• Latest reply 11 years ago by Gorgar1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!ripleys.jpg
#1 11 years ago

My RBION came with some white and some amber/yellow lights at the back bulb strip above the playfield. Manual doesn't mention a color so I assume they are just white? Just want to make it factory.

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

I'll check later tonight and let you know what mine has I know there not white.

Peter

#3 11 years ago

Cool thanks

#4 11 years ago

I picked up a RBION about 5 months ago and it had Red and Yellow colored bulbs (alternating colors) The game had been alot of burned out bulbs and flashers all over the game, so I assume that those back bulbs had been there for years. I replaced the back bulbs with Red and Orange 2LED bulbs from Cointaker (not the expensive non-ghosting ones) and it looks pretty close to the old painted bulbs that came with the game when I bought it and it actually lights up the back of the game nicely and not too much color. I know someone that bought a RBION just over a year ago that had purple and blue painted bulbs in the back that was just too dark and he changed them to regular clear.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My RBION came with some white and some amber/yellow lights at the back bulb strip above the playfield. Manual doesn't mention a color so I assume they are just white? Just want to make it factory.
Thanks!

Mine came with alternating yellow and blue LEDs on that strip. I replaced them all with standard white bulbs which is how it was from the factory.

#6 11 years ago

The RBION I picked up had red and yellow bulbs. Pretty sure it came from the factory that way as it was fresh off route and I highly doubt the operator gave a shit about adding colored bulbs back there.

#7 11 years ago

Hmmm...this seems to be more tricky than it should be.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...this seems to be more tricky that it should be.

It the pinball arcade simulations for Xbox and such, they are all one color. Either all yellow or white...can't tell for sure.

#9 11 years ago

Mine had yellow and red colored bulbs. Replaced them with green ablaze leds. Looks just right now.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Mine had yellow and red colored bulbs. Replaced them with green ablaze leds. Looks just right now.

From another post in RGP, looks like it was red and yellow colored bulbs from the factory.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

From another post in RGP, looks like it was red and yellow colored bulbs from the factory.

Great, thanks!

#12 11 years ago

Mine has all green painted globes in there? are they just standard globes I may change back to white to brighten the back PF up.

Peter

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

are they just standard globes I may change back to white to brighten the back PF up.
Peter

Seems it's red & yellow are standard form the factory...maybe

How can it be this confusing? Online manual doesn't show any colors attached to them as far as I can tell. They are just normal 44/47s.

Or painted 44/47 as the case may be.

#14 11 years ago

Definitely alternating red and yellow ones from the factory. Mine was the same way, and so was another friend's machine.....

#15 11 years ago

Yes, the correct bulbs are alternating red and yellow 44's. Can be found in the RBION manual blue pages 96 and 97.(Back Panel Individual Parts) Wally

#16 11 years ago

Thanks!

Red and yellow alternate for the win. Here is a pic for a NIB RBION after the box opening ceremony...

!ripleys.jpg!ripleys.jpg

#17 11 years ago

Thanks everyone. Looks like it wasn't such a bad topic to bring up, little confusion.

#18 11 years ago

The manual does call this out, but it's tricky to find. You need to look at the 'sub assembly drawing' for the 'Back Panel' in the blue pages part. Maybe this link will work:

http://www.sternpinball.com/RBION/97.html

It shows item #7 and #8 alternating, and they are, indeed, yellow and red #44 bulbs.

#19 11 years ago

Yeah I don't have an actual manual and tried looking through the online one but couldn't find it.
It was there in the depths though; good find.

1 week later
#20 11 years ago

Cheers guys I'll be putting mine back to factory, are 44's and 47's the same globe?

Peter

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks!

I bought mine NIB and it had red and yellow alternating.

Chris

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Cheers guys I'll be putting mine back to factory, are 44's and 47's the same globe?
Peter

Yes they will both work. I believe 47 are a bit dimmer. Perosnally I've never really noticed a ton of difference though.

#23 11 years ago

Red and Yellow NIB

#24 11 years ago

Cool I'll order red and yellows-44's for some reason are hard to get in Australia but there's heaps of 47's around so I'll grab those thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-bulbs-back-of-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.