Bigfoot sign under image and price.jpg
Bigfoot sign next to price.jpg
Untitled.png
WP_000834.jpg
WP_000833.jpg
WP_000831.jpg
image.jpg
WP_000794.jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

absolutely love it. Looks great.

#53 9 years ago

I found what I thinks a pretty nifty topper for my Ripleys. At some point I'll link the eyes to the play-field lights but not got round to it.

Its basically an ornament for a fish tank I got for £10/$15 at a local pet-food depot

ripleys-04.JPGripleys-04.JPG ripleys-06.JPGripleys-06.JPG
#54 9 years ago

nice , needs led lights inside

#55 9 years ago

Ripleys fans and owners wanted some input on where to attach the idol mod. The thought was this screw at the top of the idol plastic . But getting to it requires removing the entire plastic below it plus moving the ramp . Here are some pics wanted to make sure I'm not making this harder than it has to be

image-270.jpgimage-270.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#56 9 years ago

I'll look tonight when I go home. When I put that LED strip in there in know it was a pain to take that all apart for something so simple...

#57 9 years ago

Yea that's what I think. It's certainly doable but clearly we want to make the mod as easy to install as possible . Not to mention me personally since I will probably have to do it several times LOL!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea that's what I think. It's certainly doable but clearly we want to make the mod as easy to install as possible . Not to mention me personally since I will probably have to do it several times LOL!

Usually I like to make a bracket, but in this case a small piece of Velcro may be the best option. Keep the ideas a coming.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Usually I like to make a bracket, but in this case a small piece of Velcro may be the best option. Keep the ideas a coming.

Aside from the pop bumpers nearby, there's not really much action on this part of the playfield, so I think Velcro will probably do the trick.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Maybe a shaped/bent bracket of some kind that attaches to something nearby, ramp screw or something easy.

#61 9 years ago

I just picked up my RBION yesterday. I can't wait to dig in to this thing.... damned day job!

#62 9 years ago

Has anyone used these target decals? Opinions?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2426

#63 9 years ago

I picked up a set of the target armor from Little Shop of Games back at Expo and finally installed them yesterday. I can tell you now that I do prefer the target armor over anything else.

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Decal/TA.html

#64 9 years ago

Here is the final placement. Kristin's will paint it up to look more wood like. It will have flashing red eyes integrated with the dome flasher. I am also considering putting an orange EL wire around the top that will also flash. It is attached with Velcro.

image-654.jpgimage-654.jpg

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Has anyone used these target decals? Opinions?

I bought their target decals for TSPP and found them to be worth every penny. A quality item that made a pretty big difference.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Video
» YouTube video

It looks good. If your looking for feedback, it might be better if the light didn't bleed through the whole tiki, no biggee either way really. Just a thought.

#68 9 years ago

Could you just remove the clear cover on the flash lamp that's there , cut a hole in the bottom of the Idol and put it on top of the flash lamp ?

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Could you just remove the clear cover on the flash lamp that's there , cut a hole in the bottom of the Idol and put it on top of the flash lamp

Great idea.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Could you just remove the clear cover on the flash lamp that's there , cut a hole in the bottom of the Idol and put it on top of the flash lamp ?

That was my first thought but a plastic buts right up against it.

#72 9 years ago

Cool, yea I thought about putting on the flasher too Would be nice to eliminate the bleed through perhaps if it was lined with something?

#73 9 years ago

I think I'd take mine and light it when the Idol Magnet LED is lit. I've got to check that connection out, but I'm sure there's a way to do it.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I think I'd take mine and light it when the Idol Magnet LED is lit. I've got to check that connection out, but I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Yea...thats an opto don't think its to easy to tap in..but that flasher goes of when you need to hit him or hit him .

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea...thats an opto don't think its to easy to tap in..but that flasher goes of when you need to hit him or hit him .

Sounds like a job for a PIG 2.

#76 9 years ago

Such a dark area of playfield.. It might like good tied into GI and light coming through eyes permanently

1 week later
#77 9 years ago

I have a question about the rubber in my RBION.

The game has been kicking my ass, especially at the outlanes. I was almost considering narrowing them a hair. They're currently pretty much in the middle. Then I thought that it might be the rubber. It's white and super bouncy. Any hit at the outlane, once it starts to bounce around, ends up draining about 2/3 of the time.

