OST orchestration is mostly ok, but I found some missing audio chunk pieces and sync issues.
I would only use it if you intend changing things like the annoying baby-ish sound effects and voice calls coming from the idol, otherwise study the OST and fill in the blanks or don't bother. In the end, I lost interest in trying to re-compose the effects and voice calls in Pinsound studio.

I was thinking the same thing... only if I was willing to take the available OST and edit/modify/insert significant new content would it be worth it. Pinsound guys have the OST on their site, which would be the starting point, but the only way $350 spend is worth it is if I have another 100 hours to edit/update the OST, by finding, and ripping and tweaking other Ripley's vintage content.

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Mods:
ColorDMD
Speaker lights
Speaker acrylics
Welded Scoop
Cliffy Scoop Protector
LED Strip for Backbox

The red flippers, green wire ramps and yellow backbox t-molding are killer. Nice machine!

#937 3 years ago

I'd pay for a nice set of apron cards. I've had my Ripleys for years and never got around to the cards. I'm terrible at computer stuff, so I'd happily pay someone.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd pay for a nice set of apron cards. I've had my Ripleys for years and never got around to the cards. I'm terrible at computer stuff, so I'd happily pay someone.

Tomorrow, let me post the PDF's and you can simply send the two files over to FEDEX locally. I will give the ordering information for their waterproof stock.

Also, MarcoSpec has the clear "ACETATE INSTRUCTION/SCORE CARD COVER 3 X 5-1/2 INCH", CC-75X140 for 99-cents each, next time you place an order

#939 3 years ago

Tomorrow, let me post the PDF's and you can simply send the two files over to FEDEX locally. I will give the ordering information for their waterproof stock.

See, I'm already lost....lol

#940 3 years ago

Here's some pics of my beloved Ripleys. Bronze vein powder coat, including the apron. Titan rubbers, color dmd, art blades, pin stadiums, LEDs. Labor of love. That stuff I can handle. Computers, not so much.

20210131_124617 (resized).jpg20210131_124617 (resized).jpg20210131_124642 (resized).jpg20210131_124642 (resized).jpg20210131_124708 (resized).jpg20210131_124708 (resized).jpg20210131_124727 (resized).jpg20210131_124727 (resized).jpg20210131_124823 (resized).jpg20210131_124823 (resized).jpg
#941 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I added one of these bottles to my RBION for fun.
[quoted image]

I had completely forgot I had one of those, once upon a time, until I saw your post.

#942 3 years ago

Such an amazing game.
Proud owner since 2004!
Great to see it getting some love here on this thread.
Terry.

#943 3 years ago

I just had Fedex print those same apron cards on thicker, waterproof stock, about $2 per page. I have the PDF files on my other PC if anyone wants them... just PM me to remind me to post them here.

Any luck getting the PDF files?

#944 3 years ago

Here are some apron cards for RBION which came from Stern, MrTantrum and PinballBoy. The printing should be done at 5-inches wide and 3.5 inches tall. In the USA, Marco has the acetate clear covering for less than a buck. FEDEXoffice can print the cards for about a dollar a page, on either thick waterproof stock or even thicker 110pound card stock.

RipleysBelieveItOrNotV1 (resized).jpgRipleysBelieveItOrNotV1 (resized).jpgStern_2004_Ripley_s_Believe_It_or_Not_Instruction_Cards_Multi_Language_.pdfStern_2004_Ripley_s_Believe_It_or_Not_Instruction_Cards_Multi_Language_.pdfripleys-01-fixed (resized).jpgripleys-01-fixed (resized).jpg

#945 3 years ago

Here are some apron cards for RBION which came from Stern, MrTantrum and PinballBoy. The printing should be done at 5-inches wide and 3.5 inches tall. In the USA, Marco has the acetate clear covering for less than a buck. FEDEXoffice can print the cards for about a dollar a page, on either thick waterproof stock or even thicker 110pound card stock.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Thanks!

#946 3 years ago

Can someone help me?..

My slings aren't working..

They give points but dont fire..

I checked fuses, I checked underneath to make sure nothing is disconnected regarding wires etc..

I'm not to tech savvy... am I missing something?.

I sincerely appreciate any advice

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Can someone help me?..
I checked fuses, I checked underneath to make sure nothing is disconnected regarding wires etc..

Well, I know this isn't major help, but... if they give points when hit, that tells me that the leaf switches are connected and working properly. If one side weren't firing, I'd say check the wires to the coil, but if both sides aren't firing, perhaps a fuse?

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Can someone help me?..

Go into test mode and head to tests/coil/ either cycle the coils or pick the specific coils and see if they fire there... coin door must be closed for coils to fire.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Go into test mode and head to tests/coil/ either cycle the coils or pick the specific coils and see if they fire there... coin door must be closed for coils to fire.

I always forget about test mode...lol. can't he pull the service mode plunger on the coin door for testing?

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

can't he pull the service mode plunger on the coin door for testing?

Sure. You can use Stern start button to activate the coils...either way
EDIT: and the flipper buttons to move thru the menus. This aint that old W/B junk!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.