84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 3 years ago

Can anybody talk about the extras they added to their Arcade Editions? I'm trying to keep this thing on a budget and not blow up the price to a crazy amount. This is how I'm thinking of kitting mine out. What did everyone else do for theirs?

Trim & Legs: Stainless
Coin Door: Black
PinBar Screen Protector: none
Rings: Standard
Shaker Motor: None
Toys: Upgraded Toy Package (+$125)
GI Lighting: Installed (+120)
Glass: Standard
Topper: Standard Topper (+$300)
Standard PinKit Care Package: None
Support Package: Standard
Warranty Package: Standard
Shipping Container: Normal Box

Subtotal came to $6440. I'm questioning whether I really need the GI Lighting / Pinstadiums, as I generally play in a well-lit room, but the cost for them isn't too much really compared to actual pinstadiums. I opted not to get the neon rubbers, as I could always add them in later myself if I really felt like it. I also didn't add a shaker, as I don't care for them a whole lot to be worth the extra $100 to me.

I'm still debating whether to pull the trigger or not, as I'm also tempted to go in on an Alien instead, or try to wait for CGC's next game or for CGC to run some more MM SE's. And I'm also instead thinking about holding out for a nice used Wonka LE or a maybe even a Ghostbusters. Too many options on the table right now. It's a good time for Pinball I think!

#185 3 years ago

Does anyone know how easy or hard it will be to change the glass on Raza? I've all ready got Invisiglass, so it seemed redundant to order RAZA with it, since i could just use my own, but now I'm wondering if it might be difficult to swap the glass?

#198 3 years ago

Another question, does anyone know the dimensions of RAZA? Specifically, how wide is the backbox? I've got some narrow doorways, and a lot of times I end up having to unhinge backboxes to bring them in/out. New Sterns are narrow enough that I'm fine, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew how wide RAZA's are?

#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It is the same as a B/W in size as noted.

Yeah, I just wondered what the actual dimensions were, since the DR backbox is a different shape than a Bally/Williams. Although, it's still generally square I suppose.

2 months later
#867 3 years ago

I nearly pre-ordered a RAZA, but decided to wait for a different DR game. The features of the platform excited me, but the actual game...not so much. I hope that we actually get more games from DR, and that we get them in a timely fashion. Their current track-record is terrible, and I don't understand how they are keeping the doors open. The revenue from 160 games sold won't come close to making the company financially viable. Especially, when you consider that DR probably doesn't even really know how much it will cost them to make each game.

I'd love to see DR's next game, but I'm honestly afraid that may be another year or more away.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oddly nobody will take your bet lol. Seemed like easy money for anyone confident.

How could anyone be confident that DR won't at least ship some Razas? By all accounts they are near the finish line. And no one but DR employees and insiders really knows what's going on in there. Even Steve Bowden, who works there, made it sound like he had no clue when Raza would ship.

A better bet would be will DR make any games after Raza? Or will their next game be out by the end of 2021. Those are bets ICE would get takers on.

2 weeks later
#924 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I wouldn’t say I am optimistic on the next update, I would say there would be little news and no specific date again. But, I still believe at some point the games will ship I just think my original estimate is more likely and I said that is likely June.

Yeah, June sounds like a fair estimate to me. It's been a looooong wait. I'm getting anxious to actually see games go out the door.

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On the long wait aspect I must have different expectations then others. I personally don't judge a wait by speculation or promotion but more so by Order date. Which in this case (to me) is still rather low and in the norm by my book. Waited 12 months for POTCCE, 18 months for WOZ, waited 3 years for BBB, waited Years for TBL all from deposit order so if 3 months is the norm I am fine with that...

Well, it feels like a long wait since deeproot started. And I keep expecting them to be almost ready to ship, and then months more go by. So it feels like a long wait to me.

Also, I firmly believe that RAZA wasn't supposed to ship with the Pinbar, and instead the Pinbar would've debuted on a subsequent game. I think RM decided to add it once the pandemic hit. It's the only way that I can explain the huge delay between last March's TPF "5 days" event and last Fall's failed event.

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

You are making up information. Who cares what you “think”? There’s fact and fiction.

Yikes! Who bit your butt?!

1 month later
#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Just saying Fathom 2.0 is taking non-refundable deposits too and will have long waits and a very aggressive build schedule. Let's see if they get ripped like DR even though DR has to date has offered to take up some of Zidware's customers issues (not all their liabilities - I don't think they should be responsible for that) and took minimal money from people.

Chris-Evans-as-Old-Steve-Rogers-in-Avengers-Endgame (resized).jpgChris-Evans-as-Old-Steve-Rogers-in-Avengers-Endgame (resized).jpg

Let's see...

Haggis has actually shipped games to customers. Damien (the owner) has garnered a lot of goodwill and positive feelings due to his enthusiastic personality. They've seemingly cracked the code on how to make dimple-free playfields that are good-looking (no orange peel). They haven't tried to totally reinvent the wheel with Fathom (just incremental improvements). And, they haven't repeatedly trashed their competitors.

Hmm...none of those things can said of deeproot. So I'd say it's unlikely Haggis will take the same heat as RM/deeproot.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Don’t sell your spots . This will deliver and will be great.
Very limited pin with “numbered editions” on the pin . Hold on and be rewarded..

Just remember, limited doesn't automatically make a pin valuable or desirable. Only 150 America's Most Haunted were made, and they are frequently bought and sold for under $5k.

2 weeks later
#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’ve always thought it suffered a bit from group think. Anyway, I think most RZ’s have now found owners that appreciate it.

We have one on location here, and it's always down for one reason or another. Mostly minor stuff, but it adds up. Don't think the early Spookys are particularly robust machines.

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

My RZ has been really reliable. I’ve had a chipped plastic but that’s about it in the last few years.
I have a place in WY and go through Sioux Falls all the time. I should stop in your location. What’s the location?

The RZ is at The Bonus Round bar in downtown Sioux Falls.

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In the Owners thread, No I don't care about your view, opinion, as a non owner. Thanks.

Ain't no owners here. Maybe someday...

1 month later
#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Of course not. These are going to ship soon.

Cool. Any idea of when?

#1508 2 years ago

I nearly went in on a RAZA, got as far as the cart before changing my mind. So serious question to those that did go in, what do you think of this lengthy delay, and especially what do you all think of Robert?

To me, Robert seems to be either a liar or grossly incompetent:

1) Robert said that this wasn't a pre-order, and yet after 7 months games still haven't shipped. So I'd say by any definition, this IS a pre-order.

2) Robert said that Deeproot's money was HIS money, and yet he's taken over a million dollars in PPP loans. So clearly that statement is also false.

While I do appreciate that deeproot gave refunds, I'm very concerned that Robert is the one making the decisions, given just a small sample of his track record. So I'd love to know if you guys share these concerns or what?

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for Robert, it is what it is and he is who he is and it doesn’t really matter.
I’m not sure Gary and Jack are pillars of truth and ethics either. In fact, we know better.

It's not about liking or not liking the man, its about trusting his decision-making and his planning abilities. He's the owner/founder and he seems to be the one calling all the shots for deeproot. The company will live and die by calls that he makes. So it matters quite a bit if he's naive, or a liar, or incompetent.

Quoted from wamonkey:

Just one comment on PPP loans - OMG - everyone needs to ignore that stuff basically any business could get the money and some will end up becoming free money and some will be low interest loans.
Some business needs were legit needs and many were questionable but the requirement for repayment was the retention of employees.
It’s is such a stupid comment, millions of businesses applied for PPP and many still failed. I am sure we can all look at ourselves and say people who got Covid relief funds personally from the government should return that money too.
It’s has no relation to DR, the airlines took billions and now are raking in a rebound in traffic but the funds helped them pay staff when no one travelled. No one can say what would have happened to the larger economy if PPP was not available. Many businesses could likely have done without and still been ok and others could not.
Avoiding politics as much as I can, the govt poured money everywhere don’t criticize DR for applying like everyone else did.
Millions of American families got COVID money too, it was not need qualified it was just sent out. Does the govt now own those families too like people claim the taxpayers own parts of DR?
It just does not relate, PPP funds, we’re just one of the extraordinary measures the govt took during Covid, Why shouldn’t businesses apply for it? Easy to look back and say they did not need it or they never produced anything from the outside. Or does everyone prefer the govt to just have even the few DR employees get their unemployment straight from them instead of PPP funds? The idea was to use PPP to keep businesses and employees…
I think people would be shocked at all the businesses that applied and received PPP.

I never criticized dr for taking PPP loans, I get that it was a business decision. Same as taking all the tax breaks you can. The point was that taking the PPP loan went against Robert's previous statements on the company's finances.

