84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipstream.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I wrote it off with Jpop right outta the gate. Kinda wish I payed more attention to what was going on... yet another pinball soap opera.

I was cautiously optimistic when I saw Fliptronic's Twitch stream with a functional, playable table. The business history and too many red flags like the NDA previews (Review embargoes are never a good sign), the PinPod announcement (Really?), and general lack of communication or manufacturing pictures/updates still kept me from preordering. Delays in manufacturing happen, more so with COVID and chip shortages, although it would be expected that they would attempt to keep up hype with media posts. In hindsight it all makes sense.

Putting all the drama aside it's still a bummer. The table looked interesting and seemed like a CV 2.0, and JPop designed some of my favorite tables.

Quoted from Kneissl:

pinbar seemed kinda neat i guess.

Agreed, although it felt more like a solution in search of a problem. I'm all for companies innovating, although if I were an operator I'm not sure a touch screen is something I'd want on a table. Talking to local arcade owners and hearing horror stories of kids hanging off of extended plungers and bending rods, drinks/food over glass...yikes. Seems like it would be expensive to replace, and doesn't add enough value over the current flipper button, start/action, LCD/DMD display process that currently exists.

I liked that the cabinet was visually different, although they invested a ton into the cabinet side art technology which is usually sandwiched between other machines. Same with the short LED screen. Why do machines need a backglass in this era? JJP has the right idea, just make the whole backbox a display with speakers and be done.

1 week later
#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m want to play AIQ cuz I love JP so much. The rules look soooo confusing, but I need to feel it to know whether that’s true during gameplay.

The gem functionality on AIQ feels very similar to how B66 minor villains work during play. The level of the Avenger dictates the the level of improvement the gem provides, with different functionality for the drop targets and Captain Marvel spinner/ramp. For the most part it's just remembering which gems do what.

I had my AIQ Premium for about six months before I sold it. Outside of score min/maxing, the game boils down to collecting gems and Avengers, wash, rinse, repeat. Looking past the very hungry outlanes the table shoots great, I was just ultimately disappointed with how the rules turned out. To be fair, I'm progression focused and not score focused, so AIQ just doesn't resonate with me.

1 month later
#3270 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Define „non existent“.
When they opened order banks the game existed. (Well, two machines that is.)
The machines for sale were not made yet, but so is every Stern you preorder before it is at retailers.

I think the point you are trying to make is pre-ordering Stern tables isn't zero risk either. This is true. However, I wouldn't use a 35 year old company with leading numbers of annual pinball tables produced and sold around the world as an equivalent risk comparison to Deeproot.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

There won‘t be any new manufacturers if they have to deliver machines to retailers before orders and money come in.

This is how legitimate business works. A new company secures start-up capital, uses that money to develop and produce a product that gets sold to distributors, then use those sales to sustain and grow the business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipstream.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=flipstream and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.