84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nomonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

******** WARNING WARNING WARNING ********

This was/is a SCAM orchestrated by Robert Mueller of deeproot Pinball.

If you are new to pinball and/or this thread, please read through at least the key posts (at the top) for cliff notes on how this has played out. The main purpose of this thread is to now warn those unaware of the risks involved in giving money to a startup and what to expect.

All of that said, if you take anything away from this thread it should be:

DO NOT TRUST ROBERT MUELLER, JOHN POPADIUK (JPOP), NOR DEEPROOT PINBALL!

******** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ********

IMPORTANT: If you have concerns regarding the DocuSign agreement required to purchase the game, please read the Deeproot FAQ found in the yellow box at the top of this page
https://deeprootpinball.com/shop/machines

Starting a thread to allow people that have pre-ordered RAZA to discuss their purchase outside of the general Deeproot thread.

I get that there are a lot of opinions regarding Deeproot and/or the people that are purchasing RAZA however I kindly ask that you take those opinions to a different thread.

I'd be interested to hear which edition and options you have selected and if you paid in full or put down a deposit; if you're willing to share.

As for me I've put down a deposit on an Xtra edition with a screen protector only (no pinpod). I'm serial #100045.

Truly looking forward to receiving this beautiful game and supporting Deeproot in their initial launch!

FAQ

I'd like to keep track of frequently asked questions regarding RAZA. This is an effort to provide some clarity with actual responses from Deeproot themselves. If you have any questions/answers to add to this list, let me know.

Open allOrders I only put down a deposit for the game. Will the remaining payment be expected prior to building my game or after? We will contact you about 2 weeks prior to shipping for the final payment giving you time to make arrangements.

If I were to pay my full balance now, would that change anything regarding when my game would be produced? We will assign order and priority based on full over deposit orders. I would not expect a drastic change in the queue order though.

When should I realistically expect my game to ship? The first games should be leaving in mid to late Jan for US orders. There still are some supply orders we are watching closely for on time arrival.

Is there anyway to know what the serial number will be on my game? The serial number should be in the contract you signed and received.

Do you have any sort of customer loyalty program? For instance if I were to purchase another game from you in the future is there any sort of discount or credit that is applied? There is currently no loyalty program. But we expect to start one next year.

If I've already place my order, can I still opt into or out of other options? Yes once your order is made you can change options later.

Is there any discount for buying more than one game? Unfortunately we do not offer discounts on multiple games unless you are a distributor with 30 sales or more.

Will you allow me to pick the game up from your factory? If you want to come down and pick them up we’re completely fine with that. But you will not be permitted into the building.

If I were to come pick my game up, I wouldn't need pay shipping; correct? Correct. We will not charge. Those amounts are marked estimates.

When I purchased my Arcade Edition, I see that it is #100206. Does that mean there are at least 206 orders so far? No, that does not mean there are 206 machines being built.

Open allProduction Is there already an assembly line in place? If so, is it currently functioning and producing games? Yes, the quads are in place and are being used.

Are the legs bolted directly to the cabinet or is there a protective spacer to ensure the artwork is not damaged? We recommend not to attach the protective inserts because they tend to rub more than without. We will not provide spacers as that brings up additional engineering issues.

Is the playfield glass the same size as a standard body b/w pinball machine? No our glass size is not standard due to the frame.

Open allMaintenance Will individual parts be available to purchase in the event something breaks? (e.g. from Marco Specialties, etc.) We will have parts, but we cannot speak for Pinball Life or Marco on whether they will carry our parts.

Are the PCBs using through-hole components or is everything surface mount? My concern is what the maintenance will be like for owners once the warranty expires. Surface Mount

When the playfield is lifted for service, it appears that the Pinbar goes along with it. Is there anyway to access the service menu during this time or is it expected that the playfield will need to be lowered again to allow interaction with the Pinbar? Yes the pinbar is touchable if the frame is at the highest position. There is ample room if the hood is fully upright.

In the event the playfield glass were to become scratched and/or break, is it easily replaceable? You would need to remove several bolts and screws, but yes it does slide in and out.

How much will replacement glass cost? Replacement costs would be minimal for regular glass and industry standard for A/R; with shipping being the big cost.

