84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Sorry to derail the thread for a moment...
[quoted image]
30 years ago today...damn...Metallica’s “Black Album” was released. I was 14 years old and my Mom drove me to the local “record” store and I bought my very first album, the Black Album, on cassette. I cannot stress enough how this album changed my life and I know it did for so many others. It is an absolute masterpiece from start to finish and changed the landscape of heavy music forever!

Random segue! I was about 14 as well and also had the cassette. My first was Dr. feelgood but this was the first time anything I listened to was on the radio or mtv, other than Headbangers Ball. Damn, 30 years ago.

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, as cheesy as that whole album was, it had some pretty damn good music. Could listen front to back and not get bored. I put it among Crue's best.

It wasn't cheesy back then though, it was like "omg they're sober, they're SERIOUS!" LOL. I absolutely remember the first time I heard Kickstart my Heart in 6th grade, headphones on my nerdy, virgin ears at my "cool" friend's house at a sleepover. He also got me into Danzig, and Zep, which I was not ready for for another 10 years!

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If it plays kickstart my heart on repeat, yeah! What else is there? Shout at the devil? Lol

Well if it's just "the hits", you've got:

Live Wire
Too Fast for Love
Looks that Kill
Shout at the Devil
Smokin' in the Boys' Room (which is a cover)
Home Sweet Home
Wild Side
Girls, Girls
Dr Feelgood
Kickstart
Don't Go Away Mad
Without You
Primal Scream

Even their last album "Saints of Los Angeles" had a couple really killer tracks.. although the majority was REAL bad.

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I deserved it huh. You keep telling yourself that while you go back to the DR thread to justify your inability to show some decent etiquette.

Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, I probably did, you clearly deserved it. It's nuts to think people like yourself think I don't want you to get a game. Of course we do, it's just seems completely obvious it won't happen. Zidware 2.0. This thread will soon be re-titled, RAZA post-scammed.
To be clear, I hope you and every buyer get your game. I don't have your money.

You guys have had enough, move on or take it to PMs

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:GNR is awesome. Jurassic Park also really really good. Mando... Meh.
The Stranger Things projector works quite well in person. It's a very cool idea I hope Stern or other explore the concept more. (demogorgan shot sucks though)

I think projection mapping is a whole new area that could be an enhancement to existing playfields or to new games; I’m really looking forward to seeing innovation on that angle

#2412 2 years ago

I am having a hard time understanding why people are still working there at all if they are not being paid? Or does furloughed mean they are not even working and possibly have found other jobs?

#2455 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Does anyone have a bridge to sell me? You don't even need a compelling sales pitch, apparently.
I'm an original Zidware customer, burned by Jpop. I decided to gamble on deeproot. Went for it with the Xtra. Figured even if I didn't like it, it was rare and I could sell it for a modest profit as compensation for my pain and suffering. Whoops!
I'm pissed, but whatever. I'd be REALLY pissed if I didn't realize it was a gamble I decided to take (could be read as my ignorance).
So anyway. Idiot alert! Send me your hugely expensive scams, I'm sure I'll bite.
Paging any Princes from Nigeria - I'll pay you cash for that check you can't cash.

Sorry man…

#2486 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I feel for all of the victims of Jpop/DeepRoot etc. That includes employees that no doubt looked past evident problems for their love of pinball.
Hindsight is 20/20 but there was foresight here too which makes it worse.
I was visited by Jpop in 2016 and asked to finish the art for all of the projects I had started with him. (Some never seen to this day) I was trying to be nice but indicating I had no desire. His attempt to persuade (read: manipulate) me was to insult my work on Ghostbusters ('Not your best work'). I told him it was produced in 6 months, and existed, and was real.
Regardless, eventually Robert reached out an I was pretty flippant and probably insulting by saying I NEVER wanted to work with John again and anyone who would want to was crazy. Needless to say, litigation was bandied around and eventually I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with any of the work I had done.
It was clear RM had little clue what he was getting into back then - but it's been how much time now? Seeing the alleged criminality is no big surprise in hindsight.... Narcissistic opportunists tend to take other folks for a ride to their benefit...
I just hope this saga is finally done...? Maybe?

This undying monster must really be frustrating. What do you mean by “litigation was bandied about”? As in, he tried to threaten you into working with JPOP again?

#2488 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He never intended to produce pinball machines. It was always a scam. If anything, the incompetence we saw at every turn - the horrible layout, the stupid malfunctioning pinbar, the pinpod that won’t fit through your door - all that stuff was probably More of a feature than a bug.
Ever seen “The Producers?”
The game, and everything about this project, was so awful it seemed like it was DESIGNED to fail.
Well, maybe it actually was!

Next sidestep game: Hitler in Springtime confirmed!!

#2704 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I imagine that's a bulk of the loss. I wonder exactly what percentages went where, and if that will eventually be disclosed way down the road.
You'd have to wonder if money was also shifted elsewhere.

It WAS, although not necessarily in the way you meant. RM “pierced the corporate veil” by spending it like it was his money, and that is a big no-no, and probably the EASIEST thing not to do when dealing with others’ money.

#2707 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I was just catching up via this article.
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/21/game-over-for-deeproot-pinball/
This is literally the worst case scenario of this situation, in any and every imaginable way.

Absolutely, what a train wreck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.