(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

Hello
I would like to ask you if I can delete the factory high scores and save only my high scores.
The same thing I would like to do to the other my pinball of williams and bally

In the standard adjustments menu just set the default high scores to 0 and then reset the high scores in the reset menu.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

Hello
I would like to ask you if I can delete the factory high scores and save only my high scores.
The same thing I would like to do to the other my pinball of williams and bally

You can not totally delete the factory high scores. You CAN set the default factory high scores to be very very low. That way you just play a few games, and bingo, your scores are the new high scores

#753 5 years ago

And the same can be done in williams and bally pinballs?

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’d buy one, but with my limited collection (3 pin max). I’m not sure it would work well with my Shadow... given they have very similar locks.

Ripley’s and The Shadow do both utilize a magnet located top/center of playfield that grab the ball and throw it backward up the playfield. Only seen that on 3 games, these and Dialed In! Otherwise, I agree, very different games. To me, Ripley’s is a slightly simpler version of Dialed In, with a dash of TZ. Even the code is similar. Visit continents, hit shots, collect letters to spell Ripley’s. Or, hit cell phone, start disaster, hit shots, collect letters to spell Dialed In! DI is a polished, modern version of Ripley’s. In my opinion. I owned them both and had them next to each other. They are definitely cousins.

I’m not sure why this pin is so underrated. Theme, most likely. Callouts can be a bit goofy too. But as for pure shots, it’s one of the best.

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

And the same can be done in williams and bally pinballs?

I'm not certain as I do not own any bally/William's games. I would assume so, but that's just a guess

#756 5 years ago

RBION before and after Pinstadium LED light kit install. Man, what a difference!! My Ripleys was so dark before. Check out the lighting down the sides and in the left pop bumper area. Man oh man...

20190204_221008 (resized).jpg20190204_221008 (resized).jpg
#757 5 years ago

Hi, I’m new to the club. My new Ripley’s volume is very loud. I have the master volume on 2 and adjustment 37 on 15 but it’s still very loud. Probably equivalent to 13-15 or more on a bally/Williams game. Any idea what might be causing this or how I might fix it?

#758 5 years ago

Hello.
Every time I connect the autoplunger , the fuse burns (f21).

I changed the coil (23-800) , I put and new cable from the coil to the board and then again the fuse burned. What shall I do?

1 week later
#759 5 years ago

Anyone have an extra one of these they can part with?
Will buy or trade for.
Thanks.

20190221_195740 (resized).jpg20190221_195740 (resized).jpg
#760 5 years ago

Made decals for my RBION. What do you think? If somebody interested i have few extra sets for sale.
2019-02-22 17.17.57 (resized).jpg2019-02-22 17.17.57 (resized).jpg

#761 5 years ago

This Sunday in 11:00am GMT-5 will be playing in RBION. https://www.twitch.tv/pinballrussia Will be glad if you guys will be with us.

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Made decals for my RBION. What do you think? If somebody interested i have few extra sets for sale.
[quoted image]

Those look nice!!

1 week later
#763 5 years ago

Shopping a RBION for a buddy. Ball gets hung up here one in a while. 3/4 rubber. Any ideas? Thus game had some incorrect posts and rubbers. Just seeing if I have right rubber ring

F0F1685E-616E-408D-837F-EE32813FDE7D (resized).jpegF0F1685E-616E-408D-837F-EE32813FDE7D (resized).jpeg
#764 5 years ago

1size Smaller rubber and stretch it

#765 5 years ago

Oh I also wanted to post this
I recently fixed and shopped out 5 RBION pins for Ripleys museum . They have a base wharehouse here in Florida and called me to bring them back to life . They all were pulled from various museums and were in desperate need of love . My two helpers where great company

1E206E74-A399-4053-8038-8743DF237B5C (resized).jpeg1E206E74-A399-4053-8038-8743DF237B5C (resized).jpeg200AA882-7C70-4FE8-A700-274B828D16C2 (resized).jpeg200AA882-7C70-4FE8-A700-274B828D16C2 (resized).jpeg5AE1D77C-ECD4-481A-B4E0-90C01A2BC5F0 (resized).jpeg5AE1D77C-ECD4-481A-B4E0-90C01A2BC5F0 (resized).jpegD49D9892-C02B-4E58-8C48-927B9FCE2902 (resized).jpegD49D9892-C02B-4E58-8C48-927B9FCE2902 (resized).jpeg
#766 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Shopping a RBION for a buddy. Ball gets hung up here one in a while. 3/4 rubber. Any ideas? Thus game had some incorrect posts and rubbers. Just seeing if I have right rubber ring [quoted image]

Previous owner of mine had put an adhesive-backed rubber dome on the bumper skirt to prevent balls sitting here, but it compromised the bumper action and so I removed it. Setting the bumper switch to be super sensitive solved 95% of hangs there. If not, a nudge would cause the ball to trigger it.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

1size Smaller rubber and stretch it

thx..its a 3/4 next avail size is 7/16. That may be a real stretch

#768 5 years ago

Pry that sucker on

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Pry that sucker on

you are right. found manual and it says 7/16...that will be tight

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

you are right. found manual and it says 7/16...that will be tight

Just shopped mine out and indeed some of the listed sizes were waaay tighter than the others.