Open allXtra™ Edition Is there any footage of the Xtra™ topper in action? The current topper is simply lights that are on or blink. The Xtra™ topper has not been shown yet and is still in development.

Does the head on the Xtra™ edition lay down the same as a traditional pinball machine? Yes the head comes down like normal on the Xtra™. It is on recessed hinges rather than on external arms.

In the images for the Xtra™ edition, the powder coating appears to be blue however in the description it is described as purple. Is what we see on your website the color I should expect to receive? The color is a purple-blue mix. It’s hue depends on the room or environment lighting.

Open allArcade Edition Will people be able to purchase Xtra™-only components (e.g. Mechanized topper & shaking Ned) and add them to their Arcade edition games? No, the Xtra™ addons are only for the Xtra™ machines.

When the optional “Neon Rings” are mentioned, is this referring to the rubber rings? If so, and these are not selected, it appears you get standard white rubbers with red flipper rubbers; correct? Yes the rubber rings are the neon rings. Correct, white and red are the standard for the Arcade.

Is the optional general illumination lighting interactive in any way (e.g. changes color, etc.) or are they just always on and provide white lighting from above? They are controlled by the code and are downward facing overhead lighting.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Since I got an Ae without any options, my total deposit paid was $589.90. The deposit is only calculated off the game selected and any options added. There will be shipping costs due with the final payment. My understanding is there will not be any sales tax.

Tax may be on a per-state basis. I was (or will be) charged 8.25% sales tax and $450 for shipping. Not sure if shipping would be more if the Pinpod were selected.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Not buying it. Preorders are a huge risk with unproven companies. Buyer beware.

Lucky for you there's already a thread for not buying it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution

Enjoy!

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Let em find out on their own. Ain’t saving anyone. Been there done that twice over.

Please save this for the other thread. Thanks!

#60 3 years ago

Was worth the ask. Just try to keep it positive please. This is meant for people that have pre-ordered in case that wasn't obvious. Thanks.

#66 3 years ago

Has anyone opted for the Pinpod yet? I can't see the value in it personally but I'd be curious to hear if it raises the shipping price.

#82 3 years ago

I'm truly sorry for you and the others caught up in the Zidware fiasco. I don't know how that will ever be made right but I do hope there is some semblance of justice served.

That said, it doesn't change my wanting to purchase RAZA. It is not my wish to further enable the likes of Zidware/John's wrong doings. It is, however, an opportunity to help DR (potentially) get off of the ground and in exchange I (potentially) get a (potentially) cool pinball machine. It's a high risk gamble and I'm comfortable with that; as are all of the other people that have put money forward, I believe.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Another zidware customer here. Don't feel bad for us, this Goodwill Agreement from deeproot has been the most unexpected boon to me (us) in YEARS. On the surface, this company owed me nothing. Silly me, that's prolly why they called it a Goodwill agreement - all I know is, through no fault of theirs they're trying to make me whole. I never expected it, all I can say is thank you to deeproot. If and when I get my machines - that will be an awesome day and yep, I'll give you an unbiased review of how it shoots.

I think the post I had originally quoted has been deleted/edited so it looks like I just said that out of the blue.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the silver lining of all of this is at least beginning to shine through for some!

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Man, TWIPs deep dive really makes me want a RAZA, which I could afford one. Hope it turns out as good as it looks .

Here is the link for those interested: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

And why would you want them to not sell more? I'm confused. If it's for sale for consumers, and people like me who actually have been working in the crazy pinball industry for years, then we should be able to buy them... not be discouraged buying them. Is it just because you are hoping for a higher resale value or something?

I think they were being sarcastic about wanting there to be low sales numbers so it would be worth more later on. That's how I took it at least.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Sigh...could not resist. Arcade Edition, powdered trim, upgraded toys, neon rings, topper, gi lighting. #186

Congrats! Looks like they're approaching 200 orders.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

200 people are about to have an interesting year or 7.

So glad you're here. Always such a ray of sunshine.

