Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by fusion301
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

Couldn't hurt to try a factory reset. Even the latest and greatest can be buggy with Ripley's.

#15 10 years ago

Mine never does it unless I'm playing terrible (when it's supposed to). I'm running software version 3.01.

3.01 has it's own bugs though. If you set Asia to more than 30 spins, the game will reset every time you shoot the vari-target. (don't set it over 30)

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Anyone running 3.01 and getting the random search?

Do you have me blocked?

Quoted from phishrace:

Mine never does it unless I'm playing terrible (when it's supposed to). I'm running software version 3.01.

#22 10 years ago

Just guessing, but with a software change and the issue still there, I would look closely at all the switches.

With the game in switch test, pound on the playfield with your fist and see if any switches activate.

Check all the switches (optos) on the vari-target. With the balls removed from the trough, you should only see one vari-target switch closed in switch test. Is that what you see?

If you're getting any phantom hits at all from the shrunken head optos, the idol optos, or the super optos, replace both sides of each with new ones.

I would also check the connectors on the opto boards under the playfield. Remove balls, put game into switch test, raise playfield and wiggle each of the connectors to see if any are lose. Two small boards.

Also, do you have display version 3.0? Doubt that would cause these issues, but you never know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-goes-into-ball-finder-mode-during-game-play?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.