1 week later
#771 5 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

I have been having an issue with the number of hits to the idol required to light extra ball randomly dropping down from 12 to 4. When I go back into the feature adjustments it still says it is set at 12 even though it lights at 4. In order to get it back to 12 I have to change the value to something else and save and then set it back. If anyone has any insight into this minor annoyance it would be appreciated.

So has anyone else figured this problem out? Mine continuously adjusts the extra ball idol hits upward and the only way to make sure it stays at factory default of 12 is to keep resetting it. Incredibly annoying when extra balls are critical to reaching Atlantis/Frog Frenzy. Anyone find a solution to this?

Really wish someone would update the code since it’s so damn buggy still (I’m looking at you “Idol Million”).

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Shopping a RBION for a buddy. Ball gets hung up here one in a while. 3/4 rubber. Any ideas? Thus game had some incorrect posts and rubbers. Just seeing if I have right rubber ring

This is a common ball trap issue on RBION. I have owned 2 machines and they both had this.
Leveling the game and making the lower pop very sensitive is the best solution. I have seen a location game where the op drilled in a post to fix this

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

So has anyone else figured this problem out? Mine continuously adjusts the extra ball idol hits upward and the only way to make sure it stays at factory default of 12 is to keep resetting it. Incredibly annoying when extra balls are critical to reaching Atlantis/Frog Frenzy. Anyone find a solution to this?
Really wish someone would update the code since it’s so damn buggy still (I’m looking at you “Idol Million”).

I'm fairly sure this one resides in the realm of buggy software, I still have to do this from time to time though not as much since I replaced the flaky opto's.
While a lot of us would love to see this game and others get updated, I just wouldn't hold your breath for Stern to fix software in a 15 year old game...

#774 5 years ago

Speaking of buggy software on RBION. I made a thread about this, but figure I would post here also. The upper right flipper coil does NOT fire in test mode. I find this very strange and it made is hard to identify what was wrong with up upper R flipper. Ultimately this was a transistor issue on the whitestar power pcb.

I asked around and this is a known bug in the games software.

#775 5 years ago

Are you peeps running the latest code? Mine has 2.04 but I’m planning on upgrading the chips to the 3.2 code on Sterns website as soon as I can.

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Are you peeps running the latest code? Mine has 2.04 but I’m planning on upgrading the chips to the 3.2 code on Sterns website as soon as I can.

Running latest code on mine

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

3.2 on min as well. I have no idea what the difference is though. It was on mine when I bought it.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

I'm fairly sure this one resides in the realm of buggy software, I still have to do this from time to time though not as much since I replaced the flaky opto's.
While a lot of us would love to see this game and others get updated, I just wouldn't hold your breath for Stern to fix software in a 15 year old game...

Yeah, I know. One can dream!! Hoping some RBION fan/genius could pull it off!!

#779 5 years ago

Anyone have any idea on this issue? The Odditorium starts off blinking as the current reward for hitting the head on game start, but shortly after starting the game, the Odditorium will turn solid and the Big Foot award will now be blinking - as if I made the shot. However, the ball is no where near the target and there is no award or notice on the DMD. Not sure how to troubleshoot it, especially since it is somewhat random.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from Flamingo43:

Anyone have any idea on this issue? The Odditorium starts off blinking as the current reward for hitting the head on game start, but shortly after starting the game, the Odditorium will turn solid and the Big Foot award will now be blinking - as if I made the shot. However, the ball is no where near the target and there is no award or notice on the DMD. Not sure how to troubleshoot it, especially since it is somewhat random.

Sounds like sketchy optics on the shrunken head?? They cause all sorts of random issues like that when they're going bad.

1 month later
#781 5 years ago

How to you adjust the left scoop so it does not throw the ball down the drain? It is a buzz kill on a fun game. I have loosened the assembly and pivoted a bit but no luck. Friends love the game but everyone does not like the drains action.

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

How to you adjust the left scoop so it does not throw the ball down the drain? It is a buzz kill on a fun game. I have loosened the assembly and pivoted a bit but no luck. Friends love the game but everyone does not like the drains action.

Is the machine level? Should go straight down to the left flipper and dead bounce somewhat reliably to the right flipper. Check the level, and past that maybe the angle of the solenoid on the kickout?

