84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

I'm not a pre-order but thank you for starting this thread, especially providing the Q and A from Deeproot. Well done.
I assume the Goodwill Deeproot people will be able to contribute to this thread and I look forward to hearing from them also.

Thread bump and best wishes to all.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Has anyone opted for the Pinpod yet? I can't see the value in it personally but I'd be curious to hear if it raises the shipping price.

I'd be more concerned whether it fit in the back of my vehicle or not.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I want it to have some zidware spirit. RAZA was limited to 99 though JPop sold 101 as I remember (AIW was limited to 10 as I remember). congrats you pulled the trigger Ill prob never sell it its just its kind of avantgarde ordering it bc of all the negative bias still in the main thread 2 years ago it was much worse.

I'm sorry if some of my criticisms in the other thread are upsetting. As some of you already know, I've been in a similar position so I can sympathise with the difficult ride that Pinside can be. It's good this thread exists for you guys and I'm being respectful of it.

I don't wish any of you harm and I'm very sincere about that. - Best wishes and Happy Holidays to all.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

So are they stoping pre orders at 300 of both machines or just the extra?

Just the Xtra is limited to 300. The impression I got is the Arcade version will be unlimited.
However, December 30th is the deadline to order for this batch.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

best to move along back to the toxic thread...

Its true the other thread does have toxic comments. But it also has a lot of truth and wisdom that should not be ignored. As I said before, I think having both threads is a good thing.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Maybe if they did so they'd be in business today

FYI: Dutch Pinball is still in business.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Part of me has an issue putting in any more money...for obvious reasons. However, the Xtra is much closer to what jpop sold as the RAZA vision all those years ago, and I love the color difference and lit side panels.
I'd be lying if I didn't admit there's an element of how can I come out the best in this as well. Seeing that deeproot will be selling leftover machines for $8K and $13K respectively makes me wonder if I'm leaving money on the table not going for the Xtra.

Whatever your decision is, I'd say you're fortunate to have a choice right now.

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Jesus. $650 for shipping???

Quoted from wrb1977:

That was alarming to me as well. I questioned them about it and also if there would be other shipping options available. Here was their response...
“It is very hard to get a firm LTL quotes further than two weeks out. So we decided to average costs for the regions of the U.S. from shipping from South Texas. If the actual cost is less then we will let you know and work on that when we get there.”
I’m definitely going to explore all of my options when the time comes. I think that price also includes insurance but I’m not 100% about that. I’m hoping they can get that number down as I definitely feel it is high.

Both of you guys live in Pittsburg. It's been a long while since I've shipped two games but they used to have a two for one shipping deal. (Michelle at Beltman)
Flip a coin to see who's home address to use and coordinate with Deeproot. Jersey Jack did this for me and friends when WOZ first came out.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just checked on 1 vs 2 games from Florida to Chicago a couple months ago, because I had the same memory as you. It wasn't exactly BOGO, but pretty damn close.

Also some moving companies will discount if you pick up at their local warehouse.

1 week later
#629 3 years ago

Hey guys

Despite my pessimism in the other thread, I want to sincerely wish all of you the very best. There is still a long ways to go yet but if you guys benefit in the end, that's all that really matters.

Interesting to note that both threads have slowed as we enter an intriguing phase of this long drama. Will games be shipped on time and with what level of quality.

Wrb1977, I couldn't find any Mad Elf in my area but from you or anyone in this thread, I will gladly accept beer or drink recommendations that pair with a plate of crow.

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s Saul Goodman

Who is Saul Goodman?

#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It was simply a joke.

That's all you needed to say and I would have given you an upvote had you limited your comment.

2 weeks later
#749 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

The other forum on DR would poo poo everything likely even when the machines ships.

I realize its easy to get lost in the mix but many of us have posted several times how we want you guys to receive your games. And I personally believe that Deeproot is trying and you eventually will get them.

Round of beers on me for an invitation to play.

1 month later
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Skipped comment .... Got moderated because I lost my cool in the other burn down DeepRoot thread!
Purchasers on Raza will be made whole...

Quoted from transprtr4u:

The guy that threw me over was referring to DR just go bankrupt!
Should read that thread only after coffee!

The guy who provoked you was down-voted and also moderated. His comment was out of line and I don't think anyone blames you for retaliating.

#861 3 years ago

I think its unfortunate that many of you are cherry picking only the titillating posts and focusing on them. There have been some solid comments that seem to go ignored here. I mean I understand your frustrations and the sense you're being ganged up on. But you guys only seem able to justify Deeproot's actions instead of artfully defending them.

I'm amazed that not a single one of you critically analyzed the latest Deeproot update or the one before it. As I said before, some of the anger here I believe is misplaced.

And if you believe games finally shipping will be vindication, its not that simple. There are way too many layers to this saga still to come and past predictions from the sceptics have already proved true.

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Have your pre ordered a RAZA?????

I did not. But that doesn't exclude me from commenting on an open forum.

#892 3 years ago

Hey guys

I've got a fun little thread about Childhood toys and youthful memory's on Pinside. We have zero negativity there, no misunderstandings or arguments and its a lot of fun. Its a great way to lighten up the day.

Anybody and everybody is welcome there and I wanted to extend an invitation to each of you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys

2 weeks later
#928 3 years ago

Wrb1977 and I disagree on Deeproot but I personally like and respect him very much and in my opinion he's a great representative for you guys.

Iceman has quit Pinside.

zice (resized).pngzice (resized).png
#930 3 years ago

He's done this before when things don't go his way.
He'll be back. Guaranteed.

#948 3 years ago

There's an interesting quote from Ben Heck in the other thread that speaks to this issue and supports Yelobird

Quoted from benheck:

To be fair, worldwide supply chains are F**KED up at the moment. Major integrated circuit shortages, car plants are shut down waiting for chips to stick in.
It's probably worse for DR as they are new and thus not a priority for vendors scrambling to help long time customers.
It's obvious COVID was much worse in China than their evil government let on, and now we are seeing the reality echoed in production.

1 week later
#979 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The UL certificate, does this apply to all games? So do companies like stern apply for each game model built?

My guess is it doesn't apply game to game but more likely from system to system. For example when Stern changed from Whitestar to the SAM board and then to the Spike system. Again that's just a guess and I don't really know.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It's funny how they had to come into this thread and not leave us alone. But when all you can do is preach to the choir in the other thread, they had to come here to disrupt our enthusiasm for RAZA.

There's been some invasion into the other thread too. You guys were whooping it up when Iceman was playing Kenny Rogers.

1 week later
#1024 3 years ago

It's not just Kaneda, Carey Hardy, Ben Heck or the sceptics in the Deeproot thread. Check out the final 30 minutes of the LoserKid podcast.
https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-57-deeproot-to-the-future

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And these opinions matter why again? They hunt for viral media attention or have a personal axe to grind. They have their own mission I wish them well.

I was addressing the comment that Kaneda is somehow responsible for other people's thoughts. He's not alone on Deeproot and I gave examples.

Also, Carey Hardy is a bona-fide witness whose opinion should be highly regarded. To dismiss him is short sighted.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You are right as a bona-fide witness - but at a single point in time.

Agree and he clearly states that.

Quoted from cpr9999:

I listened to podcast where he said all the wiring is red under playfield. But then I see pictures where it is not. So is that highly regarded opinion right. One way to find out - machines are built OR they are not. If they are built and the wiring is not all red - is that opinion still highly regarded?

What the hell are you talking about? He stated that the prototype had all red wiring on that day. He did not say, nor was it even implied that the production games would have all red wiring. I'm not sure where you got the idea he said anything like that and I will refer you back to that podcast to get your facts straight. I already did.

And if you guys don't understand why all red wire in a prototype machine is a red flag, then I'll save my breath. Even the two podcast hosts did a face plant when they heard that.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Man just let things simmer down and let’s see what this company does or does not do.

I have posted many times in these threads that I believe you guys will eventually get your machines.
But I have also stated that delivery of your games is not the end of this saga. Far from it and I'll bite my tongue going any further in this post which I'm certain many of you will appreciate.

1 week later
#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Kaneda posted a "save Steve Bowden" meme on facebook this week. RM sent a balling comment out of the blue, A nice lifesign during this crippling wait. Sign of significant progress since the last update.

I agree and I also took this as a positive sign when I heard it. It would be a mistake for RM to return to his arrogant personna but it would show confidence.

