Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Blitz7734
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Okay, Ripleys playing great... I say to myself "this thing is a tank, never a problem" then of course...

Here are the symptoms..
The Temple Digital Displays aren't all displaying (similar to TSPP TV screen)
At start up no ball is launched.
If ball is launched, during game play the flippers, at times, lose power ball drains and no ball is launched.

I unplugged all wires and removed and inspected the CPU/sound board....
Once reinstalled everything worked great, for three games.
I left the machine on for about 2 hours while I went to dinner.
When I came back the same ol problems arose.

Any thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

Hey there, I'm doing up mine at the moment, my techs cmn around next week to resolve, I've only had it a few weeks, but when I received it, it had alot of problems.
Are you running the latest Roms, that's what I'm changing soon in mine at moment it's running 2.00 so that could be half my trouble there.
I got mine off romping girl ebay, go to the actual ebay store to get complete set. About $60
My flippers lose power also, shrunken head magnet doesn't fling ball, balls don't fly out in multiball. Frustrating!!!!
I'm getting new mag core for head and optos, was also considering changing magnet coil too.....?

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the response!
I currently am running display 3.00 and code 3.20. I believe that is the most current. What is strange though is that when turning on the machine to check, it seems to work fine, but after some time (several games, or just in attract mode) it stops working.... like its too hot or something.

*shrugs*

#4 9 years ago

So putting a timer to the game on and working 99% (99% because shoot again insert will not work at beginning of new ball - used to, now only lights during multiball timed beginning and actual shoot again on extra ball)
I played continuously for 40± min before the ball would no longer launch. Everything else seemed to be working, so I reached into the machine and launched the balls manually.
During game play, at this point:
I would randomly lose flipper power
The Temple displays were failing
Different inserts would no longer light (not randomly, just would not light at all)
The Idol would randomly activate
All ball launchers (RBION Scoop, Multiball Lock Launch, and Continent start at vari push target as well as Head magnet throw all seemed to work.

I turned the game off and at 30±min turned it back on, things seemed normal again, the temple displays didn't start working right away but the ball launched and the displays worked properly at game start

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.