11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

POTC.png
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I got the coil, but a lane guide to vari-target. What is that?

Added lane guide to the left of the vari-target. I made my own by cutting a slightly bigger (metal) lane guide. I attached the top using an existing lane guide screw and the bottom with double sided tape (to the inside of the existing lane guide). Greatly reduces vari-target rejects.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29832963@N05/6791229475/

Quoted from LesManley:

If your upper flipper can't get the ball to the pops...

I said the rollovers. A weak upper flipper rarely gets the ball all the way up the penguin loop and into the rollovers. The pops will occasionally send a ball into the rollovers, but without a strong upper flipper, you're not going to get many bonus multipliers, if any.

Quoted from LesManley:

...and most of your vari target shots are rejected, there is something wrong with your game or the way it is setup.

They ALL reject a lot of shots from the vari-target. That's common knowledge. If not for those rejects, the game would've been more popular when it was new. Even with an added lane guide, they still get rejected, but way less than factory.

#53 11 years ago
#54 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

They ALL reject a lot of shots from the vari-target. That's common knowledge. If not for those rejects, the game would've been more popular when it was new. Even with an added lane guide, they still get rejected, but way less than factory.

I never had any problem with my HUO with this. This was one of the cool things about rbion, I liked the vari-target.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I never had any problem with my HUO with this. This was one of the cool things about rbion, I liked the vari-target.

I agree. No problems with mine. I know you would know this, but in case someone doesn't, vari-target can be set hard or easy. Hard you need a solid shot, if it does not go all the way in and allow ball to drop it resets. On easy, the vari-target stays in the position, so the next shot is that much easier since vari-target didn't reset.

#57 11 years ago

POTC for me. I have owned 4 diffrent POTC the one I have now will stay. Owned RBION last 1 1/2 months.

#58 11 years ago

POTC is a bit of a yawn to me. Have enjoyed my time with RBION so far, still yet to see Atlantis.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I agree. No problems with mine. I know you would know this, but in case someone doesn't, vari-target can be set hard or easy. Hard you need a solid shot, if it does not go all the way in and allow ball to drop it resets. On easy, the vari-target stays in the position, so the next shot is that much easier since vari-target didn't reset.

You can also adjust the vari-target position, obviously. Mine was two clicks "forward" past default when I got it, so it would have taken that much 'better' of a shot to make it.

Not sure if the coil is upgraded on my upper flipper, but it seems to hit the full loop pretty regularly. Not much for bonus multipliers on this game - the way they light up doesn't help, it seems there's cases when it's going up there/through a loop that it changes the lights from what's been hit to doing some sort of a cycle/light show flash, so it's hard to adjust the lanes with the flippers in time. Unless there happens to be some sort of problem on mine...

#60 11 years ago

If this informal poll is correct, do you guys think the prices will rise one day on RBION? Anyone know how many they made?

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If this informal poll is correct, do you guys think the prices will rise one day on RBION?

One day? This used to be a sub-$2000 pin...now, good luck getting a nice one for under $2500. Prices are rising across the board.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I agree. No problems with mine.

I'd like to see either of you guys make a video with someone shooting 3 successful vari-target shots in a row. Doesn't have to be on the same ball. You can do it with the glass off if you want. I haven't played a lot of them, but every factory game has had a high percentage or rejects from the vari-target.

Don't take my word for it. I 'stole' this mod from Keith Elwin. That's his game I linked above. For me, this mod improves the game immensely. Upgrading the flippers was a no-brainer, but the vari-target mod seals the deal.

Quoted from Toasterdog:

I know you would know this, but in case someone doesn't, vari-target can be set hard or easy. Hard you need a solid shot, if it does not go all the way in and allow ball to drop it resets. On easy, the vari-target stays in the position, so the next shot is that much easier since vari-target didn't reset.

Yes, I am aware of it. I never considered setting it to easy. I want to crush that vari-target full force every time. d I also leave idol save turned off.

Quoted from blizz81:

You can also adjust the vari-target position, obviously. Mine was two clicks "forward" past default when I got it, so it would have taken that much 'better' of a shot to make it.

Mine is right.

Quoted from blizz81:

Not sure if the coil is upgraded on my upper flipper, but it seems to hit the full loop pretty regularly. Not much for bonus multipliers on this game...

If you upgrade the upper flipper, it helps with multipliers. Still not easy though, so bonus multiplier should be set to carryover. Default is to not carryover.

Quoted from blizz81:

the way they light up doesn't help, it seems there's cases when it's going up there/through a loop that it changes the lights from what's been hit to doing some sort of a cycle/light show flash, so it's hard to adjust the lanes with the flippers in time. Unless there happens to be some sort of problem on mine...

Although I rarely have trouble with lighting in the rollovers, I don't think your game is having a problem. The game just has an annoying light scheme. The three blinding white flashers don't help. No LED's needed. It's almost like Lawlor wanted to punish the player with lights. Bastard.

#63 11 years ago

how many were made of rbion ?

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The three blinding white flashers don't help. No LED's needed. It's almost like Lawlor wanted to punish the player with lights. Bastard.

Mine has a coin taker led kit. Lights up like 2 guys welding a car frame on the sun.

I have to get around to replacing a few of those to tone it down!

#65 11 years ago
#66 11 years ago

POTC Better looking, better theme, better toy.
RBION Better staying power, Better play in the sense there is more goals and shots.

So, if you love pirates you have your answer.
If you want a more stunning visual, or play occasionally, POTC

If you like magnets, modes, and shots, RBION, or if you play frequently, RBION.
The theme, may or not be for everyone, it gets the most play by guests to my house.

#67 11 years ago

I like RBION a lot better than POTC. I currently own RBION, have owned POTC in the past. Once the newness of POTC wore off, it was pretty dull for me. RBION is still fun and challenging. As a bonus, my wife really likes RBION!

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If this informal poll is correct, do you guys think the prices will rise one day on RBION? Anyone know how many they made?

They already did rise. And they came back down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-or-potc-which-one-would-you-chose-price-not-the-issue/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.