(Topic ID: 83791)

RBION arrival...shhhh it is here AND it is rather awesome!

By The_Gorilla

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

RBION will finally be here in the next couple of hours. Thank God I cleaned a space in my game room last night! Thanks to rooftop a bit early for the sale.

#2 10 years ago

glad to hear it

#3 10 years ago

Such a great game. Hope you enjoy it!

#4 10 years ago

I feel like the bride left at the alter. ( I think? I don't really have any experience to empathize with...) the truck never came. Or called. Sigh. Hey what's another 24 hours?

#5 10 years ago

That sucks. I had to call the local shipping company twice in the last week for my Luci shipment... once because they got the wrong street and wrong phone number, and a second time to make sure the driver didn't get the old bill with my old phone number!

Maybe something like that happened? You'll have your game asap.

#6 10 years ago

Congrats. Fun game.

#7 10 years ago

Bought one 3 days ago myself I'm still in Tare down mode awesome game bro

#8 10 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ripleys-rbion-calling-all-roller-skating-penguins

Welcome to the club! It really is a special game I enjoy way more than I thought I would. I added mirror blades, LEDs, and a few spotlights to brighten her up.

#9 10 years ago

Picked one up a few weeks ago, great game!

#10 10 years ago

sorry to hear about the delay, its worth the wait

#11 10 years ago

The best game in my collection thus far.

#12 10 years ago

Enjoy it! It's #1 on my wish list right now. Love the theme and the game.

Has anyone EVER collected all of the Ripley's letters? The modes are hard to complete.

#13 10 years ago

IT'S HERE!! Currently looking for the lucky person who gets to help carry it in...

Note to Rooftop, it came through the delivery in awesome shape. Thanks again!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

IT'S HERE!! Currently looking for the lucky person who gets to help carry it in...
Note to Rooftop, it came through the delivery in awesome shape. Thanks again!

The bride that was left at the altar is about to be carried across the threshhold. Congratulations

#15 10 years ago

great news, can't wait till you play it, you will love it, a true sleeper.

#16 10 years ago

First impressions. Even having watched the BKerins tutorial I still feel like I have no clue what I am doing. And...I am no Bowen...

#17 10 years ago

Keep at it Gorilla! Takes a bit to hit but when it does oh momma!!!!

#19 10 years ago

BEST GAME EVER!

#20 10 years ago

The game is good at telling you what to hit, and watch the flashing inserts. Idea is to hit the vario target or the scoop to visit a continent, then complete them. Each completion awards a letter. It's pretty tough to do. The temple gives bonuses and modes. There is the penguin jackpot shot, ripoff, bozo....and more.

#21 10 years ago

I have the game level but the Temple still seems not level. I haven't looked at it yet but is there a hint to fixing that?

#22 10 years ago

You wrote you have the game level....did you check just the cabinet? Make sure you also put a level on the pf itself...could make a difference for you. Have fun! Tough game to 'beat' for sure. My goal is at LEAST to get to Atlantis...then I'll worry about Frog Frenzy. Hopefully in what's left of my lifetime. : )

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Make sure you also put a level on the pf itself.

Yep, that is where I level. But, it doesn't hurt to ask...

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Tough game to 'beat' for sure.

Yeah, I don't foresee this as being one that my casual pin friends/family will flock to. Means I made a great choice IMO!

#24 10 years ago

i think the game plays best with the play field on the steeper side,

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

i think the game plays best with the play field on the steeper side,

I have it set at 7 degrees right now. I will say again, thanks Rooftop! I haven't even scratched the surface of this title and I am already swaying toward Top 10 fave territory...

#26 10 years ago

Just hit 75 mil. Had all continents visited, but couldn't finish. Had like 60 idols and 30 jewels, spelled R I P L.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I have the game level but the Temple still seems not level. I haven't looked at it yet but is there a hint to fixing that?

Use washers on top of the long standoff below and right of the C lane (below the ramp). Even perfectly leveled, most diverted balls will still go down the C lane. If you're getting too many down the B lane, lower the right side.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just hit 75 mil. Had all continents visited, but couldn't finish. Had like 60 idols and 30 jewels, spelled R I P L.

That's a heckuva score. I've had mine for almost three months, and the highest I've scored is about 22 mil.

Quoted from phishrace:

Use washers on top of the long standoff below and right of the C lane (below the ramp). Even perfectly leveled, most diverted balls will still go down the C lane. If you're getting too many down the B lane, lower the right side.

It sucks to keep getting 'road trip' every time, doesn't it? Damn B lane

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

That's a heckuva score. I've had mine for almost three months, and the highest I've scored is about 22 mil.

It sucks to keep getting 'road trip' every time, doesn't it? Damn B lane

I hit 20k on average every game, 3 ball. I have outlanes set to mostly narrow. I had them wide, but it was nasty. Extra ball at 12k, all other settings factory.

Edit: 12 and 20 MILLION

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I hit 20k on average every game, 3 ball. I have outlanes set to mostly narrow. I had them wide, but it was nasty. Extra ball at 12k, all other settings factory.

Er, 20M and 12M

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Thanks! I almost have it perfect. Finally had a 20 mil+ game. So much to do. Gonna play it for a week then tinker with lights and tweaks.

#32 10 years ago

Congrats to you! A great and underrated game!

#33 10 years ago

One thing I notice on this game is that glare is really bad. I put a strip of painters tape across the back box bulb and it helped a lot. I also have a homemade dmd glare guard.

#34 10 years ago

This game is a better TZ in my opinion...congrats and don't let it go.

#35 10 years ago

Gorilla: couple of mods suggestions..one is the scoop light. (look for the post here on pinside), the other is the blue lights in the spot light on the shrunken head..I'm also looking to add a light on the plastic above the idol magnet.

2 months later
#36 9 years ago

Thanks for all of the tips and pointers, friends. I revisited this thread to mention one more thing. When I go to sell this game, some one please remind me what an asinine mistake that would be!

#37 9 years ago

Yeah, that would be dumb. Don't sell it. Unless it's for a nicer one, then we'll let it slide.

#38 9 years ago

RBION is probably the most under rated pin in terms of gameplay.

#39 9 years ago

I still need to tune mine in some more. The shots all feel like they are off a degree or 2. Yet, the ball seems to roll straight down the field so who knows? I will mess with it later. Sadly, probably not until the end of summer.

#40 9 years ago

At first, it isn't a "one more game" type of game because it's too hard and pisses you off. But, once you know what to do, it's definitely a "one more game" type of game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 45.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-arrivalt-2-and-counting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.