Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rip.jpg
rip2.jpg
rip1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone

I decided to replace a few worn pieces on my ripleys. This is the first time I have really torn into the game since I purchased it. This is my first pinball machine, so i'm learning as I go along.

I found two wires which have been covered with electrical tape. They are located under the ABC sign. One appears to be yellow and violet (purple), and the other is brown & yellow. They are apart of a zip tied group of wires near the switch 31. Just trying to figure out where they go, and properly solder them in their correct spot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Rip.jpgRip.jpg
rip1.jpgrip1.jpg
rip2.jpgrip2.jpg

#2 9 years ago

You're missing the diverter assembly. Those wires go to the coil for that assembly. The switch there tells the diverter to turn on if you've already made a right ramp shot. Diverted shots always go to B or C lanes. Non-diverted shots go to A lane. Parts 5 and 6 on pages 90 and 91 of the manual. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from Stern's website.

The left mounting hole in the ramp is broken on yours, which was common. Besides the diverter assembly, you may also need a new ramp. The diverter needs to be securely fastened or it won't work. Hope you can find the parts. That diverter is very strategic.

#3 9 years ago

Phishrace. You're a life saver. I was wondering how the ball went into different lanes. I watched a few youtube videos. I should have put two and two together.

Hopefully I can order what I need or even find them.

Thanks again!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-help-identify-two-wires and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.