I checked the manual and it calls for black rubber in the game, which is typically less bouncy. I thought that might be part of the problem and then I noticed, almost all of the pictures I see of RBION people have the white rubber installed.

So, roll call I guess. Do you use white or black rubber in your game?

#78 9 years ago

White on mine, and the flyer shows white.

Don't feel bad aboot moving the post a little...a "little" makes a huge difference in that game.!

#79 9 years ago

Mine are white, rubber kit comes with white. Outlanes in this game are deadly, makes up for limited SDTM shots. Id adjust the outlanes to narrow them rather than changed the slings.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

The game has been kicking my ass, especially at the outlanes. I was almost considering narrowing them a hair. They're currently pretty much in the middle. Then I thought that it might be the rubber. It's white and super bouncy. Any hit at the outlane, once it starts to bounce around, ends up draining about 2/3 of the time.
I checked the manual and it calls for black rubber in the game, which is typically less bouncy. I thought that might be part of the problem and then I noticed, almost all of the pictures I see of RBION people have the white rubber installed.
So, roll call I guess. Do you use white or black rubber in your game?

Mine are black, but I can agree with the outlane drains. I have said it before and will say it again, the right outlane on RBION is the worst drain I have experienced in all of pinball. It makes the right drain on STTNG look like you are playing with a rubber band stretched over the outlane in comparison.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mine are black, but I can agree with the outlane drains. I have said it before and will say it again, the right outlane on RBION is the worst drain I have experienced in all of pinball. It makes the right drain on STTNG look like you are playing with a rubber band stretched over the outlane in comparison.

What?...IMO the outlines are very tame compared to STTNG. The ball times on this game is as long as LOTR.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What?...IMO the outlines are very tame compared to STTNG. The ball times on this game is as long as LOTR.

I think they are more easily rattled out of the side than STNG, but depending on where your post is both sides can be very rough.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

My audits are ridiculously favored to the right drain on RBION. Compared to my STTNG, there is no comparison. When I lose the ball on RBION, it is down the right drain by 4x1 margin compared to the others. RBION ball times like LOTR...really? Aside from Keith's video, I have never seen anyone kick ass like that on RBION ever and he is the #1 player in the world for a reason. I would love to watch someone play RBION like LOTR, including you if you think they are comparable. I usually put up 30 million plus scores on my RBION now and my top is 112 million and I have put 350 million plus up on LOTR and know my way around that game very well, but I would never compare the two. And I am talking factory settings too, not a ball saver enabled for RBION or EB's at point values or instead of replays. A factory RBION is a mean game. LOTR is way more forgiving than RBION is, it's not even close. LOTR has wide open shots that return the ball to the flippers nicely in every instance. Most everything is safe. My poorer games of LOTR are still longer than my good games of RBION. Someone who has no idea what they are doing can play for 5 minutes on LOTR, that same person on RBION would be lucky to last a couple minutes tops.

#84 9 years ago

Dude you're game is not set up right...RIBON ball times are very long. There is no game worst than STTNG for side drain.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

If you make your shots, sure. If you don't, RBION is extremely punishing.

And that leads me to..

Quoted from dkpinball:

The game has been kicking my ass, especially at the outlanes. I was almost considering narrowing them a hair. They're currently pretty much in the middle. Then I thought that it might be the rubber.

I use black rubber and the game will still bend me over if I'm not playing well. But that's the key--playing well. Making your shots. Things like that. If you are draining a lot in this game, it means you will need to make better/more accurate shots and do a better job at controlling the flow of the game (which also means shooting for safe shots and not hitting unimportant things just because it feels good to do so).

#86 9 years ago

It's gotta be the outlanes as I find the center flipper gap is pretty forgiving.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Dude you're game is not set up right...RIBON ball times are very long. There is no game worst than STTNG for side drain.

Personally I think the STTNG right drain is the most overrated thing in all of pinball. The vocal minority makes such a big deal about it and people with limited experience on the game grab onto it and repeat it like it's gospel. STTNG is my favorite game of all time. Played it on route all the time back in the day and have owned one for years and to me, it is no worse than anything else. In fact, if some people on this forum didn't make such a big deal about it, I would never have thought twice about it. The left side has a kickback which is usually lit, so of course you are going to have more right drains. If you nudge correctly, you can clear the ball from the right side the majority of the time anyway.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's gotta be the outlanes as I find the center flipper gap is pretty forgiving.