There is an entire thread practically dedicated to your outlook on this. Why come here and rain on the parade? Does it bother you that much that people are excited even if they know the risks? We get it; it may not work out and we may lose money. No need to waste your and everyone else's time restating the potential obvious. At least not in this thread.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

I did...they offer full shipping insurance on the machine when you buy the pinpod... made it more interesting

Ah, good to know. Thank you for the clarification.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don’t understand that history repeats itself & bad people don’t change when not reprimanded for their bad behavior. You may see my posts as an attack, but the reality is I’m trying to protect each and every one of you. Not sure why Jpop still has the ability to have a strong cultist grip on pinball buyers...but here we are. If telling the truth saves one pinballer from future pain, then my posts do nothing but good.

Yeah, you're a real saint. No one is feeling attacked though it's interesting you think that. Just curious what drives your motivations is all. It truly just comes off as a cry for attention.

If you feel the need to come here to troll, raise your self-esteem, etc. it's no skin off my nose. Moving on.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Thank you for respecting the intent of this thread and the wishes of the OP. In my opinion, you have always been fair in your constructive criticism and have always had pure intentions. I know you are sincere in hoping this works out for those of us that took the leap of faith.
Happy Holidays to you too!

Seconded! Happy holidays everyone.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My motivations are I don’t want to see bad people take advantage of good people. Simple.
I’ve seen people get hosed & lose time & money due to Jpop, Skit-B, Heighway, Dutch, Homepin...I’m probably forgetting a few. It’s the same thing every time: pre-order money taken & no proof of being able to manufacture like a legit factory should.
There has been no proof of manufacturing ability. Why would you expect this operation to be any different? Promises and timelines have already been broken...and you have to sign an NDA to buy this thing? Unreal...and I’m the bad guy in your eyes?
I don’t care for attention. I just want people to see the facts & not fall for the pretty box of lights when there are better ways to buy & enjoy a pinball machine.

Cool story. Again, let's move on.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

For preorder you have to put down the full price now?
and its non refundable?? am I reading that right??

You can make a 10 or 20 percent deposit depending on the edition you choose but, yes, it is non-refundable.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whoever that is the ignore function is a great tool!

Fair point. The trolls don't bother me; generally speaking. In this case I'm just swatting gnats.

#129 3 years ago

Nice! Welcome to the club!

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I too am a numbers dork and I appreciate other math dorks out there. Math is logical and the only true rationale in the whole feakin universe . So when somebody starts discussing math and is completely coherent, it would be wise if ya'all took a minute to pay attention.
I thought I would chuck "ya'all" in there just to mix it up a bit.
QSS

What kind of weird flex is this?

#175 3 years ago

Well, I couldn't decide if I liked the look of Arcade edition more than my already ordered Xtra edition so I bought another one. Don't tell my wife!

My numbers are:

Xtra: #100045
Arcade: #100206

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Does anyone know how easy or hard it will be to change the glass on Raza? I've all ready got Invisiglass, so it seemed redundant to order RAZA with it, since i could just use my own, but now I'm wondering if it might be difficult to swap the glass?

I'll be updating the FAQ soon with more answered questions from Deeproot but I'll post their answers regarding the glass here:

Q: Is the playfield glass the same size as a standard body b/w pinball machine?

A: No our glass size is not standard due to the frame. Replacement costs would be minimal for regular glass and industry standard for A/R; with shipping being the big cost.

Q: In the event the playfield glass were to become scratched and/or break, is it easily replaceable?

A: You would need to remove several bolts and screws, but yes it does slide in and out.

#190 3 years ago

The FAQ has been updated. It has also been moved to the first post as I was only able to add to the original post and I want to maintain the existing FAQs.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Starting to get off topic once more. Just keep clicking the down-vote button and we'll all keep ignoring you. Everyone wins!

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Haha, you got pantsed so hard last time you tried this that you're now relying on gifs. Fun! Well at least you're adding to the entertainment value of watching you try to win at the internet. Carry on.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You sure have a funny way of ignoring a fella.

You sure have a funny way of reading thread titles and descriptions.

#280 3 years ago

The FAQ has been updated; including a section for Arcade Edition machines. Probably the most notable response is about the order confirmation number not being in direct correlation to the number of games being built.

