• Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221021_171300.jpg
#1 1 year ago

Need some help troubleshooting an odd quirk in my RBION. If I lock one or two balls, then drain / end a game without actually starting multiball - on game end it doesn't eject the one or two balls i have locked. Switches work because it can tell how many are locked towards multiball. Starting a new game will kick them out, and game goes into ball search till they drop in the trough. Any suggestions are appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

I'd start by reseating the connectors to the small opto boards at the end of the ball trough.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Will it shoot the balls out after a minute?

Latest software version? Because latest code mine will just start the game and keep the balls locked

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

On my Ripleys if there are balls in the lock awaiting multi ball and game ends, after a minute or so it kicks them out.

#4 1 year ago

I'll reseat and report back. Also I'll check software version. Oddly enough - it does almost like..lag for lack of abetter word when you start a game in kicking out a ball. dunno if that helps narrow it down.

#5 1 year ago

How does one check the software version on that game? I flipped through a bunch of diagnostic screens, couldnt' find it. Power on tells me the display version but not the software version oddly.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from tommyp:

How does one check the software version on that game?

Hit the enter button, maybe it pops up there ?

LTG : )

#7 1 year ago

Says it when you turn the machine on, and probably when you enter test

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Says it when you turn the machine on, and probably when you enter test

It oddly doesn't. My met and JP do. This just says a display version which i've always found odd.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from tommyp:

It oddly doesn't. My met and JP do. This just says a display version which i've always found odd.

Right after rhe 3.00 display version.
I had 2 balls locked when I started up the machine, it kicked them both out and said locating balls until they went in. Seema normal

20221021_171300.jpg20221021_171300.jpg
#10 1 year ago

So with fastboot enabled, the cpu version doesnt display. Disabled fastboot, have the aforementioned CPU 3.2. All connections look seated. Friend of mine in ohio has one - said anything he had locked sits there for like 2 or 3 min. I'll have to check mine - perhaps it's just normal?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from tommyp:

- perhaps it's just normal?

Quoted from TheLaw:

...Seema normal

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-end-of-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.