New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 105297)

RAZA spot for sale/takeover

By Redeyes

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Redeyes
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

skeptic.jpg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Would take it if Jpop could guarantee production in next few months.
But I personally doubt it gets produced before the end of next year.
GLWS

Since you have no clue maybe you should call John himself and find out straight from the horses mouth. If you are truly interested. What would you base your "doubts" on it getting produced before the end of the year? Nothing

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since you have no clue maybe you should call John himself and find out straight from the horses mouth. If you are truly interested. What would you base your "doubts" on it getting produced before the end of the year? Nothing

It's mid-October. Tick-Tock

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've been playing CV for years.

And you're not sick and tired of the ringmasters all having the same voice?
I seriously beat the game the first night I owned it.
WCS94? SWEP1? Yes I own it so SHHH. Didn't say I enjoy it. LOL

I just don't find many of his games enjoyable in the code sense. Not every game in the top 15 I like. In fact only about 1/2 of them I would own.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

What ringmasters? It's not plural. There's one. It's not a Ringmaster named Razz and a Ringmaster named Frenzy, etc. It's the Ringmaster's Razz, the Ringmaster's Frenzy.

Carry on.

#55 6 years ago

Let's. Shutting up.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I seriously beat the game the first night I owned it.
WCS94? SWEP1? Yes I own it so SHHH. Didn't say I enjoy it. LOL
I just don't find many of his games enjoyable in the code sense. Not every game in the top 15 I like. In fact only about 1/2 of them I would own.

Define beat...it's easy to make a game tougher. Crank the back legs, open the outlanes, change the rules, etc...

The CV code is as good or better than most 90s games.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's mid-October. Tick-Tock

He was saying end of 2015! Yes my beer bet with RD is in a little bit of trouble unless MG counts

#58 6 years ago

Does anyone know if JPOP's games will be at expo? I know there was talk of a big reveal a few weeks ago just wondering if it will be at expo? If it's revealed at expo to the public before on the blog to owners I will be pretty let down since not everyone can make it to Chicago. John won't answer any questions regarding timeliness on the RAZA blog (keeps deflecting) and the MG blog hasn't been updated in over 5 weeks.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Does anyone know if JPOP's games will be at expo? I know there was talk of a big reveal a few weeks ago just wondering if it will be at expo? If it's revealed at expo to the public before on the blog to owners I will be pretty let down since not everyone can make it to Chicago. John won't answer any questions regarding timeliness on the RAZA blog (keeps deflecting) and the MG blog hasn't been updated in over 5 weeks.

I'll pm you sunday

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

My thoughts exactly! I have never understood this argument. Yeah TATAN has a few glitches and the wizard mode in TOM is a little less than wizardly but CV has a ruleset as deep, if not deeper, than almost anything else from the era. And to be honest, I could take issue with some part of the code on any game. Rarely is anything perfect for everyone. I could stack the multiballs in CV from now until the end of time. The game never gets old.

Yep, CV has the best ruleset of any JPop pin in my opinion, followed by WCS. CV and TOM are superb shooting pins, with TOM having perhaps the best flow of almost any pin made.

Unfortunately the code on TOM and TOTAN prevent those pins from being in my collection long term

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

TOTAN, TOM and CV are currently ranked #9, #10 and #15 on the Pinside Top 100. Need I say more?

what I think, John is not trying hang with 17 year old games, he wants these games to be way better. If that will happen, I don't know, but it's possible his new games could be far superior than other 17 year old games.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'll pm you sunday

Much appreciated!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

my prediction is that JPop will show some beautiful art pieces which will blow people away.

questions will still remain as to how they will ever get built

with that said I'm still looking for one to buy

Post edited by kapper

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

John is not trying hang with 17 year old games, he wants these games to be way better. If that will happen, I don't know, but it's possible his new games could be far superior than other 17 year old games.

Can anybody make something that's better than 17~20 year old games? So far, no.

To think that JPop can do what has taken 20 years to do, is a joke.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'll pm you sunday

PDX I'm living thru you this weekend, please keep me posted on all things JPOP (especially RAZA)
I'm hoping your going to tour JPOP's lair

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

!? I've been playing CV for years. I could play TOM all day long. Their popularity kind of discounts your notion that they have no replay factor.

