Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1060114.JPG
P1060116.JPG
SAM_0034.JPG
SAM_0022.JPG
SAM_0026.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I have not mounted the idol or penguins, but that's about where I'd put em. Idol over the idol magnet and the penguins are over the penguin loop. <<< just in case you aren't familiar with Ripley's. This is about as accurate as I can find to duplicate the idol (would like slightly larger). Looks close and it's actually a cigarette snuffer I believe. Yes, I did change the pops to yellow from red. Too much red on the PF IMO. I tried green also and they looked good. Still trying to decide if I like or not?

What do you think, mount the figures? Change the pop caps back to red? Just looking for honest feedback.

Plus, you know you are just waiting around for Avengers pics like me probably

SAM_0026.JPGSAM_0026.JPG SAM_0022.JPGSAM_0022.JPG SAM_0034.JPGSAM_0034.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I like the idol but not a big fan of the yellow pop caps.... Green seems like a better choice

#3 11 years ago

Thanks. My GF said the same thing. I thought it might go a little better since some of the inserts are yellow and art on PF as well. Green matched the leaves and such pretty well on PF. Was also worried about creating a Christmas pin, with the red ramps and green pops

#4 11 years ago

Looks good RBION has so much going on I wasent sure at first but they are small enough.

#5 11 years ago

like everything....

where did you fine the Idol figure...

I wuld take one of those for sure...

LMK if you could....

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Idol over the idol magnet... This is about as accurate as I can find to duplicate the idol (would like slightly larger). Looks close and it's actually a cigarette snuffer I believe.

No, that's perfect. I'm not a fan of mods, but I really like that one. The game often encourages you to 'shoot the idol', but there's no toy in that area to remind the player where the idol is. The flasher and inserts go off during modes, but that's not enough. That snuffer is perfect. I'll be looking for one of those. Thanks.

I also want to add a small (tasteful) nose ring to the shrunken head, but everything else I'll leave factory. Ripley's is already too busy without jamming more stuff in there. TZ in a skinny cab, as they say. Changing pop bumper caps is cool, but don't go too nuts. It's hard enough to keep up with the game as-is.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks guys. The idol was on Ebay, I found it for $3.50 shipped, lol. It looks great and there are more. I fabricated a "L" bracket and used the empty hole at back of plastic above idol.

Ebay Idol link- ebay.com link: Cigarette Snuffer Smoke Stopper Tiki Man NO Smoke Smolder Stinky Fingers

Final pictures of idol P1060116.JPGP1060116.JPG P1060114.JPGP1060114.JPG

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for the eBay link...... I just grabbed one for mine

#9 11 years ago

Good looking out Toasterdog. I'm really not in the mood for mods much anymore, but for $4 this isn't too gawdy or anything.

At some point we are going to have to do something aboot the whole scoop area though...it is just a mess.

1 year later
#10 10 years ago

I need a tester in the US to fit an tiki idol I made.

#11 10 years ago

I can do it, I actually have this machine now the one from this post

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I can do it, I actually have this machine now the one from this post

You got it.

3 weeks later
#13 10 years ago

We are getting closer, first test fit done, second is in the works. Plan is to have it interact with the game.

#14 10 years ago

I also could test for you mezel.

OP I worked on both of these things we made a mold for an idol and I thought about making some ice skating penquins also. Beat me too it.

I think it looks good. Nice job

#15 10 years ago

This is a pretty simple size fit testing mod. Send me a note at [email protected] and I will put you on the list for the AFM illuminated drop target testing list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-add-ons-yea-or-nay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.