84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombieyeti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2473 2 years ago

I feel for all of the victims of Jpop/DeepRoot etc. That includes employees that no doubt looked past evident problems for their love of pinball.
Hindsight is 20/20 but there was foresight here too which makes it worse.

I was visited by Jpop in 2016 and asked to finish the art for all of the projects I had started with him. (Some never seen to this day) I was trying to be nice but indicating I had no desire. His attempt to persuade (read: manipulate) me was to insult my work on Ghostbusters ('Not your best work'). I told him it was produced in 6 months, and existed, and was real.

Regardless, eventually Robert reached out an I was pretty flippant and probably insulting by saying I NEVER wanted to work with John again and anyone who would want to was crazy. Needless to say, litigation was bandied around and eventually I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with any of the work I had done.

It was clear RM had little clue what he was getting into back then - but it's been how much time now? Seeing the alleged criminality is no big surprise in hindsight.... Narcissistic opportunists tend to take other folks for a ride to their benefit...

I just hope this saga is finally done...? Maybe?

Quoted from Cheeks:

Does anyone have a bridge to sell me? You don't even need a compelling sales pitch, apparently.
I'm an original Zidware customer, burned by Jpop. I decided to gamble on deeproot. Went for it with the Xtra. Figured even if I didn't like it, it was rare and I could sell it for a modest profit as compensation for my pain and suffering. Whoops!
I'm pissed, but whatever. I'd be REALLY pissed if I didn't realize it was a gamble I decided to take (could be read as my ignorance).
So anyway. Idiot alert! Send me your hugely expensive scams, I'm sure I'll bite.
Paging any Princes from Nigeria - I'll pay you cash for that check you can't cash.

#2484 2 years ago

Thanks - that's the way I looked at it. I can't say it enough - but the folks at Stern that I've worked with have the same passion and drive to make something special that I do. George Gomez & Greg Freres in particular have done everything they can to give me the means to produce at the highest level possible. Add incredible teams led by incredible designers and I have to be the luckiest guy in pinball.

(BTW - my secret is that I'm terrified of letting people down - so technically I'm internally miserable and push myself until it's over lol)

Off the record - Can't wait to share the current project some day

Quoted from frolic:

What a piece of garbage (him, not your work).
And look at the entire body of work you've had the opportunity to finish while with Stern. Thousands and thousands of games in the world with your artwork.
Good job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombieyeti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=zombieyeti and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.