84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (3 months ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (3 months ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (3 months ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (3 months ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1631 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yep in the beginning (2012) it wasn't RAZA it was BHZA

Oh my god, has it really been almost 10 years?

#1640 4 months ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

You may all be fascinated with the video I filmed Of ZOMBIE ADVENTURELAND in its infant stages in 2014 at the Pinball Expo...I have cued this up to the footage, although the entire video shows lots of great stuff at that show! Todd

well if that isn't worth a laugh from Iceman, I don't know what is.

#1662 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

2023 for Boerne. The wheels of IH-10 construction turn slowly.
Well, I try and avoid even heading IH-10 east these days towards Houston and that construction fiasco. I did hit the Buc-ees on the way back from Houston last month!

Yeah, that's just TX in general. It took them over a YEAR here in Dallas to redo the ramp from Woodall Rodgers to 30-W....and guess what it does now? Instead of dumping onto 35 and using that exit, it dumps back on the service road, in the SAME PLACE that the exit 100 feet in front of it goes! Like...what the fuck was even the point?! You have two exit loops going to the same place now. Idiots.

#1700 4 months ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Would be nice if buyers would keep it confidential to dry out the sewer.

Because that theory worked SO WELL for Zidware and Predator!

#1715 4 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I own Duke Nukem Forever.

I must be missing the joke here. The game was released. Or is the joke that it was released and a total piece of crap?

#1721 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there a reason you or anyone in the other group don’t?? You guys seem to be the ones in despair needing something to chat about. Go knock, ring the bell do whatever you like. Have fun!

To be fair, I offered to go down there and sign a NDA a LONG time ago if they were willing to show me anything that looked like real games or real production. All I wanted to do was be able to say if I felt like they were legit or not, not speak about any of the games or their tech directly.

Nobody took me up on it.

#1754 4 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Duke Nukem Forever was the definition of vaporware (srsly), yet it was still released decades later.
So Deeproot is still not near as close to vaporware yet and even if, there still might be a game at the end of it.
I actually mildly liked Duke Nukem Forever. It has a pinball machine in it as well!

Yeah...I mean...it was only such a letdown that it killed the franchise.

Will RAZA kill deeproot even if they release it? Stay tuned...

#1780 4 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Deeproot failing, which many of you hope happens, only results in your fellow pinball enthusiasts getting hurt and jobs being lost at deeproot.

People used this same argument with Skit-B, Zidware, Heighway, and that other stupid company that made TBL (I can't be arsed to remember).......nobody on Pinside caused these companies to fail. They're just terrible companies with terrible management.

Ideally we all WOULD like to see you guys with money in get games, but also, for the GOOD OF THE HOBBY, companies like this need to die, and will die. Given history, you have a long long fight ahead of you to just get *anything*, much less an actual functioning game. There is no good solution. Ya'll want to have a hissy fit over anything that doesn't agree with your position, but yet you can't even see that nothing that ANYONE SAYS HERE MATTERS in terms of "will Deeproot ship games or not?" or that the "wishes of the OP" on Pinside have always, and will always mean exactly *zero*. It's like you've never once ever looked at a sale post.

Quoted from Yelobird:

hunting for grains of nothing

Some would argue that's what buyers of this game are precisely doing after following bad money with more bad money after Zidware. The people that are still carrying their money forward from paying JPOP (if that's even a thing, I can't keep up with all this)...those guys I actually feel bad for. Anyone that chose to put new money in....I just can't. I still hope you get your game, but you made a terrible, illogical decision knowing all the risks.

More on topic though, holy shit that playfield art is chaotic as hell. I see what Ben was talking about with the inserts being labeled with a bunch of nonsense. Do you really need a flasher hotdog just to tell you to attack a main objective?

#1782 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oddly it feels the exact Opposite from my position. lol

I primarily would like Deeproot to succeed just for Bowden's sake. It's terrible that guy gave up a career to go work for a company that sure SEEMS like it's going to explode. Take that as you will.

#1789 4 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Which one?
[quoted image]

Ooh, Metropolis!

1 week later
#1971 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Minds will be blown.

I can only speak for myself that the ultimate mind-blowing was that people continued to support anything coming out of Zidware. Anything that happens after that pales in comparison. If anyone is claiming they're genuinely surprised by this latest update....they either haven't paid attention at all, live in a cave, or are outright liars. I think most of us expected it despite any claims to the contrary. Meh. At least I can stop following this for a while again.

FWIW the buyers *should* go make their own FB group. It didn't really accomplish much for Zidware in the sense of keeping info off Pinside, as someone's always willing to yap, but if removing yourselves from the equation makes you feel better about things...then go for it. God knows I've made that choice a hundred times on Pinside, and will make that choice again after Ultraman shows up at my door.

#2035 3 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

It’s over??
Nothing is over.
Did they say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??
Hell no!!
Leave him alone….he’s on a roll.
Has there been any announcement that this project is over? Or are we just reading the tea leaves.
I’m not giving up!!
Cmon RM!! Crank out a machine for me!!

Stockholm Syndrome is real.

Also....missing one of the key points of the biggest war in history is uh.....wow.

