84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

IMPORTANT REQUEST!!!
I really hope and am asking the Pinsiders that have preordered RAZA to stop sharing the personal email updates from Robert/deeproot here in the forum. Nothing good comes from it as can be seen. That’s all it does is stir the pot and regardless of the content will create more negativity for the company we are supporting.
My suggestion is to keep the updates private, as per Robert’s hopes in the January update, and communicate with each other through PM with anything specific or questions regarding the official updates. There is no benefit for those that didn’t preorder RAZA to have the official updates. Most of those people are doing nothing but hurting the company we are invested in and will only make the path to success harder for deeproot than they have already made it for themselves. Let’s keep this thread going with public info and discussion but please keep the official updates private as these updates will be dissected to no end with ill intentions in the “other” thread.
Thanks,
Wayne

I know I have not preordered and will take my leave again after this:

As someone who srsly cares this is the only news we get and a sign that they're still alive and kicking.
So I appreciate reading it.

And yes some of it is not worded well and they're behind their own schedule but anybody that really went in on RAZA knew that would happen, I assume.

3 weeks later
#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Iceman has quit Pinside.
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#1017 3 years ago

I missed you guys!!! ;_;

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why else would someone say "I would not put my kids pics out for the public, especially if I was a shit stirrer."
Or "If I was an asshole to everyone, the last thing I would do is put my baby's picture on a public forum."
Please explain why it would be ok to post a pic of your kid if you are a Deeproot supporter/buyer, but NOT if you are an "asshole" or "shit stirrer."
I will wait for your insightful explanation.

Because as a Deeproot buyer you believe in and actively try to build a better future, for generations to come!

1 week later
#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hard to describe but Robert kind of implied that Kaneda was full of shit.

Wich indicates that Roberts perception of things is on a good track...

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

[quoted image]
Let's see...
Haggis has actually shipped games to customers. Damien (the owner) has garnered a lot of goodwill and positive feelings due to his enthusiastic personality. They've seemingly cracked the code on how to make dimple-free playfields that are good-looking (no orange peel). They haven't tried to totally reinvent the wheel with Fathom (just incremental improvements). And, they haven't repeatedly trashed their competitors.
Hmm...none of those things can said of deeproot. So I'd say it's unlikely Haggis will take the same heat as RM/deeproot.

I like Damien but to announce the second game the instant he shipped his first machine, taking preorders and having a pretty 'optimistic' timeline worries me as well... a bit.

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Noone taking the RAZA relief fund. I dont qualifier as EU order.
[quoted image]

It‘s only 95% certified anyways, so...

1 week later
#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Agreed but since this machine has had the 10 plagues my optimism and patients are beginning to wane. Don't blow smoke up my ass. The pinball manufacturing should have been locked down well before doing pre orders. So should the xtra toppers. Not trying to go negative but if they can't run a manufacturing operation get someone who can.

Well they posted their updates as promised so I‘m confident they‘ll stick to that.

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Where. I have nothing in my email. Give a source please. I'm getting tired of cat and mouse just fucking deliver or fail and give us our money back.

Please read what I wrote again.

And since you know that their NEXT update is supposed to follow mid May I assume you allready have read their LAST update.

If you don't get them in your mail, yes just tell'em.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

This update says basically there is no update and, beside of the tone with « happy birthday » mention, it feels like RM is frustrated as well and is hiding things regarding probably manufacturing problems.
They are really acting like they no longer have trust on Raza and no longer root (no joke) for their first pin and maybe are already thinking of the 2nd title hoping the boat will still be afloat...
Seriously, i don’t think they could survive to a big fail regarding their first pin, they HAVE to make it right...

What is there to hide?

„We made no progress. You can have your money back if you don‘t want to wait. We‘ll sell those slots to others.“

He‘s avoiding getting shit, by refunding, while still planning to fulfill those orders (just to others).

Who‘d order their second game at this state?

#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Making no progress might be related to manufacturing issues. Anyway that’s conjecture...

That is possible but it doesn‘t really matter.

Yes he refrained from giving info like before, that they‘re on track with this and that. But it‘s better to do it this way imho than allways spreading the hope and fail again (2 weeks Andrew Heighway style).

And he is right with one thing undoubtedly, while they‘re waiting and trying to solve issues the market and prices for parts are wild. It‘s hard(er) for anyone now.

So basically now it‘s „it‘s done when it‘s done“ but at least they‘re still on it.

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I disagree with the idea than this update is better than nothing.

I do too. Who said that?

I just said he's not "hiding" problems just because he doesn't tell you in detail each single one they have.
It is obvious they have problems, otherwise the game would be out in the wild.

The rest, yeah, well... they should propably share something, but they haven't up until now, so why start now?
And if their problems are bigger then they made it sound it would also fall back on them.

But time IS money indeed...

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I’ve been focused on rehabbing a total knee replacement since April 1st and then getting through another tax season.
It’s nice to see nothing has changed other than the “combative” stuff has spilled over to this club thread. Lol
For the guys still hanging in I’ll remind you that the local guy that has more hours on this pin than any non employee really likes it a lot and puts it up there with my top games.
So we will see and I’ll wait to watch some heads twist off now.
I realize even the haters are getting tired of hearing themselves chatter and begging DR to put an end to it.

Welcome back. I honestly thought of you a minute earlier (in a totally straight kind of way) when I saw TheCapn s new DR video, hoping you‘d chime in.
Happy you‘re (halfway) well, get back in full shape soon!

#1373 2 years ago

So many Preordererers...

Whoops! I‘m gone...

1 month later
#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No concerns at all and have personally waited more then 5 months for much lessor titles. I for one am well aware of all he has said in the past as it’s been replayed by many hundreds of times and personally could care less. I bought a pinball machine not a relationship/partnership with RM. I’m not in love with Gary Stern yet I buy every game. Still have little concern on this project no matter how much people love to doubt our decision. Luckily my decision is all that matters.

But I‘m sure Gary loves YOU for that!

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Possible but likely not. He (his team) makes a product I buy a product I like. No love just a mutual interest.

He loves the fruit of your labour then, as do you.

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Vacation America.

That was John T.

#1529 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1535 2 years ago

Next update is supposed to be out soonish, right?

At least they’re still kicking: There‘s some new rules stuff at Fun with Bonus.

1 week later
#1591 2 years ago

Did I miss something? I thought the update is coming july 19th?

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I never read of any firm date on the next update from Deeproot. After July 4th was the only date mentioned.
I am now ready for some games to built since I will have one of the last ones to be delivered as I ordered very late the night before the order cutoff date.

A3FC6031-7776-46E1-B928-55ED40AC6319 (resized).pngA3FC6031-7776-46E1-B928-55ED40AC6319 (resized).png
#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here is the quote from Deeproot's last public communication posted on May 18th.

Yes. And then this posted above your post dropped. It‘s on TWIP also. (Good Website, very few people here seem to go there.)

At least they seem to have hope to have something to update on by next week. I‘d not be that overly optimistic that the games are shipping soon, but maybe at least certification is done or something.

#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Robert M’s decision to delay an update was a mistake. He promised the community they would get an update and then didn’t provide it.

He didn't delay an update and didn't promise one for a specific date, just read again what was written and stop going on rants based on (made up) stuff like that. (There is enough to rant about but this is not it and soley on yourself.)

He was asked. He answered. They hope the week of 19th they have something to tell, that'd be this week. WEEK. We'll see.

#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

But he DID delay an update DS_Nadine--Robert said after the 4th of July holiday he'd give an update.

It IS, after July 4th. And next week. And the week after.

Plz. read again his exact wording.

He specifically said that there will NOT be an immidiate update after July 4th, it's just they don't think that they will have any updateworthy progress before that date.

He may have broken your hopes but no promises.

#1714 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You also don't own a RAZA. Club threads are for actual games, not vaporware. Get DR to ship one machine and y'all can have an official club of your own. Til then this is just a gathering of hopefuls.
I mean, the texas dude has a zidware game in his 'owned in the past' list. You can't have owned something that never existed. This thread is funny in a sad way

I own Duke Nukem Forever.

#1727 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I must be missing the joke here. The game was released. Or is the joke that it was released and a total piece of crap?

Duke Nukem Forever was the definition of vaporware (srsly), yet it was still released decades later.

So Deeproot is still not near as close to vaporware yet and even if, there still might be a game at the end of it.

I actually mildly liked Duke Nukem Forever. It has a pinball machine in it as well!

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not going to defend as the only ones bothered by it didn't buy a game lol.

I'd appreciate if they would put out the update this time ore even a short notice when to expect something.

I'm not completely out of the club, since a distributor here ordered a batch of Razas but won't take preorders himself (we all can guess why).
So, I couldn't buy a game yet if I wanted, but I'm interrested and still "in the game" and very relaxed, since I didn't pay a dime yet.

#1841 2 years ago

TWIP today...

#1878 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is there a new podcast with new details?
Something new revealed?

No, only new podcasts with old interviews with Robert, cut to be the ultimate troll episodes.

