• Latest reply 8 years ago by Yellowdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I've Been having a strange issue on my idol Opto in my Ripleys when the right ramp diverter coil fires it triggers the idol Opto. At first I thought it may be the right ramp switch but the problem does not happen when ball lock is activated and only seems to trip the Opto when the diverter coil fires. I just picked up this Ripleys it is home use only with only 88 plays ever so I doubt that the optos themselves are getting weak. I have tried reseating the connectors on the Opto amp boards and on the mpu and cleaned the optos and the window between them. The idol Opto does not do any other false triggers only happens when that specific coil fires any other ideas? My next step is to try to reflow the header pins on the Opto amp boards and see if that helps

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

So - what does it do in switch test ?

#3 8 years ago

Try cleaning the red insert. My idol was acting all goofy and all it took was to clean the insert and he was back to his obnoxious self.

ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-idol-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.