Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4536_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 7 years ago

Just brought the RBION home. It was playing fine when I bought it and it did not seem to have any real issues. After bringing the game home and getting it setup I opened the back box before firing it up to check everything and saw that the screws were not tight and both the CPU and Driver boards were off the mounts and hanging.

I put them back and tightened everything up. Reseated all the connectors and then did a quick visual inspection under the playfield.

Game starts up and I started playing and that is when the strange behavior starts. Tombstone switch 2+3 triggers the entire row in the matrix it is on.

The VUK switch 29 triggers its entire row.

The left ramp make 31triggers it's entire row.

Obviously this makes things virtually impossible to play. I shut down and did another visual inspection below the PF and do not see anything shorted. I did pull the 2 tombstone switches and they seem fine.

Those are all on the same column and maybe it is just too late after a long drive in combination with the Cavs winning that I just can't concentrate to figure this out.

I am hoping I am just being dumb and that the boards are alright.

Here is a video of the behavior of the tombstones.

And I am including some photos of those switches and the VUK switch and matrix diagram.

If you are local and want to lent an extra set of eyes as I may be overlooking something let me know fellow CLE Pinsiders.

Go Cavs!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

I remember having to check my magnets after the trip back from Cinci. Both had rotated & were shorting against their mounting brackets. If you need pics or anything LMK. I have a low play, unmodded, HUO RIBION just north of you.

#3 7 years ago

So after a good night's sleep and some deep thought, I asked myself why would the original board have been loose to begin with?

I decided to disconnect the CPU and examine it as I was unable to find any shorts below the PF. Low and behold, someone (not the previous owner) had done some board work and neglected to clip the leads after soldering.

Thus when I screwed the board down, the leads bent and shorted behind the board. Luckily after I clipped them all and put it back together everything was indeed 100%.

Picture of the board before I clipped everything down attached.

Love Pinball!

IMG_4536_(resized).jpgIMG_4536_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-switch-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.