That too...that's why I said it has very long ball times.

#89 9 years ago

Both side drains are rough on RBION, but nothing like BSD. Ball times vary. On LoTR, drains can be tough off the slings, but I lose a lot down the middle. RBION sdtm is rare. Both are equally tough games in their own way. RBION right drain mainly comes from a bounce off the upper part of the scoop. Left drain comes from the sling or sometimes down from the left pops. My average score on RBION is probably 20-25 with a high of 84.

2 months later
#90 9 years ago

Finally finished the tiki mod, thanks mandelbloom! Will post on our site tonight.

5 months later
#91 9 years ago

Here are the "mods" I have picked up so far for this machine, not counting any "professionally made" ones. Now for the final step of actually getting a machine to add them to.

Dinosaur Skull... ( I only plan on using 1 of these, no need to over do it) Probably the T-rex or Triceratops.

WP_000783.jpgWP_000783.jpg

The Albino Alligator as shown in the first post by the OP.

WP_000784.jpgWP_000784.jpg

A penguin... (have to find proper scale roller skates to graft onto the feet)

WP_000785.jpgWP_000785.jpg

A Dog... I might leave this one off, not sure I like it.

WP_000786.jpgWP_000786.jpg

LED Lit Tombstones... these could be really cool for above the tombstone targets if I can figure out how to attach them and if they will light with the already installed LEDs.

WP_000787.jpgWP_000787.jpg

Ripley being eaten by a giant snake... probably will leave this one off.

WP_000788.jpgWP_000788.jpg

Human Sacrifice Gathering...

WP_000789.jpgWP_000789.jpg

Ripley and Other guy finding treasure....

WP_000790.jpgWP_000790.jpg

The Bi-Plane

WP_000791.jpgWP_000791.jpg

Female Adventurer with torch (thinking left slingshot as in LOTR hobbits)

WP_000792-559.jpgWP_000792-559.jpg

Male Adventurer ("Ripley") (thinking right slingshot as in LOTR hobbits with golum)

WP_000794.jpgWP_000794.jpg

I realize this is alot of stuff and contrary to what some of you may be thinking, I do actually have good taste. If I get the vibe once any of these are on that its too much of a "cheap toy" look. I wont be putting them on.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Now for the final step of actually getting a machine to add them to.

I have a Tiki idol that goes with the game, but isn't installed in the pics I sent you. It's the same as this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-mods-please-show-them-off#post-1595903

It makes me sad to let it go, but I haven't been playing it like it deserves. It looks like you're up to the task.

#93 9 years ago

I like the bi-plane. That's one of my favorite shots.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I have a Tiki idol that goes with the game, but isn't installed in the pics I sent you. It's the same as this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-mods-please-show-them-off#post-1595903
It makes me sad to let it go, but I haven't been playing it like it deserves. It looks like you're up to the task.

Noooooooo!

#95 9 years ago

I'm afraid so. If WOZ hadn't popped up right after I got the RBION, I'd be keeping it. As it is, I've been at 9 games since August, and my room works better with 8. That, plus I don't have the time to play all of them. I figure it's better to move it on to someone who will play it.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I like the bi-plane. That's one of my favorite shots.

Yeah I am thinking minimum of the bi-plane and the tombstones. All of the others I need to actually see in place to know if they are going to look ok or be too much.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Finally finished the tiki mod, thanks mandelbloom! Will post on our site tonight.
» YouTube video

Hey just noticed this! I was wondering if you every made it for sale Is it painted more now than the one I have, or is that just how it looks on the website?

And anytime!

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm afraid so. If WOZ hadn't popped up right after I got the RBION, I'd be keeping it. As it is, I've been at 9 games since August, and my room works better with 8. That, plus I don't have the time to play all of them. I figure it's better to move it on to someone who will play it.

The village bicycle will get a new rider...

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey just noticed this! I was wondering if you every made it for sale Is it painted more now than the one I have, or is that just how it looks on the website?
And anytime!

They are all painted now to look more wood like. Since you helped me with is mod, you probably need the updated one. Send Kristin a note at [email protected] so she has it in the system.

#100 9 years ago

Well the good news is, back in April you were going to sell this same one to me but ended up selling it more locally or to a friend. I still have the PM's So it's not like I am a total stranger I will respect it and take care of it assuming everything still goes as planned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 18.95
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-mods-please-show-them-off/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.