#2047 3 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

Have you seen Animal House?? It was a JOKE!………..uh………wow. But thanks for your history lesson. Lmao.

No, actually, I haven't. And I wasn't the first person to mention that so what the hell ever, man.

I couldn't care less that you were trying to make some asinine joke that fell on it's face. Use the sarcasm tag if you're joking. Otherwise, I assume you're an idiot. Expecting that every person on the face of the earth is going to get your reference to a 40+ year old movie is.....ignorant at best.

#2051 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Actually, 3 people did comment and understood it was an Animal House reference. Try not to take it to serious or personal. We are just having fun.

*Shrug* I'm good.

#2169 3 months ago

Was that the dude that was going to make that ridiculous Cthulu pin with the trim on the BACK of the head, and everyone told me I was full of it when I said that thing will never be released? I can't even keep these a-holes straight anymore.

#2207 3 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

So if you are following there is likely 1 - 5 new companies getting into the pinball field for 2022.

That's a scary thought. Given history, 3 or 4 of them at minimum will be total scams and never see the light of day.

#2334 3 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

You keep telling yourself that while you go back to the DR thread to justify your inability to show some decent etiquette.

Glasshouse-philip-johnson (resized).jpg
#2382 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Post #8 PDX monkey was already like WTF. Ice, said no problem, over blown hah. A Combined 45,000 posts later. Not 1 positive aspect. I really thank you, this is going to start a whole new discussion.[quoted image]

Oh, the secret blog! That is the comedy gold right there. That was some good times. Shows you how far we have come when 7 years later these guys are right back to talking about the possibility of getting s00per s33krit info out to all the owners in a private manner that surely won't be leaked, and will definitely prove games are going to be built. Right back to square one, fellas.

1 week later
#2489 3 months ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I can't believe you actually just wrote this.

Look who you're quoting, there.

#2521 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Apologies will be accepted publicly or privately.

If they owe you one, they damn sure owe me one too, lol.

"Mueller used deeproot and Policy Services bank accounts to make hundreds, if not thousands, of additional payments in support of the deeproot-affiliated businesses, but kept such poor records that any individual payment cannot yet be attributed specifically to one of the Defendants or Relief Defendants."

Well damn, it seems so obvious now! If you don't keep records nobody can find anything out! E-Z!

1 week later
#3019 89 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hey Ben, what company you doing a gig for right now, contract, whatever? Full employee, part time, only contract?
Just remember, people remember. And I kind of now the people over there at CGC to.
I know it's pinside, but this isn't the wild west, everybody's looking. See what I did there.

Threatening someone's livelihood is even more of a douche move than anything he'd said to this point.

Quoted from cooked71:

Do you think there’s an alternate reality where Robert ends up in a special state correctional facility where instead of inmates making number plates they make pinball machines and all 122 RAZA owners are made good?

Is Robert the Loki of pinball?

remember when saying Jpoop was a bannable offense here? I do.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

People always came away feeling great after talking to Andrew Heighwey.

Ew? Really? When I went to IFPA Nationals in Vegas, he was there at the show. Dude seemed utterly zoned out and incapable of making a coherent statement. What little he said was gibberish, and as I stood there being underwhelmed by that motorcycle game (I can't even remember the name!!) he didn't even try to explain anything, or show off anything.

Good god I'm still 2 days behind on this thread...

#3082 88 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

AND.....That post is from 11 days ago, where you been, your late.

Excuse the hell out of me. I'm in the middle of moving houses and already at 14 hours of overtime for the week.

#3083 88 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Frax has to keep the hate flowing. They can’t let it go
Remember, they are protecting us poor dummies from ourselves. Lol

Please. I'm a hell of a lot nicer than you are most days.

#3088 88 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like you Frax despite your sometimes negative outlook. A fellow Texan. If you are ever down here in SA sometime come by and play some pinball and hang out. You’ll get to see the real Iceman that local pin guys know and my other friends on here.
What do you want for Xmas!

I'm purely talking about board behavior. I don't believe we have ever met in person, and I mostly keep to myself at TPF. I can tell you based on prior years' experiences I will not be wasting my time going to Wild Pitch or whatever this coming year, assuming it happens.....it always just ends up being my weird introvert ass with social anxiety hanging around the edge of the room with my wife and not talking to anyone. Total waste of time for me. ~_~ And I've made an actual effort to be less of an ass since my prior hiatus. I'm always down for meeting other Pinsiders, so if you're in Dallas (I don't travel much, odds of me ever being in SA for anything other than a game pickup are nearly zero) for TPF or whatever, just ping me and we can play a few games.

I also don't "do" Christmas. I hate receiving gifts from people more than I hate trying to figure out what someone else wants. I'd much rather just have a genuine honest conversation with someone than have them give me more junk I don't need. I'm hoping for a new job and to be fully moved and settled in by the end of the year...that would be more than enough for me!

#3155 85 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

Truer words have never been spoken on this forum.
Frankly, if Iceman stops reading/posting on Pinside, he could very well wind up enjoying the pinball hobby more, not less. And that goes for many of us in my experience.

It worked for me. *shrug* I'm only here until my Ultraman drops.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside