Bigfoot sign under image and price.jpg
Bigfoot sign next to price.jpg
Untitled.png
WP_000834.jpg
WP_000833.jpg
WP_000831.jpg
image.jpg
WP_000794.jpg
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Been looking on pinside for any cool RBION mods and I have not seen much. Seen the scoop mod to light her up and also some small penguins and a little tiki totem guy. Just bought an albino alligator, hotei statue and terra cotta lion. Not sure if I like them yet... Haven't but anything in permanently... I think I really like the albino alligator. Couldn't find a roller skating penguin! I wish their was a RBION gift shop on line with little trinkets. Here's some photos... What do you think? Not sure how to even mount! If anyone has any mods please share!!!!

Dan
image-449.jpgimage-449.jpgimage-938.jpgimage-938.jpgimage-744.jpgimage-744.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Scoop mod- purpleimage-43.jpgimage-43.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Lots of love for RBION, there just are not a lot of mods out there that are good for this title. I added a color changing LED to the Believe it or Not arrow since the yellow light kind of blends in. Normally I am not a color changing LED fan, but with this theme in this application, it looks like it should have been there from the factory. I won a purple trough LED strip at our Star Trek launch party and I put it in RBION as well. I actually think it looks good since that lower area is rather dark. I would not have paid for it, but for free I gave it a shot. The only other thing I am considering is I got one of those souvenir flattened pennies at the Ripley's in Wisconsin Dells. I was thinking of putting it in the game since it is for Ripley's and it fits the weird theme since it is a flat penny. We'll see if I ever get around to it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

No love for RBION bump....

I think their is so much going on on that playfield that not that many mods get added. Love the scoop light.

#7 10 years ago

Not a mod guy, but love RBION.

I do like the lighted scoop.

I'm starting to play around with upgraded speakers... may play around with adding a sub woofer to see how that works.

#8 10 years ago

I dont have a picture, but there is a tikki cigarette snuffer on Ebay for like $3-$4.
The hole is perfect for an LED, and it can be attached to the tikki light...Looks sharp for an under $10 Mod. If that cant be found, Ron Jon Surf Shoppes sells a Tikki Lighter, with LED red eyes...I have seen that wired too...
(Although it would be nice in a Butthead voice to add "FIRE!" to a game!)

#9 10 years ago

You have an eBay link for that snuffer... What you guys think of those mods?

#10 10 years ago

Mods above? Look ok? Looking for second opinion

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

... What you guys think of those mods?

I think if you like them on your game that's what matters. For me, it looks like some may block my view of the ball which I wouldn't care for.

#12 10 years ago

I like the Albino Alligator. Looks really cool.

#13 10 years ago

My opinion = it looks like you glued toys to the game (and I'm a mod whore). RBION doesn't need tons of mods... as stated, it has so much crammed on the playfield that the game doesn't need a whole lot (as opposed to Tron)

My RBION has mirror blades and LEDs. You can see how the tiki guy looks in the RBION fan club thread... that's pretty unobtrusive and looks okay.

Ultimately, it's your game and you can dress it up however you like!

#14 10 years ago

The one I had is gone....this is a close size, but it cant be lit easily...

ebay.com link: TIKI resin keyring keychain Hot Rod Custom Kustom Chopper Bobber

I also found only a few things to add...it is a busy game as it is...but pile it on, if it works for you....
There are a lot of Ripleys like pieces!

#15 10 years ago

I've got a shrunken head shooter for sale

rbion.jpgrbion.jpg
#16 10 years ago

Mummite has these amazing penguins that he put on his RBION. Really makes the game maybe you'll get lucky and he will post a pic. Only thing that sucks was he had to steal them from a toddler. It's ok though pretty sure she forgot about it.

#17 10 years ago

Thanks for info! Also, I have not put any of those toys/mods in game. The one I really like is the albino alligator. Any ideas how to mount it? It would go on that clear plastic. Not really sure how to do this besides super glue. It is a rubber toy. Maybe a small flat bracket I could tie into post and the I could get a screw in alligator belly. Anyone have small thin brackets? Or even idea where I could get a thin strip of metal to make my own?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Thanks for info! Also, I have not put any of those toys/mods in game. The one I really like is the albino alligator. Any ideas how to mount it? It would go on that clear plastic. Not really sure how to do this besides super glue. It is a rubber toy. Maybe a small flat bracket I could tie into post and the I could get a screw in alligator belly. Anyone have small thin brackets? Or even idea where I could get a thin strip of metal to make my own?

Draw up the bracket, I can make you one. In millimeters, please.

#19 10 years ago

If you want to put him right on the plastic a little museum putty may work as well..don't think you will notice it under him.

#20 10 years ago

Tmezel... Thanks! I'll mock something up and then PM you!

#21 10 years ago

Lit up a few things! Game is finally nice and bright!!!
image-667.jpgimage-667.jpg

#22 10 years ago

That's cool, but , only if you play in the dark.

#23 10 years ago

That loop and those two plastics are too nice looking not be seen! Ripley's is a pretty dark game and where I have all my pins is definitely not the brightest room but I prefer that. I like being able to see the loop and now this lights up all under the left ramp area. You can actually see that small super jackpot ramp.

#24 10 years ago

I put either a Purple or Green Op-Max on the shrunken head and inside...That looked Sweet too!

#25 10 years ago

I have a green 906 LED inside shrunken head! Looks cool. Purple didn't look good in there IMHO. Looked too white.... What did you "on the head"?

#26 10 years ago

I only have one LED unit in my RBION: a red super-bright 13 LED 906 inside the shrunken head. Wicked red glow from inside him now.

#27 10 years ago

Yup, Green in the Head was my choice...any type works great, (Red too) and I put a purple in the spotlight... sorry I wasnt clear.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Voltherd:

I only have one LED unit in my RBION: a red super-bright 13 LED 906 inside the shrunken head. Wicked red glow from inside him now.

Yeah been meaning to get one of the big LEDs for it. Regular 906 is far worse than a red incandecent.

#29 10 years ago

Given your photo, a good mod would be to remove those metal slingshot washers and put in either plastic protectors or clear plastic washers, so the light isn't blocked.

I had a HUO one of these, and I agree, the PF is busy enough I think out of the box.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I had a HUO one of these, and I agree, the PF is busy enough I think out of the box.

Of course it is, it's a Lawlor.

#31 10 years ago

Yeah those washers suck! Really looks bad in that photo. Going to also powder coat all the wire form ramps. Not sure if I will do them all one color, or two colors (one of each on each side of PF) or 4 different colors.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Yeah those washers suck! Really looks bad in that photo. Going to also powder coat all the wire form ramps. Not sure if I will do them all one color, or two colors (one of each on each side of PF) or 4 different colors.

Or just leave them stock. They look fine as-is.

#33 10 years ago

Wire form ramps look dull and with all the color in the game they gots to go...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Wire form ramps look dull and with all the color in the game they gots to go...

Do hot pink or neon yellow.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do hot pink or neon yellow.

I bet it would fit the crazy purple by the slings pretty well!

#36 10 years ago

Only mod I ever did that was RBION specific. Made finding the idol easier for non pinheads
P1060143.JPGP1060143.JPG

#37 10 years ago

Mandelbloom and I are working on another tiki, it will be hooked to the flasher and I am looking to integrate some EL wire around his head.

image-481.jpgimage-481.jpg

#38 10 years ago

If you are selling these sign me up for one! I think it would be cool if just the eyes lit up !

#39 10 years ago

Hopefully TIKI #2 will be here Tomm I'll test him out

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

If you are selling these sign me up for one! I think it would be cool if just the eyes lit up !

Ditto... I don't have the machine yet, but am looking for one and wouldn't want to miss my chance.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I just added this to my RBION .

DSCF0338.JPG 215 KB

Got tired of digging for the other thread with this

217890.jpg217890.jpg 217893-i.jpg217893-i.jpg
#42 10 years ago

Where can I get this airplane? Does it light up? Propeller spin?

#43 10 years ago

It doesn't spin yet, but it should. You should be able to find the airplane on amazon or ebay. Search for matchbox biplane. Its also not my mod, I don't even own the machine yet...

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Mandelbloom and I are working on another tiki, it will be hooked to the flasher and I am looking to integrate some EL wire around his head.

Lights in the eyes might be good. Also, while your at it if your using a 3d printer, a custom 3D temple add on might be something to think about, if your thinking about Ripley's mods. I realize the temple is a bit ambitious, but still would be cool.

#45 10 years ago

I am totally in for helping with a temple as well issue with the temple is there is not a lot of clearance..also you have to make sure the LED numbers are still visible etc..

The prototype idol did not arrive yet, but hopefully today. If Tim is ok with it I can post a pic of how its coming along when I get it installed for comments?

RBION has become a keeper for me, not to say it will never leave as I have a small collection but I just have not been able to bring myself to part with it

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Lights in the eyes might be good. Also, while your at it if your using a 3d printer, a custom 3D temple add on might be something to think about, if your thinking about Ripley's mods. I realize the temple is a bit ambitious, but still would be cool.

I'm good, post away. The temple is on the list.

#47 10 years ago

A temple is going to be in the works by fellow pinsider backalleymatt.......so I hear

#48 10 years ago

Cool stuff! Make sure to post here!!!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm good, post away. The temple is on the list.

Wouldn't be the first time we have made dual mods!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-mods-please-show-them-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.