#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Cut? He said it all and more. Robert couldn’t “cut” his statements to NOT sound like an asshole.

It‘s cut into a monologue.

And yes RM said all that, there has nothing been altered. But we know all that (old stuff) and it‘s brought up every day, so there is no value in that podcast other then sheer trolling for entertainment purposes.

#1885 2 years ago

I missed that "public service" part. Is Kaneda now transmitting podcasts into the past or for whom is this helpful at this point with orderbanks closed for 7 months?

Fact is, there is no new information. And for the sole hypothetical customer that ordered a game from DR without knowing about all the broken promises, well... he doesn't know that promises, so he doesn't care. He/ She will also never read what you wrote and don't listen to Kanedas podcast either.

Just be happy to have a reason/ excuse whining about the same stuff all over again and let the (in know) rest of us be.

#1888 2 years ago

My point is, for whom is this information helpful, besides for you to troll?

Noone argues that Deeproot didn't deliver (yet); we all know that.
It's just shouting "he's dead" for several hours after the funeral is over is annoying.

#1891 2 years ago

I allready wrote why that is BS top to bottom.

If I'm wrong feel free to get one of this "some people" that actually ordered a game here, that were completey oblivious until todays enlightenment, so I stand corrected.

#1893 2 years ago

Ok, I'm corrected. (Partially. This guy just ignored the negative nancy.)

I'm glad this guys life got so much better, now that he's in the know and can doubt his purchase every day.

#1911 2 years ago

Care to share?

There‘s still people like me potentially in and just interrested.

#1916 2 years ago

Thx.

Wonder who sued them.

It‘s basically a „there‘s nothing we can talk about“ update, wich was kinda to be expected. They could still be updating on certification and stuff so it‘s really even less then anticipated.

Not good. Still hope they‘ll make it, why won‘t I?

#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

What is "potentially in" ? There aren't any games for sale.

I explained earlier. There are. Distributors overseas ordered some and won't take preorders themselves (but interrest lists) for the time being.

#1977 2 years ago

RM's LinkedIn profile is also gone as well as Deeproot Wealth Advisors profile.

Nothing is over until it's over, but I think this is pretty much it, sadly.

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can we get back to discussing this Germany/Pearl Harbor thing?

#2173 2 years ago

Never give up!

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

So just more speculation...got it.

It is, but at this point, closing down Facebook & LinkedIn profiles as well as their service number, there should be at least an "we're still alive and just restructuring" update.

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nobody is buying RAZA from dr’s going-out-of-business sale, setting up manufacturing, taking deposits and then making RAZA. Nobody is that stupid. The design, gameplay and software are only so so. We don’t even know if everything works nor if everything intended to be added has been added. There is no wow factor found in this game. The Pinbar has to be removed prior to manufacturing and that necessitates its removal from code which it is closely entwined.
Why would anybody even want to buy a RAZA under these circumstances? How many could they sell, maybe 25?
Reality - RAZA’s will not be made by deeproot. deeproot is dead. Nobody will buy up assets and produce RAZA. RAZA’s will not be made. There is no chance and no hope.

I'd buy one and there'll allways be hope. It's free!

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Excuse me but we now have Alien remake. Quit making shit up now. They had been working on it for years along with the coding updates. Cointaker would confirm
that.
And i also said TBL was coming out of litigation to get made again and that happened first. Same source and Cointaker would confirm that as well.
Kaneda was right all along based on what I told him. It just took a LONG time to play out
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ac6faabd4a66ab32dd25d76792d3dfb8107feda4-1628846744-1800"};
//]]>

As for DR, you can make up your BS, I live in San Antonio and know some of the parties involved and …….
So you monkeys just keep humping that Robert DR football!!

So any idea what is going on right now that would make them take down multiple accounts from FB & LI , companies as well as personal accounts, and shut off their phone line?

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty simple in my view. The negatives far outweighed the positive. Example compare this thread (minus the pop in gloaters) vs the other thread. I can only imagine the messages they were receiving lol. As for contact i would only say don’t believe everything you read by “others”. I have called and emailed several times and always gotten a reply. (As long as you have a vested interest). I see it as a means to filter out the hate/attacks which is Kind of what was attempted with this thread. Not that easy as this thread Also proves. Lol

I find this to be te most perfectly understandable but also most horrible answer/ reason yet. XD

(Question is if they still reply to Pre-Order Customers but some people tried and get answers allready, so that seems to be fine. Not sure if Stemmy is a customer, since he states to got none.)

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You gotta admit, functionalty-aside, that original Houdini LOOKS amazing aesetically.

It does, but the new package (style aside) does a way better job to capture the essence of who Houdini really was (aaand then sprinkled Steampunk stuff on top XD).

#2409 2 years ago

So... Cary made a new (Omnibus) video referring to messages from 2 Deeproot employees, saying that they've gotten no pay the last month.

In "positive" news, that seems not to be a irregularity around DR staff, according to Carys previous statements.

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I thought it was confirmed that everyone is furloughed right now?

Propably my misunderstanding (since I never heard that word before). XD

#2423 2 years ago

I'm sorry I stirred that up again. I will refrain from posting now (until there is a definate end -hopefully positive- in sight).

#2477 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm sorry I stirred that up again. I will refrain from posting now (until there is a definate end -hopefully positive- in sight).

Well, that got old quickly…

I still think RM believed his own words, wanted to make himself some pinball and own shitloads of money as a side effect. Since, you know, pinball is easy. - And why wait and not spend that money right now, when you know you‘ll ship more games then anyone else!?

It‘s srsly sad, since there was actually a lot of creative investment there. I hope not all will be lost.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am surprised to see this come down when it did. Figured it might take longer to play out. Although all it took was a few investment advisers that didn’t like the updates they were getting after placing their clients money with the 575 fund.
It’s not just Mueller, this is going to have far reaching consequences for all of those people. The people that dropped $58 mill into the fund had no idea about pinball and their advisors are gonna pay the price too.
$58 million. Like I’ve said many times before, pinball was just the sideline story to the much BIGGER picture
It looks like Bobby is in BIG trouble.
Whatever assets there are will be sold off and $$ collected to repay the investors in whatever way that means.
While it appears DR and Bobby are finished let’s see who and if someone steps into the void to pick up these games
How about those PPP funds? Don’t see this one ending well.

Srsly, noone better buy that JPop licenses, they‘re obviously cursed.

#2481 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I feel for all of the victims of Jpop/DeepRoot etc. That includes employees that no doubt looked past evident problems for their love of pinball.
Hindsight is 20/20 but there was foresight here too which makes it worse.
I was visited by Jpop in 2016 and asked to finish the art for all of the projects I had started with him. (Some never seen to this day) I was trying to be nice but indicating I had no desire. His attempt to persuade (read: manipulate) me was to insult my work on Ghostbusters ('Not your best work'). I told him it was produced in 6 months, and existed, and was real.
Regardless, eventually Robert reached out an I was pretty flippant and probably insulting by saying I NEVER wanted to work with John again and anyone who would want to was crazy. Needless to say, litigation was bandied around and eventually I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with any of the work I had done.
It was clear RM had little clue what he was getting into back then - but it's been how much time now? Seeing the alleged criminality is no big surprise in hindsight.... Narcissistic opportunists tend to take other folks for a ride to their benefit...
I just hope this saga is finally done...? Maybe?

JPop was right about one thing tough; since you seem to get even better every game, GB is not your „best work“.

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Need cold beverages.

At least that‘s stable!

Still hope I‘ll come around someday. XD

1 week later
#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The main takeaway from Yelobird's post for me is that AMEX kicks ass.

My takeaway (complaint) is that we sadly lost Jeff over this shit (as a final nail in the coffin it seems).

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-hiatus/

#2965 2 years ago

I‘m completely lost what you‘re arguing about.

Yelo wanted that machine, pre ordered, was relaxed the hole time, didn‘t work out, got his money back from amex, said he didn‘t loose anything so why not try to believe when you can only gain something, get‘s a trillion downvotes. - Okay…

Jeff from TWIP takes sponsorship from deeproot, cut‘s that as soon as they take money (wich I think is highly responsible knowing what he knows but still have to remain meutral), get‘s threatened/ blackmailed from DR/ Jpop haters so he closes down the site. - Okay…

What are some of you guys getting out of this threatening people into your opinion?!

Whom is this helping?

The one go to source for „drama free“ pinball/ pinside info was killed by drama in pinball/ pinside.

*facepalm*

#3005 2 years ago

What I ask myself to humour me:

1. Could anyone of us actually do worse then Deeproot given 30 million dollars?

2. So if next, let‘s say Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk discover their love for pinball and try to get JPops „it’s nearly done, 4th time‘s the charm, srsly now“ games built, would they go broke too? - Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer get‘s to design a car and the company immediately goes bancrupt.

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

[quoted image]

You may not understand it -and it is a stretch- but Iceman is right.

The way it is, there'll be new TBL games fr everybody and if the make enough money they will be able to fulfill EA Orders.

Yes it would be great if they could poop out money and just deliver the EA games this instant, but with the leftovers they have now they may deliver some of that games and then close down for good. What we have now is far better then anyone could have anticipated.

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

What I have learned from this thread:
#1. Don't invest in a start-up. Wait until they produce a pin.
#2 Refrain from sending pro-order money. If you do, use a credit card that allows charge backs.
#3 Don't ever buy into anything JPOP. He has proven time and time again to be a COMPLETE failure at producing pins.
#4 Spend less time on Pinside and more time enjoying the hobby and life in general. But while on Pinside, try to state your opinions without making
personal attacks.
#5 Pinball is HARD.

1. As a consumer - yes, if you ant to be safe. As an investor you have to to take a risk. But the difference here is that the investors didn't know what the money was invested in. -_-;

2. That ~1000$ for most here wouldn't kill them (different to the 200k from the original investors), but yeah. CC or order over a distributor.

3. Well he DID design a Zizzle pin.

4. Spend NO time on pinside. (Wait, what? Why am I here?!)

5. Srsly pinball is easy... IN COMPARISON to a car, wich much more parts walk into... but also is much more optimized/ standardized manufacturingwise.

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Seriously, can you imagine if DR had George Gomez instead of JPOP? What he could have done with tens of millions of dollars...

I wasn't there but from all my experience setting up car manufacturing "circumstances" I'd say it's mostly a management error, so related to RM.

The game itself (Raza) was more or less fully playable since 1,5 years ago.

#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I meant if George was there from the start.

Srsly it wouldn't have change the outcome a bit. That would've required RM to LISTEN.

Edit: And since this is pretty obvious someone like GG would've never went there (and in fact didn't).

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We all hope that proves to be true but just like with RAZA, some of us see red flags and have now become skeptics about TBL. I guess the DP believers and naive will now label us as the mob and haters for that.
I hope I'm wrong, but right now it's shaping up to be a Ponzi scheme that ultimately can not sustain itself.
My compliments to Jeffspinballpalace who said it best.

All perfectly possible but this still is our best hope that they'll eventually manage to pump all games out.

At least they (well "him" now) have proven that they're not giving up.

That's all LEAGUES above Deeproot!

#3093 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hope means nothing if you don’t have reality to back it up.

You have. It's in the dictionary!

2 weeks later
#3229 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Pinside is a terrific place to communicate with other pinball people. Absolutely love it…..even the people I disagree with.
However, certain topics really flare up strong opinions and disagreements beyond the norm imho.
It’s all good though and still better than talking about work!!!

You should change jobs!

1 week later
#3246 2 years ago

Any Raza Preorder spots for sale yet?

To soon... ?

scnr

#3250 2 years ago

not beeing a total arse != blind optimism

I will admit tought that I didn't thought that really EVERY prejudice against Robert/ Deeproot would come/ be true.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think Levi's point was Don't buy a Non Existing Game - Period.
I agree with him on that one. Pinball buying 101
Just don't do it.
Keep your cash, put away your credit card and don't trade away your books of S&H Green stamps on any Non Existent game.

Define „non existent“.

When they opened order banks the game existed. (Well, two machines that is.)

The machines for sale were not made yet, but so is every Stern you preorder before it is at retailers.

There won‘t be any new manufacturers if they have to deliver machines to retailers before orders and money come in.

1 week later
#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I think the point you are trying to make is pre-ordering Stern tables isn't zero risk either.

No, that was not the point. The point is how you'd define "non existent". You can be pretty sure you'll get a "non existent" ( = not yet manufactured and sitting in a retailers warehouse) Stern, but there's a lot of ground (companys) inbetween Stern and Deeproot.

Quoted from Flipstream:

This is how legitimate business works. A new company secures start-up capital, uses that money to develop and produce a product that gets sold to distributors, then use those sales to sustain and grow the business.

That is correct but according to that noone besides Stern is a legitimate business. You'll pay preoder money in full oder in part everywhere, and didn't JJP collect in full upfront when working years on Woz?

Point is, other companys have nice machines as well and if you want one you're in for a more or less risky ride.
Like, is "Fathom Revisited" a "non existent" game? It was anounced when Hagis barely shipped out the first games (wich is significantly more then Deeproot ever did). Is Big Lebowski existant (it's like Schrödinger's cat)? Everyone decides for him/herself if he/she is willing to take the risk.

1 month later
#3284 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Might it be that Amex is taking the loss themselves rather than having DR refunded Amex the money?

I'm pretty sure they have an insurance for that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.