(Topic ID: 90719)

Club RBION: The Strange, the unusual, the bizarre!

By chadderack

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240323_123715 (resized).jpg
20240322_211239 (resized).jpg
RBION-light-scoop-connector (resized).JPG
RBION-light-scoop-mounting (resized).JPG
20240310_211336 (resized).jpg
20240310_211327 (resized).jpg
20240310_211301 (resized).jpg
20240310_211313 (resized).jpg
20240310_211246 (resized).jpg
20240310_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).jpeg
20240225_071317 (resized).jpg
60475cf43a8833282adc2199f67fec32 (resized).jpg
20240224_152743 (resized).jpg
20240224_152151 (resized).jpg
plastics needed.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.
#1 9 years ago

Gotta have a club for the shrunken head, mon!

Tonight, I just got 5 Ripley's letters for the first time (TPA not included!) ... had 5 letters before starting the last ball and was playing Asia... should have been able to score that "Y"

And to think this used to be my least favorite game

Let's read your tales of excitement as you travel the globe!

#3 9 years ago

One of the few games I have yet to consider selling/trading....and I bought it new 7+ years ago so its been in the collection quite a while.

#4 9 years ago

Second owner and the only HUO pin I've ever owned. Super challenging and fun pin. Glad to have a club for it.

#5 9 years ago

Dang. I looked for one, too Maybe the threads can be merged.

2 weeks later
#6 9 years ago

Dang.... new GC score tonight.

hs_73,842,680.jpghs_73,842,680.jpg

5 Ripleys letters and barely missed on a couple of 'em.

5_letters.jpg5_letters.jpg

Had the 2nd "Collect all continents" shot ready and lit, and missed That was another 12 mil plus the super shot after.

One helluva fun game this is.

BTW: I looked at the old club thread and it said that the thread was over 244 days old... and that I probably shouldn't bump it :S

3 months later
#7 9 years ago

I do not have one favorite game, a few share number one on my list. RBION is one of 'm!

Did some mods. The Tiki of Happiness is our topper.

Tiki topper.JPGTiki topper.JPG

Some penguins.

penguins.JPGpenguins.JPG

And a Tiki inside too!

Tiki.JPGTiki.JPG

#8 9 years ago

Just got mine 2 days ago. Nice additions!

#9 9 years ago

Love mine............... But I need a new or used DANGER plastic . Can anyone help me so I dont have to buy a complete set.

#10 9 years ago

Great game very underrated its deep and has alot going on

8 months later
#11 8 years ago

Necro bumping, but wanted to know what are people using for the red plastic stern posts? Cliffy posts? Super band posts? Stock? Need to replace mine and kind of wanted something other than red.

#12 8 years ago

I used Cliffies in different colors throughout game. Gotta' have Cliffies! ; )

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Necro bumping, but wanted to know what are people using for the red plastic stern posts? Cliffy posts?

Put Cliffy posts on a couple years ago and still happy.

#14 8 years ago

Happy to be in the club. Got this Cointaker's RBION about a month ago and just did a Tiki /GI mod on it. Has the color changing LED Board for translite. Color changing ground effects led strip lighting and illuminated buttons, along with Cointakers LEDs on playfield. I can see at least 4 more mods to do and some mirror blades before it's complete.

CAM00586.jpgCAM00586.jpg

I attached a socket between plastics and layed it down for GI and then attached another socket for tiki on top which is surrounded by leaves my wife made to camo the wiring and socket.

tiki.jpgtiki.jpg

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

4 more mods to do and some mirror blades before it's complete.

Mirror blades don't add much for this IMO if you want to save some coin. But anyway, welcome to the club!

#16 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I may look for side wall art for this pin as an alternative if they are out there.

Ripleys Translite.jpgRipleys Translite.jpg
1 week later
#17 8 years ago

Can I get a little help please. What is the correct rubber for the two posts directly behind the variable target? I am talking about the two posts at the top that lead out of the pop bumpers? The manual appears to be calling for 2 rubbers. #10 aka 7/16 strung between the two posts. Then on the right it also has 15 aka 3/8 od ring. What is correct?

#18 8 years ago

Working right now,but will have a look when I get home tonight or in the a.m.

#19 8 years ago

Thanks man, appreciate it. Mine had hodge podge rubber on it that was obviously wrong.

#20 8 years ago

Look out! Such an awesome game, it deserves to have two clubs. Love mine..

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Can I get a little help please. What is the correct rubber for the two posts directly behind the variable target? I am talking about the two posts at the top that lead out of the pop bumpers? The manual appears to be calling for 2 rubbers. #10 aka 7/16 strung between the two posts. Then on the right it also has 15 aka 3/8 od ring. What is correct?

Nothing strung between the two. There two separate rings altogether. 5/16 on the right same as lanes to bumpers. 3/8 on the left,which is much smaller than the others up there. Hope this clears things up.