#1060 2 years ago

Hard to describe but Robert kind of implied that Kaneda was full of shit.

#1063 2 years ago

Nah, to each their own. I like Kaneda and never miss any of his shows or Facebook streams.
It was fun to know that Robert still has some dick swinging left in him.

1 week later
#1092 2 years ago

Kaneda's offer is to reimburse your pre-order deposit minus 1 dollar and buy your spot. Personally I think it might be a little tongue in cheek but who knows.
Love him or hate him, he's the most entertaining guy I know of in pinball.

2 weeks later
#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

The cult is the ones continuously bashing a company that has people with families depending on an income, hoping they will fail. [quoted image]

Believe as you wish but any collateral damage rests 100% with Deeproot.

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

My guess is a solid # of a very small run is likely going to bail and if this is only for Zidware people what are they out? Nothing because they were going to get nothing anyway....or likely nothing at least....

I get your point on the Zidware people but must differ. This is their second, multi-year long roller coaster ride from hell. And they have had their "deposit" in years before the new people did. True, they will return to their original financial loss but the anxiety they have suffered has taken an emotional toll. Most had reconciled the loss long ago, only to have their hopes raised and then crushed again.

The people on Jpops very long, uncollectable bankruptcy list got over it years ago. And they've had a much easier time of it without Deeproot's involvement.

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bro-please-bro-just-try-it
I'm sorry, sometimes I forget I'm talking to boomers on here

zzzaerhhaaeh (resized).jpgzzzaerhhaaeh (resized).jpg
#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Glad your posting but if you truly read the other thread you would see several moderated posts.
Here is a classic:

And you got caught red handed in the other thread posting a fake picture about Deeproot and lying about it.
Lets not pretend this is all one sided.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It was a joke just like others including yourself who were posting funny, fake shit.
Just following your lead. See your pictures below of Foodtruck or Pinpoke!!
Need I remind you of the fake shit you posted in the hate thread.
Or if you post fake funny shit that goes against the hate crowd in that thread it’s not cool. What a double standard.
Look in the mirror dude. What a classic DB move. Go back to the hate thread and sling your insults there.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your fake picture was a troll and not a joke, you only tried to play if off as one after you were caught. And you failed in trying to make that case.

And yes, I posted a lot of jokes in the other thread as you have illustrated. Guess what, I stand by all of them because they were directed at Deeproot and never at any of the pre-order guys. And none were posted in this thread. There's a significant difference if you will take a breath.

In fact, I even stood up on behalf of Wrb1977 and Fulltilt and another pre-order guy in the opposing thread. What have you done?

Also, if you want to see insults and personal attacks, here's a list of Iceman's comments from the other thread along with several of his moderation notices and punishments.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/3?tu=iceman44

Again, don't play this off as one sided.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

First that is your interpretation (troll vs joke). Did you reach out an ask my intentions or did you just jump to the hater view? BTW I could take your foodtruck post the same way (or can’t I interpret the same way. Are you now telling me how to think!)
Never played this off as 1 sided as I said others were posting funny fake shit (of course the hater view is only 1 sided in that thread. 1000 negative posts to 1 positive. Try to post anything remotely positive and the burning pitch fork crowd will tear you down).
People posted crap in other thread including you and me. So don’t sling crap my way. If you post anything that looks good for DR whether it be real or funny the wrath of god comes down on you. What a sad bunch of people that hate 1 company.
Let the haters hate over there. Also, Look above on who started this over here - you did!
I can go round for round in every thread if you want.
However the adult thing to do is again - GET back on topic - RAZA pre-order thread.
How hard is that to understand?

You failed to convince people that you were joking. - Happy to take your private message if you'd like to continue.

zzzzpinside (resized).pngzzzzpinside (resized).png
#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Lastly , they work for their money...
Let them do as they please with it ...
I'm not a gambling fan, sports or concert goer ...
Doesn't give me the right to tell you that your wasting your money...

I'm not telling anyone here what to do with their money. And I've been an advocate for the Zidware people since the very beginning.
But I'm processing the same information you guys are and I'm just baffled by our different conclusions, that's all.

1 month later
#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

There will be less of these than BBB.
Believers will be rewarded.

Cosmic Carnival - 25 produced in 2019.

1 week later
#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

After watching and ordering a Spooky Ultraman and how Spooky does BIZ waiting for any info as a costumer of Deeproot I feel like I am the real asshole here.
Tired.

I think you're a decent man and someone I've grown to like and respect around Pinside.
But I take your point. Been there, done that myself.

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok. Time for another Parking lot drive by tomorrow with pics.

Quoted from belairjoe:

hey ice..your looking at the front of the building at cars.you should be looking at the back for any trucks moving in parts or machines for production..also check to see if dumpster is full..these are signs of possible production

Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll check it all around. Some people are doing something inside that building and I assume it’s not playing tiddly winks.

Quoted from denoument:

Someone needs to befriend the postal service that delivers there and ask them what kinds of boxes have been showing up there. That would be good investigative reporting...

Are these the things that customers should be contemplating and resorting to? Seriously?

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do you have to pour salt in the wound?
Has this not been hashed over a million times? They are adults gambling on a pinball game to be made. Let them be.
I understand that is not what you or I did, but they know the risks by now.

Your response is completely unrelated to my comment.
Please explain how creeper parking lot photos and dumpster diving (illegal) is a mindset that customers should be forced into.

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Did I miss something? I thought the update is coming july 19th?

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I never read of any firm date on the next update from Deeproot. After July 4th was the only date mentioned.

Here is the quote from Deeproot's last public communication posted on May 18th.

Quoted from FlawlessJS:

We want to keep communication open. However, it seems sometimes that these periodic updates don't convey the progress that is happening, nor does it solve the real goal of delivering games. At this point we do not expect to send another mass update about RAZA until after the July 4th weekend.

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes. And then this posted above your post dropped. It‘s on TWIP also. (Good Website, very few people here seem to go there.)
At least they seem to have hope to have something to update on by next week. I‘d not be that overly optimistic that the games are shipping soon, but maybe at least certification is done or something.

Agreed and Kaneda has been promoting the 19th for the Deeproot update on his show. I was just trying to show where PinballManiac40 and others got their information.

BTW. I will disagree with you about TWIP and only a few people going there.

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I met Ben once at one of Terry’s parties at Pinball Life(which were stellar parties by the way) and I thought he was a terrific guy.

It's too bad that all of us in both threads don't meet at the Pinball Hall of Fame and talk face to face. I'd bet misunderstandings and hard feelings would be cleared in short order and a lot of agreement would surface after ball one.

I enjoy expensive whisky if anyone wants to join me.

1 week later
#1853 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Main guys still have jobs and working away on future titles”
“Stern has put a stranglehold on the supply chain. “

What does this mean and why so cryptic? Is Iceman the Deeproot spokesperson now?

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Well, if that's Deeproot, all I can say is, it's about f@#*ing time.

#1864 2 years ago

Thanks. I now recognise Donald Pleasence on the cab. Pretty sure this is the picture they used too.

pasted_image 1 (resized).pngpasted_image 1 (resized).png

#1942 2 years ago

I know it's long and from an outsider but please read.

I was in on the original Zidware fiasco and I got tired of the Pinside abuse just as you guys must be. My solution was to take myself and my brothers off of Pinside and I formed a secret Facebook group. It's easy and quick to do, it's invited members only, and no one, absolutely no one can see or read your private thoughts and no one can discover the group accidently or not. Check Facebook for more information.

Whoever sets up the group is the administrator and they can appoint a co-administrator or two. You already know many of the people that are legitimate RAZA people in this thread and all they need to do is tell you their Facebook profile and the administrator sends them the confidential invitation from the FB group. The administrators can also kick people out.

Unknown people you will need to screen to make sure they are legitimate. **This is critical to keep out the riff raff**. Anybody I was unfamiliar with I had them scan and send me a copy of the Zidware contract before sending them an invite. I don't know what proof you guys might have but I'll leave that up to you. If someone is not on Facebook right now have them join. It's free and easy for anyone to do. And if they don't, too bad for them.

After you have your base group from this thread established, post a notice here for others to join and tell them there is a screening process. You guys have a few RAZA lukers I'm certain.

You have some really solid people in here and I would suggest Yelobird, Frankmac, Fulltilt, DS_Nadine, wrb1977, or Cheeks to be your administrators. There is a lot of really good people here and those are just off the top of my head. Sorry to those that I missed .