Obviously this is an opinion thing, but I agree with him. Just sold my last JPOP game today... WCS94 out the door. I've owned CV, TOTAN and SWep1; don't miss any of them and ToM never interested me in the first place. All his games are really pretty and WCS is a blast, but none of them keep me coming back. Especially compared to newer games like IM and ACDC and Metallica.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

but CV has a ruleset as deep, if not deeper, than almost anything else from the era. And to be honest, I could take issue with some part of the code on any game. Rarely is anything perfect for everyone. I could stack the multiballs in CV from now until the end of time. The game never gets old.

Thank Cameron, not Jpop, for the good rules. And even those cannot save the game. CV is a three shot game: ramp, left orbit and the ringmaster. Except for specific situations, the two inner loop shots and the right orbit are useless. You'll hit the lite lock targets while shooting the ramp and left orbit, and nothing else is needed to plow through the game. Yes, the multiball stacking is fun, but after 8 years, yea it DOES get old

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

with that said I'm still looking for one to buy

Which one, MG or RAZA?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

PDX I'm living thru you this weekend, please keep me posted on all things JPOP (especially RAZA)
I'm hoping your going to tour JPOP's lair

me too bud! you know all the ones i'm waiting on!

#70 6 years ago

Of course

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Code has always been JPOPs downfall. His machines are truly gorgeous and the layouts are different and enjoyable but there's no replay factor in them IMHO.

I think the code is fun, but you could say scoring isn't well balanced. But.... I play more for fun (trying to get all modes i.e. and playing them well (making the required shots) at home. In competition, it'd be different, in a bar I sometimes aim for a replay or high score as well, so it differs for what purpose I play.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spoken to him on several occasions, homey..

#73 6 years ago

Obviously not Holmes! 2 yrs ago

Expo only a few days.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Obviously not Holmes! 2 yrs ago
Expo only a few days.

How long did it take JJP to ship out WOZ? With all his technological support and manpower? I paid for WOZ 1/11 and received the game 6/13.

I think Jpop is plugging along pretty well. He's making "custom pinballs", never planned or intended to ship to the masses. Input from the buyers has been encouraged all along the way and many ideas incorporated into the game. That was made clear the buyers up front. If that's wasn't what you were looking for then he made it clear that these projects were probably not for you.

I'm in for RAZA #7 and more excited than ever to see what's coming.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

How long did it take JJP to ship out WOZ? With all his technological support and manpower? I paid for WOZ 1/11 and received the game 6/13.
I think Jpop is plugging along pretty well. He's making "custom pinballs", never planned or intended to ship to the masses. Input from the buyers has been encouraged all along the way and many ideas incorporated into the game. That was made clear the buyers up front. If that's wasn't what you were looking for then he made it clear that these projects were probably not for you.
I'm in for RAZA #7 and more excited than ever to see what's coming.

Dude, I was in on Woz from day one and in on RAZA from day one. I clearly understand patience and greatness. Plus I'm getting MG and AIW

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, I was in on Woz from day one and in on RAZA from day one. I clearly understand patience and greatness. Plus I'm getting MG and AIW

I knew I should have read the thread more closely before using "quote" reply!

1 week later
#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ยป YouTube video

Forget ac/dc and MET that man singing is a perfect theme for the next pre pay game

#79 6 years ago

Happy Friday

1 week later
#81 5 years ago

Bump and willing to take $500 off deposit. Need cash for new home

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Plus I'm getting MG and AIW

I like your optimism.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Obviously this is an opinion thing, but I agree with him. Just sold my last JPOP game today... WCS94 out the door. I've owned CV, TOTAN and SWep1; don't miss any of them and ToM never interested me in the first place. All his games are really pretty and WCS is a blast, but none of them keep me coming back. Especially compared to newer games like IM and ACDC and Metallica.

I approve this message.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Jpop's pins are more than just "pretty". His layouts are usually excellent and creative, not the same cookie cutter design repeated over and over like some other designers. Most of his designs shoot great, are smooth and have no clunkiness to them. TOM is the best flowing DMD out there.

The only criticism I have of his pins is the code. WCS94 and CV (home rom) have pretty decent code/rules, but the others are lacking a bit. Not really JPop's fault.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Jpop's pins are more than just "pretty". His layouts are usually excellent and creative, not the same cookie cutter design repeated over and over like some other designers. Most of his designs shoot great, are smooth and have no clunkiness to them. TOM is the best flowing DMD out there.
The only criticism I have of his pins is the code. WCS94 and CV (home rom) have pretty decent code/rules, but the others are lacking a bit. Not really JPop's fault.

Well said. If the code is not great this time it will be his fault.

1 month later
#86 5 years ago

Christmas bump dont forget $500.00 off deposit! my loss is your gain

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside