You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001.JPG
001.JPG
001.JPG
#1 11 years ago

What's the best way to adjust where it's firing ? I look under the playfield thinking I could move the entire scoop but its a total pain to get to! Sometimes the darn thing shoot the ball STDM ugh

#2 11 years ago

bend the top of the scoop to the left so the ball comes out and hits the left flipper ,, do this by grabing it with a towel and move it to the left

#3 11 years ago

here's pictures of mine

#4 11 years ago

here's pictures of mine

001.JPG001.JPG

#5 11 years ago

Don't see a picture I will do that wanted to make sure it was ok to do

#6 11 years ago

here's picture's of mine

001.JPG001.JPG

#8 11 years ago

#9 11 years ago

#10 11 years ago

#11 11 years ago

here's picture's of mine

001.JPG001.JPG

#12 11 years ago

It's working(the picture not my scoop) you can stop now LOL Thanks!!!!

#13 11 years ago

I know sorry just did not realize uploading was slow ,just be careful not to break the weld , if you want to adjust from underneath , you will have to remove the side tray bozo hole stainless tray is to get to the screws to loosen for the scoop . try a little bending . easier and faster

#14 11 years ago

Ok do I want to kinda twist it so the right half is lower or push the whole scoop left? If that makes sense.

#15 11 years ago

try twisting the right half a little and see if that works , i usually grap and move scoop to the left so it bends slightly at the base .

#16 11 years ago

Mandlelbloom...do you have a Cliffy on it? If so, most times when the Cliffy has taken abuse that is the effect you get...SDTM. Change it out for a new one and back in business. Besides mine, I know a few other people that that was the cure for it...New Cliffy not More Cowbell. : )

#17 11 years ago

Also possible that the inside of the weldment bracket is grooved too deeply. Usually a little tweak on the top edge of the bracket will correct for a while. Eventually it needs removed and pounded back out or replaced.

#18 11 years ago

I do have a cliffy! The game is HUO and in super shape and dont think the cliffy has take much abuse at all though as it was put on by the previous owner so less than 6months

#19 11 years ago

You also wanna adjust the scoop so that when the ball kicks out it doesn't come out as an air ball. When I had luch's Ripleys it use to come out as an air ball and hit the wire form going to the left inlane.

#20 11 years ago

I think it's probably not the cliffy unless its obviously warped. Often divots in the roof of the weldment. You can grab this one and bend the whole thing down closer to the playfield with your hand. The trick is for it to be consistent. If its sometimes left flipper, sometimes right, you probably need a new weldment. If its consistently down the middle, you can probably bend to fix.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think it's probably not the cliffy unless its obviously warped.

I'd bet money that if he removed the Cliffy, his problem would disappear. Mine did the same thing and others have also had the same problem. Took out the Cliffy and not another SDTM. I wouldn't recommend attempting to bend anything before removing the Cliffy.

Cliffy needs to change the design on this one, *if possible*. It's badly needed, but STDM's aren't an acceptable side effect. I should note that mine came pre-worn. It had obviously been in the game for a while. So I suspect they work okay when new, but eventually end up sending balls down the middle. Also worth noting that the part of the protector that is causing the SDTM's is likely not visible to the player. The ball doesn't hit the edges when it's ejected. So if your protector looks fine from the top, that doesn't necessarily mean it's not causing the SDTM's.

#22 11 years ago

also on mine I had to turn the coil pulse down which helped alot

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

also on mine I had to turn the coil pulse down which helped alot

Can I turn it down for that one coil ? What should I set it at. Don't think it's wear as its very smooth

#24 11 years ago

Ok first off the weldment and cliffy look new

So I tweaked it a little and it hits the left flipper everytime . Has a bit too much power but setting the coil pulse down seems to make the magnet under the head a bit weak.
I'll mess with it a little more but it's solid now

Thanks!

1 week later
#25 10 years ago

Does anyone know if a similar fix would work for a WCS TV scoop? Mine seems to drop it down the middle (or very close to the tip of the left flipper) very frequently.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I'd bet money that if he removed the Cliffy, his problem would disappear. Mine did the same thing and others have also had the same problem. Took out the Cliffy and not another SDTM. I wouldn't recommend attempting to bend anything before removing the Cliffy.
Cliffy needs to change the design on this one, *if possible*. It's badly needed, but STDM's aren't an acceptable side effect. I should note that mine came pre-worn. It had obviously been in the game for a while. So I suspect they work okay when new, but eventually end up sending balls down the middle. Also worth noting that the part of the protector that is causing the SDTM's is likely not visible to the player. The ball doesn't hit the edges when it's ejected. So if your protector looks fine from the top, that doesn't necessarily mean it's not causing the SDTM's.

this is why I left mine without a cliffy, I read a lot of people havingissues with the rbion cliffy

#27 10 years ago

I put a Cliffy on mine as well and have no issues as of yet. Of course that was only a week ago

4 months later
#28 10 years ago

I know this is an old thread but my RBION is doing the same thing. When I took the scoop off, I noticed 3 of the 4 spot welds are broken. A temporary zip tie fixed it for now but I'll have to get someone to weld it. I don't think (in my case anyway) the Cliffy has anything to do with it. I don't think it even touches the Cliffy when the ball is ejected.

#29 10 years ago

I recently was getting the sdtm's again and instead of replacing the Cliffy(and hail to the Cliffy!)I adjusted the VUK by just 'grabbing' the upper part above pf and bending(CAREFULLY)to the left....seemed to be the cure. Not enough games to tell for how long as I'm sure it will eventually find its way back from game play to the sdtm's again. Also bent the top of scoop downward as that tends to rise from gameplay also.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I recently was getting the sdtm's again and instead of replacing the Cliffy(and hail to the Cliffy!)I adjusted the VUK by just 'grabbing' the upper part above pf and bending(CAREFULLY)to the left....seemed to be the cure. Not enough games to tell for how long as I'm sure it will eventually find its way back from game play to the sdtm's again. Also bent the top of scoop downward as that tends to rise from gameplay also.

do this , it worked for me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-scoop-shoots-ball-stdm-sometimes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.