I'm telling you, this really works and you will have peace of mind while sending a big screw you to guys like me. The Big Lebowski people in the early years followed me with this idea and they had a blast returning to their Pinside thread now and then and taunting the boo-birds about their private sanctuary.

Also I would strongly suggest that you invite Robert Mueller to the group or an appointee from Deeproot. An appointee would be more likely.

One last thing I will tell you. Iceman will poo poo this idea to death because it's associated with me and he has a never ending vendetta against me. He's a smart guy and can be very convincing so I'll leave it up to you guys.

But I promise you, drain both threads until you're ready and you will have peace of mind and the doubters in this thread will just be talking to themselves. It will drive them crazy.

Also, prepare yourselves for a massive slow down as it wont match the pace of two Pinside threads. It will feel like nothing is happening... But there won't be any heat for you guys either and you can discuss things freely.

Oops. One last, last thing. Iceman will go along if everyone else does but be advised he will dominate the conversation and will try to take the group over. He has an insatiable need to be the center of attention and feel like he's captain of the ship.
Meh, maybe let him be a co-administrator if it makes him feel better. I won't care as I wont be there.

PS. He has me blocked so he might not see this.

Sincere best wishes guys. PM me if you have questions. You guys still have a long ways to go.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I respect your words and suggestions. I thank you.

Thank you for accepting my apology PM earlier today.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know it's long and from an outsider but please read.

As I already knew but can't seem to learn, the cross mixture of stimulants and depressants from Irish coffees' can really give me some weird focus. Sorry about the book and all of the extraneous detail.

#1960 2 years ago

Hey Pre-order guys. You see how my friends are reacting to my idea? LOL!

1 week later
#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sad to see the BFF partnership lost. You two looked so happy and playful designing Raza.
[quoted image]

I sure hope nobody finds my high school year book.

#2089 2 years ago

(derp)

#2206 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It is, but at this point, closing down Facebook & LinkedIn profiles as well as their service number, there should be at least an "we're still alive and just restructuring" update.

After 4 hours, I can't believe I'm the only one to upvote this comment.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where can we see the list?

Please stop.

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

They have scrubbed their presence from elsewhere if they want to keep in touch with buyers for whatever reason create a private Facebook users group which has been mentioned before.

At this point, it should be Deeproot to set this up for you guys. They have all of the customers names and emails to build a complete group and make it a hell of a lot easier. If you guys do it and Deeproot doesn't participate, your group will be fragmented and is gonna go dead real quick. And if Deeproot won't participate with their customers, that's a telling message in itself.

Keep in mind that Deeproot is limited to not talking about the legal case itself, but thats all. There is plenty of other things they can reveal especially to customers.

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I was never "at" Zidware (John only pays himself) No contract, no agreement, no license for use of likeness. Nothing. We visited each other's shops a few times and I get "BHZA" sprung on me. His idea. Cool, but some foam core mockups (not of the whole thing, just parts) was all I ever saw. Remember John does art first, scams some people, then thinking about making the game.
As for re-writing history you're the one forgetting it. Early 2010s it was VERBOTEN on here to question anyone. Skit-b, JJP, John, etc. So nobody would have listened had I warned. And even if they did, what was there to whistle blow at the time? John is lazy? Remember nobody knew how far the wheels had flown off the bus until Empty Cabinet Gate at Expo 2014.
Do you like how well Spooky has done? Well I was a big part of that. My work there actually made a difference unlike with John "the master teacher" So glad I helped them instead of wasting any more time with Jpoop.

It's all good, Ben. Most of us know who originated that lie about you. It wasn't Marlboroman and you can't really blame him. But it does show how corrupt some people are and the lengths they will go to.
quote-the-destructive-power-of-a-lie-is-stronger-than-the-truth-henry-rollins-99-4-0465 (resized).jpgquote-the-destructive-power-of-a-lie-is-stronger-than-the-truth-henry-rollins-99-4-0465 (resized).jpg

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hey Ice, I always enjoy your posts here--I rank you up there with Odin and vid1900. I only used you as an example, nothing personal. But let's get real here--anyone could have made a guess that Alien would have been remade at some point. It was a highly desirable title that ended way before it's time. It doesn't take a Nostradamus to make that guess.
However, last time I checked, didn't you guarantee that Alien would start shipping again by the end of 2019? And Alien didn't start start shipping again until Spring/Summer 2021. So yeah, I call BS on your insider information on that one. Is it possible that you were basing everything off what known liar and scammer Jonathan Demare was telling you?
Either way, my point was that if there was any new and important information pertaining to the pre-order buyers, it would get out. That's all.