#288 3 years ago

Another quick update to the FAQ regarding the optional GI lighting for those that are interested.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

PLEASE READ!!!
Yesterday, deeproot added an updated FAQ to their website. I found some of the information VERY interesting...
https://deeprootpinball.com/shop/machines
The updated FAQ is in the yellow box (towards the top of that page) that contains ordering info.

I have added this information in bold at the top of the first post. Thanks for sharing!

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Quick question for those that ordered. Do you have to put your 10% down immediately or do they send you an invoice that you have to pay within a few business days? I get my yearly bonus tomorrow and was curious how the deposit works.

You have to pay the deposit immediately.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I wish! Honestly, I just believe 100% in what they are trying to accomplish and I’m damn excited for a new and fresh pinball experience. Something like what deeproot created with their platform is long overdue...I hope they pull it off!

Much agreed although if you're looking for true innovation I'd recommend checking out Multimorphic and their P3. I plan to pick one of those up as well in the next few months!

#401 3 years ago

I've created a new owners thread for us to move over to as we see fit. Congrats to all of the buyers!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-owners-club

EDIT: Or not; the topic was closed for unknown reasons. Haha, and the usual tool down-voted it for that boost of self-esteem. I see you buddy; don't worry.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Just a suggestion...just rename this thread when the games start shipping and the mods allow you to do so. Don’t start a new one as there is a lot of info in here and the history of the orders for RAZA as they were placed. All the RAZA stuff will then be in one happy place!

Yeah, fair point. It does seem pretty bull-headed to just close the thread without any indication as to why though. I guess we'll wait until whatever magic thing has to happen before we can have an owners thread and I'll do it then.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Has always to my knowledge been a Pinside rule that a Club thread can only be started When a game first starts shipping. No worries I suspect and Appreciate this will actually be a small and elite group. With an occasional Drfrightner thrown in for fun on occasion lol.

I thought that might be it as well though I do see a Zeppelin Owners Club already with plenty of posts that hasn't been shut down. I've messaged Robin for clarification just so I know what the exact rules are in the future instead of having to guess.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While not a ship to ALL I know LZ has already arrived at a few distributors including Cointaker so I think that qualifies as in route. All good.

Yeah, if that's the case, I get it. It just would be nice to have an explanation is all. Whatever though; water under the bridge!

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol I do agree with that. With that said #Drfrightner (IE Larry) is a good example of Not reading a book (or Long winded post) by the cover. I have gone down to visit Larry at his invite to see his collection and Amazing creations via his escape rooms and haunted houses. Larry is Truly an Incredibly talented, generous, and knowledgable guy. For Sure not the guy you assume he is by his posts. He is the Real deal creative wildman that has a Crazy passion for all he does. (pretty sure he works 20 hours per day on his visions lol) He and his team build the most incredible sets I have personally ever seen. I would Strongly promote Anyone that can make the trip to St Louis Not miss the opportunity to see his talent and meet him personally. Definitely NOT the guy you may stereotype him as based on his posts which he does mean well by. To me he is one of those hidden gems you find in a hobby that are not what you expected. Many like to share their opinion on how a game company should do things, he actually knows how to do it. Fun stuff, consider a visit you will NOT be disappointed!!
https://www.thedarkness.com

Wow, this does look incredible! Very cool!

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Who wants another lame crappy built Stern machine anyways.

Lots of people! But let's not start that battle on this thread please.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I started a RAZA owners club about 3 weeks ago and then it was shut down. I plan to ask for it to be opened once games start to ship in a few weeks:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-raza-deeproot-owners-club-bring-all-your-alien-zombies

Ah, that would definitely be good reason for them to have closed my thread then. Thanks for letting me know!

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Then why even bother coming into this thread!?!? I hope your New Year is filled with nothing but negativity as you keep on putting it on to us

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Good day all, has anyone who ordered contacted DR after the fact to add an option? I added the lights and toys to the AE in my original order but have been thinking about getting the topper too.

From the FAQ on post #1:

Q: If I've already place my order, can I still opt into or out of other options?
A: Yes once your order is made you can change options later.

I'd assume you just need to contact them and let them know.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Only most of the needed parts can’t produce a single machine. It’s reason for concern not euphoria.

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Do we have any insight into whether they are doing another run of RAZA after this Jan-Feb batch?

