Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chalkup8
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

378_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I'm tossed between buying a RBION and a WH20. Any thoughts/opinions?

#2 3 years ago

Of coarse a lot depends on conditions and prices of both games. All being equal though I would say WH20

#4 3 years ago

White Water is the only game I've owned and truly miss having.

#5 3 years ago

I'd go with RBION,but my wife and kids would say WH2O.

#6 3 years ago

Whitewater hands down.

#8 3 years ago

Boy that's a tough one. I didn't like WH2O until recently but I like it a lot. Ripley's I had to play awhile to grow to like it but it's one of my favorites. I would say they are very similar in depth and difficulty. I guess if you found a good example of Whitewater since it's an older game and may be harder to find a good example, I would take that one. Whitewater may have better theme integration in the modes also. You really can't lose with either one.

#9 3 years ago

WH2O.

I have owned RBION for a while and it is super fun, but WH20 has some really satisfying shots.

#10 3 years ago

Owned both and sold both ... but I miss wh20 and will get another

#11 3 years ago

I have both. White Water gets played about five times more than Ripley's. It's stupidly fun. But Ripley's is incredible when you have 20-30 minutes to kill and you're kicking ass on it. WH20 is the obvious choice if you're just going for one, but they are both keepers for me.

#12 3 years ago

White Water is just fun, each and every game!
My worst game, is still fun.

Ripleys,to me, is a challenge, an adventure, collecting jewels, achieving goals.

Its not as the WH2O doesnt have this as well, it just feels "different".

A rolling day in the water on a raft, or a global treasure adventure......

#13 3 years ago

RBION has more depth. Whitewater has more satysfying shots. RBION is 2/3rds the price though. I'd go rbion.

#14 3 years ago

Here is my vote

378_(resized).JPG

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Stampede:

I'm tossed between buying a RBION and a WH20. Any thoughts/opinions?

I've had both and rbion is still here. Wh2o just doesn't have enough compared to Ripley's to keep me interested in the long run.

#16 3 years ago

Owned both...doubt I will ever sell the White Water. RBION I had high hopes for. I like Lawlor and love the theme. Rules are OK, but did not like the shots that were meaningful in game. Orbits were only thing I liked shooting...but they are pretty worthless in the game.

Also just played slow for me even after restoration...and somewhat clunky too.

I like fast games with good flow...so got rid of RBION only after a few months. No regrets.

These games are not even close to me. White Water is a classic and RBION is mediocre.

#18 3 years ago

RBION for sure as WH20 is waaaaaaaay overpriced and a bit same same.

#19 3 years ago

WH2O is an overpriced game that is fun but if you are looking for depth you can't go wrong with RBION.

#20 3 years ago

Whitewater is no doubt a fun game, but it just doesn't have the depth or longevity to last. RBION for me in this one.

#22 3 years ago

Couldn't wait to sell rbion. Couldn't get into yet another lawlor pin.

Wh20 is one of the most iconic pins ever created and is brilliant. Theme is amazing and the pin itself is hard getting to vacation jackpot. It's gorgeous too. It did get a bit stale after I got the jackpot.

Wh20 all day for me.

#23 3 years ago

I have had both, still have WH2O. I did enjoy RBION though.

Sorry, no help here!!!

#24 3 years ago

I have had 2 whitewaters and am on my 2nd RBION currently. I love both games but to me WH20 is a game you come home from work have a cold beer and relax while playing. RBION has way more strategy excitement and depth. I have sold both of my wh20s and I miss it a little but not nearly as much as I missed my RBION (traded even for a nice champs pub which is also sold and gone no regrets lol) so about 6 months ago I bought a super mint HUO RBION with only 88 original plays it is not leaving any time soon. Actually that's a bit of a problem because I'm out of space+cash and all three of my games are keepers to me LOL medieval madness, Metallica LE and RBION so I need to find more space lol.

#25 3 years ago

White Water was so underrated for so long. It's gone up in price dramatically because it's the full package: fun; fast; good depth; great art and music. Everything integrates beautifully.

RBION, I think, is similarly underrated but it just doesn't have the same integration as White Water.

#26 3 years ago

Another thing to consider is that plastic replacement ramps for Whitewater are about $600 and a pain in the ass to change if ever needed

#27 3 years ago

I've played both, and while I'm new to collecting and playing pins, RBION is on my list to get.

#28 3 years ago

Ripley's all day it's so wierd mon!!

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

White Water was so underrated for so long. It's gone up in price dramatically because it's the full package: fun; fast; good depth; great art and music. Everything integrates beautifully.
RBION, I think, is similarly underrated but it just doesn't have the same integration as White Water.

I would have to agree there. My love RBION runs deep but White water tells a better story.

#30 3 years ago

I respect lawlor, but his pins don't draw me in like Nordman's.

#31 3 years ago

Apples and oranges

#32 3 years ago

Wh20 is way better in my opinion. I have spent a lot of time on both.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Wh20 is way better in my opinion. I have spent a lot of time on both.

I currently own both. I like both games, but I wouldn't say Wh2O is way better. I would say it's way easier, more fluid, and possibly more repetitive.

I like Wh2O in that I can nail a Vacation jackpot every so often, whereas RBION still remains a challenge to reach Atlantis or Frog Frenzy.

#34 3 years ago

WH2O easily, mind you I do like RBION and wouldn't mind getting one someday. I love trying to get vacation jackpot on each WH2O I come across. It's a blast!

#35 3 years ago

RBION. I lit up WH20 @ Expo on my 4th game, over 539 mil. Never went back.

#36 3 years ago

I think Stern really botched the RBION theme. I love the Ripleys musem, but playing RBION had me wanting to walk away after one game. Wish B/W had done Ripley's instead. If it was half as good as Theatre, I wouldve bought it in a heartbeat. WH2O is OK IMO, but too much going on, rules need a re-do. Still WH2O by a country mile, RBION is just plain repellent.

#37 3 years ago

wh20, even though i have never played rbion! Its just so much fun.

#38 3 years ago

Love my RBION. They are priced a little bit cheaper than WH20. More depth. Very hard game with a ton of depth. Never get tired of it.

Everyone has different opinions. So play both and see which you like!

#39 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply's all. Both games are in very good condition. RBION has all LEDS. I've only played the RBION once and liked the play. Played WH2O much more and hey, it's WH20. . I just don't see the RBION too much here. The greater majority say WH20. It really should come down to player preference but I like both games. WH20 it is!!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

New parts such as plastics,decals,mantis protectors etc .. have helped the machine become what it is.The topper?,well.

Never played RBION, but I'm a Lawlor enthusiast all the same.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Branson, MO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 47.00
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Park, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside