Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wiggy07
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey all, for some reason F7 keeps blowing on my Ripley's Believe it or not. Anyone run into this one before?

#2 9 years ago

Find out what that fuse protects. Flasher, solenoid, etc.

Disconnect that connector from the board. Replace fuse. If it still blows you have a board issue, power to F7, if not, then you have an issue out in the game. Something shorted.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! I'll give it a go.

#4 9 years ago

I just took a look at the manual, and J7 is the Low Power Solenoids and Flash Lamps. There's no way to know which one(s) are pulling too much current, but like LTG says, try disconnecting both connectors first, replace the fuse, and make sure the fuse doesn't blow. If it doesn't, you could sacrifice one fuse and connect one of the two connectors to figure out whether it's one of the solenoids or if it's a flasher.

#5 9 years ago

If you narrow down to flasher or solenoid. Open coin door, replace fuse. Go to Tests, pull out high power interlock on coin door. Step through flasher or coils one at a time until you pop the fuse.

Replace or fix the one that took out the fuse.

LTG : )™

2 weeks later
#6 9 years ago

Ok, so I finally had the time to check it out. Every time you hit the ratcheting feature, f7 fries. Not sure why... can't see any shorts.

#7 9 years ago

I had the same thing in my Attack From Mars. I know its a Williams game and Ripleys is a Stern game. I checked everywhere and thought the problem of my machine blowing F7 fuse (Flashers for the UFO's and middle arrow in front of spaceship) was on the MPU board. Turns out that I had to replace the upper right UFO flasher on the playfield. Doing this repair I had to take out the ramp that is behind the UFO on the playfield. I discovered that the last time when I removed the ramp, I must have pinched the wire going to one of the switches either with a screw or the ramp itself during the last install of the ramp. In the end , it wasn't a problem with the MPU board but a wire was getting pinched causing the fuse to blow. The flashers worked great in test mode but when I went to Multi-Ball, the flashers slowly dimmed and F7 blew. I posted the story on my blog with pics. Hopefully you may be having the same thing on your Ripleys. Good Luck

http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/attack-from-mars-repair-f107-fuse-keeps-blowing/

Quoted from Criator:

Ok, so I finally had the time to check it out. Every time you hit the ratcheting feature, f7 fries. Not sure why... can't see any shorts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-f7-fuse-keeps-blowing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.