From the Deeproot site:

Q: Will there be more RAZA's to buy later on?
A: We will never make RAZA again. However, we will round up our production lots; meaning there will be a few extra units available after the run. We will sell those for the real price of $8,000 base price for the Arcade Edition, and $13,000 flat fee for the Xtra Edition. Those real prices reflect the market value of the technology and standard components of the machines, and do not reflect the current discounts provided for start up risk and delays in receiving games.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Has everyone downloaded and setup the PinAcess Deeproot phone app. I have mine set, rather simple and a nice interface.

Unfortunately not as they don't appear to have android support yet.

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I would take that with the BIGGEST grain of salt...
6 years of trying to get this off the ground, and they are going to take orders for 20 some odd days only, ever?
No, just no.
After they figure out how to manufacture a game, and make money on it, they will seek out more orders.

duly noted.

2 weeks later
#715 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is it as good? Any more info on the added lighting option? Is it just a led strip or is it interactive with game play?

There is information in the FAQ. The built-in option definitely seems more cost effective than Pinstadium.

3 weeks later
#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nice game room! Sorry to pry.... What is that on the far left, looks like a chrome two eyed cobra?

It looks like it's one of those big, mylar, number-shaped balloons.

1 month later
#1000 3 years ago

Post 1000! It's the little things.

1 month later
#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

They owe us an update since it's been 6 weeks. If they don't get going I'm pulling my plug. The least they can do is be transparent. I certainly understand why Ben has a bitter taste and I don't blame him. Enough of supply chain garbage. When they did the pre order they should have had parts. Just getting frustrated with the bs.

Why start freaking out just before they're meant to give an update? Makes no sense. Just wait for the mid-May update and then asses. All of the stuff you're bringing up they've already addressed in the last update.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm just wondering does ANYONE have their game yet?

Are you though?

Quoted from drfrightner:

Just a suggestion to Robert... check out that video with Jack Danger Sterns behind the scenes "HOW STERN MAKES GAMES". Maybe you'll at least get the basics down I mean it can't hurt right? You could watch that video while you continue to apply for UL approval.
I guessing your game won't be made prior to Chicago Expo, so why not pre-buy Stern factory tour experience. At this point NOTHING can hurt.

I'm sure Robert is super interested to hear all about this, unlike the rest of us in this thread. Here is a link to the deeproot contact page for your convenience: https://deeprootpinball.com/contact

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Fuck you on the typos. Don't care.

That's a pretty interesting reaction from someone who doesn't care.

Quoted from Stemmy:

Have a lawyer look at it, then make a determination.

No?

Quoted from Stemmy:

Take all the emotional bs out of it. Read what was said. I'm sorry. I would love this game. But the it's coming down to solvency. If they can't pay people how can they pay for parts.

The irony here is just too much. Take a breath.

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Look at it this way. You have an iron clad contact people can not back out of. Which is actually beautifully written. Now your giving people the option to back out of. How does that make sense? Get someone that understands contractual law. Do whatever. But RM has done a bunch of SEC fillings. If he does not offer refunds this opens him up to SEC scrutiny which is far worse than anything we could do because fraud would become involved.

Those are definitely fair points. I don't disagree that the writing appears to be on the wall at this point however I'm still willing to risk my deposits for the potential reward. If I lose money or end up with a paperweight at the end of the day, I'm ok with that.

2 months later
#1882 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Cut? He said it all and more. Robert couldn’t “cut” his statements to NOT sound like an asshole.

The irony here is palpable.

1 week later
#1990 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Auction them off, all proceeds go to paying back deposits & employees who were stiffed.

This. Though I'd say pay back the employees first. They didn't sign up thinking they'd losing wages. Plus I've been there before and it sucks. We backers, on the other hand, did sign up knowing we may potentially lose our deposits.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Escrow? Does it matter, those were non-refundable deposits- no? I wouldn’t expect anything back if they fold

Correct. All backers should have known this going in. If they didn't they must have been living under a rock or are unable to read.

2 weeks later
#2709 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Call it “tough love”. We presented so many facts & tried to warn those of you who refused to see it…but many of you became enraged at people like us & turned into a cult - defending RM & Jpop at every turn. Some of you even placed blame on Ben for this debacle. What’s he supposed to do, pat you on the head and say “Oh no, you never saw this coming, poor lad”.

