(Topic ID: 183712)

RBION Custom / Mod Speaker cover ideas

By CoolCatPinball

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So, on my new RBION, the plain flat black speaker cover bugs me. I'm thinking of buying a spare and painting it a color that flows better with the rest of the game. Another idea would be to print off some vintage ripleys images from the Web and apply them to the panel sort of like the art on the side of the cabinet, then clear the whole thing. Or even print off one large Ripleys logo, and "wrap" the panel. Suggestions? Comments? Better ideas?

1 week later
#2 7 years ago

I would recommend a ColorDMD. I like the way they stand out with a black surround and you'll get your color. A speaker light kit will also add color. I usually add LED strips to the speakers and connect them to flashers.

#3 7 years ago

I think your bamboo idea sounded good. Throw some palm trees on the edges... near the speakers. Maybe use some warm green/yellow LED speaker lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-speaker-cover-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.