84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Only „true“ Jpop fans who couldn’t help but order asap (like me)

I was a "true" jpop fan who sent the man $6500 and got nothing except to be listed in his bankruptcy papers.

From one "true" fan to another, I hope it works out better for you this time.

2 months later
#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Trading is examine and considerate patterns. It lets you control your emotions and instincts = herr disappointment, frustration and anger. Pattern:
[quoted image]

Good observation. January 2022 at minimum sounds about right.

The challenge over the next 6 months is that they can't ship a game until they have 100% of all parts, and parts at agreed upon specs. Those final .5% of parts that need to be sent back for quality purposes are going to hold up everything.

4 weeks later
#1536 2 years ago

If there was good news (machines going out shortly) that would have been said. I predict the delayed update is because there's only so many ways they can explain more delays. That Spooky had an incredible day makes it even more embarrassing for the update.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

He stated he has a large preorder waiting list.

RM says a lot of things.

#1637 2 years ago

The villain changed from Ben to Neb (Ben backwards, as the alien). The deeproot version still has "Ned" as the villain.

4 weeks later
#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yep, no shortage of comments that haven't/won't age well around here.

It was a magical time to be a Zidware customer 10 years ago. I'd even call jpop once in a while, and couldn't believe I was talking to Willy Wonka himself. And then I'd be surprised how long he'd want to stay on the phone for... like, doesn't he have work to do?

I can't remember when the shine came off. It was before Expo 2014, that simply made it real for everyone.

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Did you see John's fake Houdini at Expo 2016? The one he used to trick AP into starting a company? It wasn't a real game.

but... but... but... the artwork!!!

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

and if you didn't know better (cough cough the AP owners) you'd think it was real.

Shocking that they didn't have a clue, and were surprised at the expo response.

1 week later
#2456 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Does anyone have a bridge to sell me? You don't even need a compelling sales pitch, apparently.
I'm an original Zidware customer, burned by Jpop. I decided to gamble on deeproot. Went for it with the Xtra. Figured even if I didn't like it, it was rare and I could sell it for a modest profit as compensation for my pain and suffering. Whoops!
I'm pissed, but whatever. I'd be REALLY pissed if I didn't realize it was a gamble I decided to take (could be read as my ignorance).
So anyway. Idiot alert! Send me your hugely expensive scams, I'm sure I'll bite.
Paging any Princes from Nigeria - I'll pay you cash for that check you can't cash.

I lost money to jpop, and refused to get into bed with deeproot. There was a literal few people that took deeproots refund, and they were smarter than me.

I learned some lessons that I hope will serve me for the rest of my life.

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

and as a community we do not let it happen again.

You're described as a sewer if you try to do that.

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

His attempt to persuade (read: manipulate) me was to insult my work on Ghostbusters ('Not your best work').

What a piece of garbage (him, not your work).

And look at the entire body of work you've had the opportunity to finish while with Stern. Thousands and thousands of games in the world with your artwork.

Good job.

#2498 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

it's fascinating to watch this thread gradually release its death grip on the denial stage.

It's fascinating to me as well as a parallel to the outside world and how people cling to beliefs.

#2533 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Can you imagine how many more suckers would have been burned by this if we hadn't spoken up?

Fair. Might they have sold more games if there hadn't been a tire fire thread? Quite possibly.

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't get this comment. There were a thousand warnings. I guess you either weren't reading them or were turning a blind eye.

This very thread, which was the attempt to "keep clean" of the sewer, the warnings were stated at the very start. Let alone the "other" thread.

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 2.05.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 2.05.38 PM (resized).png
#2762 2 years ago

FOMO and the BBB story definitely was what got me into RAZA during the original zidware phase. As much as $10k was at the time for a pin, I knew it was a "now or never" decision as I wouldn't pay BBB prices later for it. I wanted a Zombie game. And I was a jpop fan (like a lot of us were, or at least the Wonka fantasy version of him we had in our heads).

I wish the original zidware blog was still up, to review that about when things started to crack. It wasn't just Expo 2014 empty cabinets, that was definitely the "Emperor has no clothes" moment, but the suspicion and doubt were creeping in.

From memory, it was a slow drum beat of John simply avoiding the questions he didn't want to answer. And that suspicion continued to feed on itself.

But not before I happily sent him $6500.

#2776 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This was already at a point where he has taken money for MG & had nothing to show for it. How come that didn’t set off any alarms for you.

I'm wiser now because of it .

Honestly, if I put myself in the mindset back then... there had been no pinball failures yet. It was rainbows and unicorn time.

#2777 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People need to stop burying basic maths about business plans simply because they really want to believe and think ‘this guy is different!’

Everyone has bills to pay… and the money isn’t free. That doesn’t change because they have a cool idea…. The maths need to work or the course is set.

That's the biggest lesson, and why I had zero room to give to deeproot. I didn't bother signing their zidware agreement because none of this made sense. Some people did get a refund, so my hardcore suspicion didn't pay off as well as it could have. But at least I've never lost money again.

#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Considering the price development on new games, this is bad. The two top dogs, could do with more competition.

Despite the promise of "Ferrari at Kia prices" the deeproot prices were above market, and rising fast (they announced the pre-order prices were "intro").

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

People did say Raza will not work out.. But understand that Robert always responded to my emails and was positive about what the Deeproot team was working on. This is the reason 119 out of 122 will lose $$$ on this.. Myself included.
This was my last email from Robert on 8-11-21.[quoted image]

You went to the source to get some answers and he was denying any big problems only a few weeks ago and that somehow this "legal mess" wasn't his creation and he could resolve it quickly. Days later the building is empty and of course we now know the scope of the "legal mess".

I'm curious, at the time you received his email, how did you receive his words then? Did you believe him?

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It really sounded like this was very close to happening.

It's really unfortunate when we get betrayed by people. I certainly understand wanting to take someone at their word when they directly answer you. Hard to protect yourself from that type of deceit.

When I think about my time with jpop at Zidware, he stopped answering the questions he didn't want to answer. He dribbled out crumbs of art on a regular basis to show "progress". He never said he was weeks away from delivering my machine.

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Based on my experience, as long as you paid by credit card

The time frame here isn't years either. I'd say good odds.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

1. Could anyone of us actually do worse then Deeproot given 30 million dollars?

That would be really difficult. For what there is to show after all the money spent... it was literal destruction of wealth.

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Seriously, can you imagine if DR had George Gomez instead of JPOP? What he could have done with tens of millions of dollars...

I don't know if any pinball company could dig out of a hole of tens of millions of dollars.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.