Or call it being an egomaniacal douche.

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, that’s RM & JP. It’s time to stop projecting. The true villains have been unmasked without any shadow of a doubt.

My comment has nothing to do with RM nor JP. No one is arguing against the fact that they suck. Stop being so insecure and swinging from Ben's nuts. I'm just stating facts.

#2732 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Maybe Ben is a tad salty about how all the cheerleaders told him to fuck off and die because he “didn’t have skin in the game” and the rest of that elitist bullshit.
He’s not coming in here and taking the piss from innocent suckers, most of you were actively shit talking him and the other skeptics. So, take your lumps like grown ups.

Quoted from benheck:

I also enjoy seeing people who bought into Deeproot's bullshit LOSING THEIR MONEY.

I haven't said a word to Ben up until now and I've only done so because he's taken his childish, gaslighting behavior to a new level. Being excited that good people have lost money to a crook so you can feel better about yourself is just sad.

Past that, being a troll with an inflated ego and retaliating because people have said mean things to you on a pinball forum are not mutually exclusive.

#2735 2 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

What happened to you by Deeproot is gaslighting, actually more accurately, you gaslighted yourself.

Oh the irony.

And nothing "happened to me" per se. I knew this was a potential, and likely, outcome. So in the sense of you basically saying, "you played yourself!" you are correct but I was aware of that going in as anyone who takes a gamble should. I do feel bad for anyone that didn't understand that from the start though.

#2739 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Right here....www.throwyourmoneydownthedrain.com/deeproot
Order now and get a free balloon.

Pending UL cert of course.

#2748 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah the OP should change the first post from “I get that there are a lot of opinions regarding Deeproot and/or the people that are purchasing RAZA however I kindly ask that you take those opinions to a different thread.” TO “Fuck it, go ahead and light this thread up”

Yeah; I should probably change the thread title at this point though I kind of want to leave it for posterity. Maybe I should at least update the first post with information regarding the current state of affairs.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sorry, I couldn't resist....
[quoted image]

LMAO! Well played, sir.

#2756 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah I really don't understand the whole gambling mentality. I think people like NoMonkey do this because they have their bases covered and can say "Told you so!" in either outcome.
I told you Robturd would pull through and make my game!
or
I told you it was a gamble. Oh well, I just lost a few hundred dollars I was already planning on losing.

I mean, you've literally just described what a gamble is and then tried to use that very same definition against itself. It seems to me you do understand the gambling mentality, you just don't want to accept it.

Knowingly throwing money at something that may or may not pan out is not a new concept. To argue that it was so obvious it would 100% never work out is just disingenuous. There was a chance, just a small one. Hence the gamble.

Quoted from RJW:

Sadly this whole "gambling" mentality is on full display right here for all future scammers to read.
People that are wondering why pinball attracts these scammers, look no further.
FOMO and ego (look at what I have, are you jealous?) fuel these rip off artists.
It's really bizaare how proud some of these marks are about how they were "ride or die" on these projects.

I do agree that if some scammer is sitting there wondering if there are people that play fast and loose with their spare money, they will find plenty of proof here. That said, I don't think this is the thread that will open their eyes to that concept for the first time. Perhaps, at the very least, it will serve as a cautionary tale to others thinking of taking a risk on a new company, RM, or JPop.

There is definitely a level of FOMO and ego involved here. Nothing wrong with that in general. Hell either of those things are like 50% of pinball. For instance when a new machine from Stern or whomever else is announced. Is it more of a sure thing? Of course! But people want in for different reasons. Some to flip, some to say they have it, some to just love and play the game they just purchased, or all of the above. To me this argument is moot.

Regarding being "ride or die": I can't say I was really ever of that mind set though I did see some of that from other preorder people at times so I get it. For me, I put down my deposit and moved on with my life after the early excitement wore off.

Quoted from mrgone:

Not good people. Good people do not support liars, thieves, and con men.

Good to know!

#2757 2 years ago

Thread title updated. Will add a warning at the top of the first post later today so it's clear how things have turned out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nomonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=nomonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.