Here's another one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/21#post-6440274

1 week later
#2497 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As a lawyer myself that understands contract law and am here local, I could offer up a multitude of legal recourse options for all of us. It’s the LAST thing I worry about right now But It won’t be needed. Refunds were an option and still are an option and ALWAYS will be an option.

Quoted from iceman44:

That’s their problem to work out. Not mine
And I’ll be back the following week. Watching, waiting…..
I have lawyers (bigger and badder) I have $$$. “Venue” is in Bexar county where I live.

Don't forget people. Mr. Bigshot has got all of you covered legally and at no cost to you.

#2571 2 years ago

My instincts tell me this thread is being abandoned and my guess is they set up a secret Facebook group or something similar.
If so, good for them and now they can strategize and commiserate without all of the noise of Pinside.

The concluding series of comments here reads as though Iceman was the last to go and he went screaming and kicking.
LOL
(He'll be back)

F@%k Deeproot for what they have done to these good people and our hobby.

#2587 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

One of the main cheerleaders here seems awfully quiet this weekend since the news broke...

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Time to close this thread down - no more Pre-order.
Time to send a note to Pinsider moderators.

Let's speak no further about it and just pretend it never happened. Ridiculous.

1 week later
#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This is the reason 119 out of 122 will lose $$$ on this.. Myself included.

Based on my experience, as long as you paid by credit card, you will get your money back. Or you should. When you protest a sizable charge to your CC company they ask for proof and you sending them the SEC indictment should easily cover that.
I'm not sure about Paypal but with such strong evidence it's more than worth trying.

2 of the pre-order guys I've spoken with have their appeals under way and their CC company's are already talking green light.

#2903 2 years ago

While I'm glad people are getting their money returned, I view the past year of the Deeproot emotional roller coaster as a big loss for you guys. Pinside skeptics were often shameful IMO but pre-order guys dished some of the ugliness right back. The emotional grind between anger and hope, leading to hunkered down silence the past several months had to have been draining on pre-order people.

Sorry about my misguided part but it all traces back to Deeproot to state the obvious. And Pinside gonna be Pinside.

So was the calculated wager on RAZA really worth it even with getting your money back? Something is better than nothing but for what Deeproot put you guys through, I have to wonder.

#2930 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah, I'm sorry...it just doesn't sit right with me that somebody could put complete and utter stupidity on display, ignore all the warning signs that there was something fishy going on, ignore all the dirtbag stuff that Robert and DR were doing that was out in the open, wag their finger at us for saying negative things (ThInK oF tHe PoOr EmPlOyEes), start their own little hug box safe space, ect, ect the list goes on of downright scummy behavior exhibited by many of the buyers, just so they could get their shiny little game.
Then, when it turns out not only was the obvious correct, but it was far worse than imaginable (and thats saying something!) the smugness continues. No big deal guys. I didn't lose any money. I have zero remorse. Zero regrets. I didn't lose anything and it doesn't matter that I was complicit in supporting an obvious scam. Got my money back, time to go about my day and just pretend nothing happened and that I don't look like a moron for getting in on this and screw everyone else as long as at the end of the day I'm made whole again.
Am I a bad guy for feeling this way? Like, I'm trying to have empathy but honestly it makes me kind of sick to my stomach.

Bingo. And where is the apology from Iceman for his loud, arrogant and insulting behaviour. By far he was the biggest Deeproot cheerleader and the worst offender. He shows no sign of contrition and instead he's making excuses as if he knew all along.

#2935 2 years ago

I've made mistakes on Pinside of which I have apologised for both in public and in private. It's what adults do.

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I need you to apologize for saying you apologised.

I blame spell checker.

#2944 2 years ago

^^^^^^^
Let's imagine how both threads would be flowing right now if RAZA's had been shipped.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The mob tried to cancel TWIP and they may have been successful. Why?

Yelobird is a good guy imo.