#22 8 years ago

thank you kindly sir

#23 8 years ago

Finished putting her back together last night. Been awhile since I've owned a stern. Does the shooter rod need to be pulled back before lifting the playfield?

#24 8 years ago

Great game! Bought mine NIB back in 2004. I've owned this game longer than any other and it isn't going anywhere.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Does the shooter rod need to be pulled back before lifting the playfield?

No....but you've probably figured that out by now.

7 months later
#26 8 years ago

Just got mine. Any custom rule cards available, any club members make any? Thanks.

#27 8 years ago

See my reply to your other post. Orrrr here was one for ya'.

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/2013/02/ripleys-believe-it-or-not.html?m=1

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No....but you've probably figured that out by now.

Oddly enough it needed to be on mine. It would catch the tip of the shooter tip. Had the correct parts on the shooter rod all new, but oh well. Traded the machine for an NGG that was then traded for a STTNG.

#30 8 years ago

Thanks for the card info.

#31 8 years ago

Gotta love RBION! I have tied a couple LED strips to the idol flasher for a great light show! Also the back alley mods for this game really make the game stand out much better then the plastic temple. Now to Atlantis!

RBION01_(resized).jpgRBION01_(resized).jpg

RBION02_(resized).jpgRBION02_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago

Hello,everybody,Hawkmoon checking to the club!!!I love mine also,play it a lot!! Have yet to complete RIPLEYS letters!!I've got all the mods,too..idol,both temples,big foot crossing.LEDs from coin taker,upgraded code,PDI glass,did i miss something?? Peace

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

.....did i miss something??

Biplane mod, scoop lights, under cab lights, speaker lights, speaker grills, mirror blades

#34 8 years ago

Mirror blades are totally worthless on this game...well maybe any game but this one for sure.

#35 8 years ago

So glad to see this club resurrected. I recently got an RBION, and I truly enjoy it. I play it frequently- and find it is fun for a quick satisfying game, or a longer session.

I have to update the code, though- mine came with 2.04

#36 8 years ago

head1_(resized).jpghead1_(resized).jpg

head2_(resized).jpghead2_(resized).jpg

#37 8 years ago

I already looked at mirror blades,and didn't go for the look!Undercab lites are flashy,not functional,and the game is plenty loud enough ! can't see the clutter of a biplane,but,to each his own!Good job on those mods!!

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Good job on those mods!!

Heh, didn't say that I had them myself Was just stating whats available for the game.

I tend to agree that the mirror blades don't do anything for me and am hoping one of companies out there designs some good side art that ties into the PF art. Anything else would be a miss in my opinion.

In regards to the BiPlane mod, if you are sporting the Big Foot crossing, then Bi Plane isn't much more clutter than that. A couple of the other cool mods that look great on the machine are the target armor (tombstones) and lighted flipper buttons.

2 weeks later
#40 8 years ago

I've only got a few hours in on mine, but I absolutely love it. Great layout and very difficult shots. Still learning the rules but it's all coming together in my mind nicely. The vari-target is extremely difficult to hit, I feel it makes it over the ball guide to the left more often that it does the actual target. I traded a TZ for this plus cash and feel I like this game much better! Looking forward to eventually and hopefully spelling RIPLEY

1 week later
#41 8 years ago

Just picked up mine last week. A HUO unit with under 200 plays & the box it came in. I looked for 2 years to find one. I may be buried in this bad boy. Amazing!

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Just picked up mine last week. A HUO unit with under 200 plays & the box it came in. I looked for 2 years to find one. I may be buried in this bad boy. Amazing!

Make sure the software is up to date

#43 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up & give me a reason to fire it up, mon. Display & CPU 3.00. What's the latest?

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Thanks for the heads up & give me a reason to fire it up, mon. Display & CPU 3.00. What's the latest?

3.20 I believe is the latest.

#45 8 years ago

You are correct sir! Thanks mon.

#46 8 years ago

Best game ever!

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Congrats Mon!
Mine has only 260 plays.
Yes, latest ROM is 3.20.

Get a Cliffy protector for the scoop if there isn't one already.

I have one on my RBION as it is a well-used area of the playfield.

#48 8 years ago

Came with Cliffy, CT LED kit, Super Bands, Pinbits flipper & plastics protectors. I changed out the original rubbers, wiped it w/Novus 1 & added NVram. It was NIB when purchased in 2010. Still has that new pin smell. Plays like a raped ape. Just need to burn a chip.
My awesome GF already modded the shrunken head adding a piece of jade & shark tooth. I just finished remodeling the family room & moved it in.

DSCN1297_(resized).JPGDSCN1297_(resized).JPG

DSCN1299_(resized).JPGDSCN1299_(resized).JPG

DSCN1301_(resized).JPGDSCN1301_(resized).JPG

#49 8 years ago

Here's mine

20160130_220101_(resized).jpg20160130_220101_(resized).jpg

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Here's mine

20160130_220101_(resized).jpg

You need some spotlights...damn that middle is dark!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 1,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-the-strange-the-unusual-the-bizarre/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.