--‐----------
So far, all I'm getting is that the wait doesn't bother you guys at all. That Robert's abilities and honesty don't matter at all either. All that matters is that someday you get RAZA, which you're confident that you will, for some reason. And that apparently longterm parts support doesn't concern you at all? Deeproot Pinball has to exist in order for you to get parts and technical support. Unless of course RAZA will magically be the only pinball machine in history to never have any bespoke parts break or wear out. Just ask Alien 1.0 owners what happens when the company that made your super limited game goes under and things start breaking.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

The official May update said 3 problems have to be solved. Part supply, part cost increase and labor shortage.

What about UL certification? We don't know whether or not that is still an issue too.

1 week later
#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Ok again your reading a bit further into my simple statement all good. Raza (for me as not a historian) was announced end of December for market so under six months on my clock. Not off target by my standard for a start up but everyone has different expectations.

Well, deeproot set the expectations that games would begin shipping in Feb/Mar. So if anyone had expectations of getting their games by now, then it was because they trusted what Robert Mueller said.

You apparently expected DR to be very late on their promised delivery dates. Which makes one wonder why you'd get into bed with a company that you know had such gross misconceptions of their own abilities and of the realities of pinball manufacturing.

But I suppose, like many have said, it's a relatively small gamble if you're only in on a deposit.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll check it all around. Some people are doing something inside that building and I assume it’s not playing tiddly winks.

You the man Ice! Our eyes on the ground!

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m sure DR appreciates your deep analysis of their business plan. I for one just want one of the 130 games and could honestly care less how they do it or how much they make. Selfish maybe but I have better things to do then evaluate someone else’s business margins or plans. I just buy games my family or friends look like fun!

You keep saying Yelobird that you only care about eventually getting the game, and that none of the other stuff matters. Except that it's not enough to just get the game, you need to be able to get spare parts when stuff breaks. You need to be able to get technical support, especially with a brand new platform. And so deeproot pinball needs to still exist to get that stuff.

Just talk to Heighway Alien owners about what happens when the boutique manufacturer of your bespoke game goes belly up.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Very true and appreciated. Yes, I have been around pinball for MANY years and long ago there were NO spares for Anything yet we always managed to get the games going. Cosmic just like the Alien I owned have never really been all that hard to figure out and with the knowledge sharing in forums like this I have yet to come across a bricked forever game. As long as code is playable (which looks very much the case in this title) the rest is simple tinkering if anything goes wrong. I own games from United, Chicago Coin and dozens more long since out of business and they still play like new. I have absolutely NO concern with this game.

Well, fair enough if that works for you. I know there will be many that won't have that same comfort level.

I'm wondering about their boardset. Do we know what they are using? All the old pins used very simple boards with easily replaced through-hole components. I feel like a lot of modern boardsets aren't as easily repairable. Especially when so many companies don't include proper schematics.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He didn't delay an update and didn't promise one for a specific date, just read again what was written and stop going on rants based on (made up) stuff like that. (There is enough to rant about but this is not it and soley on yourself.)
He was asked. He answered. They hope the week of 19th they have something to tell, that'd be this week. WEEK. We'll see.

But he DID delay an update DS_Nadine--Robert said after the 4th of July holiday he'd give an update. That was two weeks ago now. I feel like it's disingenuous to pretend that we're still in "after-the-holiday-weekend" territory here. It's obvious this is another missed deadline from Robert (albeit a minor one). Unless we're no longer supposed to take Robert's statements at face value?

I don't know why Robert even bothers to put dates on things, it just gives him another timeline to miss. And sure, the follow-up email did say an update would be coming this week (no specific day), but the email also implied that an update could be even sooner. Which obviously didn't happen.

So while deeproot still has plenty of time to get an announcement out this week, no matter what day they release an update, it will certainly be at least a bit later than we could have expected based on Robert's last communication. Not that it really matters of course, but it is another in a long line of broken promises and missed deadlines from deeproot.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed. Deeproot doesn’t owe us pics of their progress or manufacturing area like some believe. However, an update with substance and some particulars would be nice and would give the buyers some confidence and would earn more patience.

That sounds like quite the pipedream! But if the next update does include those things, then I'll happily make an extra donation to Pinside as a show of penance!

#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Would be nice if buyers would keep it confidential to dry out the sewer.

I love how asking questions and pointing out facts makes one part of the sewer. Us "sewer rats" wouldn't have any ammunition if deeproot would stop missing their own self-generated timelines, and would just get the games out the door.

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You forgot to mention there were zero cars in the lot on Friday. ...not a good sign.

Hmm...I wonder if the update will be that they've moved into a new facility?