But I'm downvoting the remainder of Iceman's trash post. Especially him diverting the likely blame away from Deeproot with the TWIP canceling and placing it elsewhere. What's his motivation for that?

#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You lost me. What did I Ever say negative about TWIP? There is No better contributor to pinball.

No, not you at all. I was responding exclusively to Iceman and his reference to us being the cause of TWIP threats. That is Iceman being intellectually dishonest once again and growing his unscrupulous reputation.

I do think you're a good guy and I disagree with the derogatory comments towards you personally.
I have now edited my previous comment for clarity.

Quoted from iceman44:

The mob tried to cancel TWIP and they may have been successful. Why?
You said it, “What in the ever living fuck”
I had a game coming from DR as a result of getting F Ed by Jpop in 2014.
Apologize for that? F that.
All the Debbie Downvoters can vote away. Like I said, have some balls and pick up the phone if it disturbs you that much.
Yelo? Way too nice of a guy and I commend him for basically just letting it go while he gets piled on by the mob

#3008 2 years ago

I'm a Prime member with free shipping so I'll take Bezos

#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The DP situation is a win win for everybody.

JFC. Another Iceman endorsement.

#3086 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The way it is, there'll be new TBL games fr everybody and if the make enough money they will be able to fulfill EA Orders.

We all hope that proves to be true but just like with RAZA, some of us see red flags and have now become skeptics about TBL. I guess the DP believers and the naive will now label us as the mob and haters for that.

I hope I'm wrong, but right now it's shaping up to be a Ponzi scheme that ultimately can not sustain itself.

My compliments to Jeffspinballpalace who said it best.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There is 0% transparency by Dutch Pinball’s progress filling orders for EA machines.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My theory is they haven’t done this because if you put their numbers on paper, you’ll see their plan won’t work. Instead they will make and sell as many TBL’s at $12.5k and then declare bankruptcy. The number of EA’s left holding their IOU’s will number over 100. This might get take another year before it happens but when new buyers dry up, the fat lady will be done singing.

#3108 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

as I did a podcast last week recounting my take on this entire sordid odyssey.

I wasn't aware you were doing podcasts. Got a link?

#3113 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Friend of mine does a gamer-related podcast, the JPop special ain’t out yet. I think it’s aimed at people who have never really heard anything about this so far. I’ll post a link when it’s out.

Look forward to it. Hopefully you covered Christmas and other off-topics to manipulate the RAZA thread into silence. (wink, wink)

#3119 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Has anyone seen inside the Deeproot facility?
Do they have any equipment to build pinball machines.
Their website once had the employees pictured with job description. Now a hint of games to be built.
https://deeprootpinball.com/about/upcoming-games

The building was abandoned at least a month ago, probably longer.
Here's a link to pictures posted August 28th.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/495#post-6466575

#3141 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will say this of the entire experience.
It has made me want to sell pinball machines, which I’ve already started via a 3rd party, not buy any more in the future other than already being committed to Halloween.
So there you go, gonna whittle it down and figure out what’s left for me.
The whole thing is disgusting. You win. But thank you. I’m including the supposed friends that were afraid to step up and say something. The reality is…..it is what it is.
And I don’t think it’s very F ing positive either. Have a nice Labor Day and adios

Another Iceman, woe is me, I'm taking my ball and going home, drain drama. - I'm sorry your date for prom night stood you up, Dougie.

#3147 2 years ago

Otis from Mayberry

1 week later
#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Back to deeproot and Robert Mueller.
BOA and Mastercard have reversed their decision and WON'T BE refunding my money.
Lesson learned....cash is king...especially cash on the glass.
Wish I could burn deeproot also but I can't.
What's in your wallet?[quoted image]

That sucks about your Credit Card company. But I appreciate your candor in posting about it publicly. It's helpful for others to know and I suspect most people in the same situation will remain silent or pretend all is good.
You're a stand up guy, TP.

1 week later
#3231 2 years ago

Not in this thread but he has posted on Pinside. And he didn't do very well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/deeproot/forum
zdeeproot (resized).pngzdeeproot (resized).png

2 weeks later
#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

This feels like the longest charge dispute in history. Still going strong...
[quoted image]

I'm sorry to see that, it's my understanding these things take 30-40 days to resolve. What credit card did you use?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.