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Is there a Cliffy Protector on it? (Which is a good thing)

#784 5 years ago

Yes it has a Cliffy Protector and the pin is level

#785 5 years ago
E267CAC4-9158-413B-9869-79260CC3C3B4 (resized).jpegE267CAC4-9158-413B-9869-79260CC3C3B4 (resized).jpeg
#786 5 years ago

Bend the scoop down a little. Also, make sure the coil is snug in the assembly.

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Yes it has a Cliffy Protector and the pin is level

Ok, here’s what I have found. Replace the Cliffy w/another and you’ll be good again. You could run without it but myself I like it to be there to do it’s job, and it supports Cliffy for all he does for the hobby. This has happened on my pin so far 3 times. What ever is happening to the Cliffy from use makes it throw the ball sdtm. I spoke to Cliffy years ago about this and we never came up w/exactly why but it happens. I have looked at the ones I have taken off and can’t really see what has happened from wear but that is what it is from.

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

[quoted image]

Your assembly is too far to the left. You can see a large portion of your bracket at the right-hand side of the hole in your photo. What is happening is the ejected balls are hitting the edge of the cliffy and deflecting STDM. Loosen the scoop assembly, move over a bit, and re-tighten. You may even have to make new holes for some of the screws.

To verify that my hypothesis is correct, video a ball ejecting from the scoop in slow-mo mode on your phone. You should see it hitting the edge of the cliffy. That's what happened with mine.

#789 4 years ago

Ok! I did take a video will go to slow mo to review. Will update shortly

#790 4 years ago

I’m interested in seeing this. Interesting post/thought ‘accidental.’ I will have to look at mine when I have time. I don’t believe there’s that much adjustment room in of scoop assembly.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I’m interested in seeing this. Interesting post/thought ‘accidental.’ I will have to look at mine when I have time. I don’t believe there’s that much adjustment room in of scoop assembly.

There isn't much room at all. I had to move and rotate mine so the screws required mostly all new holes.

#792 4 years ago

Hello,
So i loosened the screws on the assembly and applied pressure to shift it a bit more to the left then re-tightened. (Baby steps here). Played a few games and it was behaving ok. Played a few today and it has not been consistent, seems to still drain. If I “pre-shake” the pin the moment the ball ejects I can change the trajectory to hit the flipper.

So next step is to buy a new cliffy and look at some new drill hole and pivot the assembly a bit more.

#793 4 years ago

Post back results if you think of it. As I wrote replacing the Cliffy Protecter was the fix for me anyway. Not sure of how many games played each time between changes. I do want to get under the hood on mine and take a look. Thanks for update.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Hello,
So i loosened the screws on the assembly and applied pressure to shift it a bit more to the left then re-tightened. (Baby steps here). Played a few games and it was behaving ok. Played a few today and it has not been consistent, seems to still drain. If I “pre-shake” the pin the moment the ball ejects I can change the trajectory to hit the flipper.
So next step is to buy a new cliffy and look at some new drill hole and pivot the assembly a bit more.

Can't believe someone hasn't mentioned this yet, but, chances are , the welds on your scoop have broken loose. They're notorious for doing that. Just pull the scoop out and inspect it. I bet the welds are shot. It causes the ball to be very inconsistent. If you know someone that can weld with stainless it's an easy fix. Or Marco I believe sells a whole new scoop pretty cheap

#795 4 years ago

Good tip. Had checked that when 1st started w/problem and welds on mine were good.

#796 4 years ago

No weld cracks on the assembly. So far pinballlife suggestion of bending the scoop down a little bit has made a big difference. It now hits the left flipper at the very end. Here is a picture of the slight bend down. I have not taken it off the board and looked at the actual coil alignment inside the track.

How do you post a video? Only can upload pictures.

A3225F16-84ED-46FF-9C68-6466BD1ADD68 (resized).jpegA3225F16-84ED-46FF-9C68-6466BD1ADD68 (resized).jpeg
#797 4 years ago

Def bend and twist it. All that matters is to get it right.

#798 4 years ago

What switch causes the numbers in the top right corner to cycle? I noticed my right flipper button will cycle the numbers and points are awarded sometimes. Is this in the rule set or do I have to do some digging?

1 week later
#799 4 years ago

So what do most of you have your pitch set at. I like it a little faster so have at approx 6.9 or so. However, I often have a hell of a time with that vari-target. Will make solid hits and it just won’t go. Wondering if this may be the problem. Also, is there anything special I should be doing with vari-target maintenance?

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawtalkinguy:

So what do most of you have your pitch set at. I like it a little faster so have at approx 6.9 or so. However, I often have a hell of a time with that vari-target. Will make solid hits and it just won’t go. Wondering if this may be the problem. Also, is there anything special I should be doing with vari-target maintenance?

I have my bubble dead centered. Not sure how many degrees that is. The vari target pushes in very easily assuming you can avoid the left and right post It sounds like your target is hanging up on something. A solid hit should go in regardless of a little extra pitch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 45.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre/page/16?hl=ababapanos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.