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s official...
The RAZA preorder thread is just an extension of the main deeproot thread (aka the sewer). It’s sad that something as simple as respecting the wishes of the OP as he stated in his very first post cannot be adhered to. Once again, and this time I’ll try to make it stand out...from the OP’s very first post as to the intent of this thread and who is welcome to participate...
“Starting a thread to allow people that have pre-ordered RAZA to discuss their purchase outside of the general Deeproot thread.”
“Starting a thread to allow people that have pre-ordered RAZA to discuss their purchase outside of the general Deeproot thread.”
Got it??? PEOPLE THAT HAVE PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
As in...and I’ll go slow for you...all you inconsiderate, disrespectful, shit stirring Pinsiders should not be here unless you...ready for it???...
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
PRE-ORDERED RAZA!!!
And finally, those that say you are looking out for us...
WE ALREADY PUT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY DOWN ON SOMETHING WE HOPE TO OWN CAUSE IT LOOKS COOL AND FUN!!!
So instead of making fun of us, thinking we are a bunch of idiots, and thinking we are clueless not seeing the red flags (cause guess what??? we are very aware of all of them!!!), why don’t you try being more supportive of your fellow pinheads and hope their gamble pays off, and not lose the money they already spent. We are all here cause we love pinball! Deeproot failing, which many of you hope happens, only results in your fellow pinball enthusiasts getting hurt and jobs being lost at deeproot. Show some class. Feel free to talk all the shit you want in the general deeproot thread...not here!
I’ll see those of you that preordered RAZA in the owner’s thread assuming they eventually ship. Any of you preorder guys feel free to PM me anytime to discuss this journey outside of the “two” sewers.

Hey man, lighten up, you're taking this waaaay too seriously! Just laugh it all off and don't take the comments personally. Robert is the one you should be upset with. All of this is more or less his fault.

Besides, I haven't actually seen anyone calling preorder folks idiots. I've questioned your guys' confidence, and your seemingly unending patience with deeproot's delays.

I'd happily shake hands (metaphorically, at this point) with any of you in real-life. Especially Yelobird, with whom I've sparred with the most.

#1815 2 years ago

Tick...tick...tick...the clock is ticking down. Not much time left in the week of the 19th for an announcement.

Although, I suppose some will still try to defend and claim that the email promising this week was "not official".

Not sure what's so hard about just admitting that deeproot missed yet another deadline. It's farcical at this point.

But I guess there are still a like 7 hours left in the business day. So there's still time, I suppose.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not going to defend as the only ones bothered by it didn't buy a game lol.

Oh I agree, this situation is very LOL all right! But I don't think we're laughing for the same reasons. And I do have a hard time believing that at least few RAZA pre-order people aren't just a smidge bothered by the lack of communication or the continuing delays.

Part of the reason I even post here is because I was very nearly a pre-order person myself. I had the game in my cart and everything, but I decided against it at the last moment. So part of my interest is in imagining what I'd be going through if I had actually completed that order, and I certainly wouldn't be a happy camper!

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Who said we are not bothered by it...

Yelobird did about 3 posts up.

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's the point of this and what is it exactly that you want anyone to do or say? Seriously, wtf dude?
I'd say get a life but i really don't care how you waste your time.

Sorry Iceman, I guess I was feeling a bit honery at the time and couldn't help myself. Deeproot is such a joke at this point, it's gone into parody.

And I don't need anyone to say anything. Watching this whole fiasco play out is just as interesting as watching a TV show. Plus, we've got a new puppy in the house, so I'm stuck outside in the yard waiting for him to go to the bathroom quite often. So perusing Pinside helps pass the time.

#1836 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Horny, or ornery?

Ha, oops! Ornery isn't a word I spell too often.

1 week later
#1956 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know it's long and from an outsider but please read.
I was in on the original Zidware fiasco and I got tired of the Pinside abuse just as you guys must be. My solution was to take myself and my brothers off of Pinside and I formed a secret Facebook group. It's easy and quick to do, it's invited members only, and no one, absolutely no one can see or read your private thoughts and no one can discover the group accidently or not. Check Facebook for more information.
Whoever sets up the group is the administrator and they can appoint a co-administrator or two. You already know many of the people that are legitimate RAZA people in this thread and all they need to do is tell you their Facebook profile and the administrator sends them the confidential invitation from the FB group. The administrators can also kick people out.
Unknown people you will need to screen to make sure they are legitimate. **This is critical to keep out the riff raff**. Anybody I was unfamiliar with I had them scan and send me a copy of the Zidware contract before sending them an invite. I don't know what proof you guys might have but I'll leave that up to you. If someone is not on Facebook right now have them join. It's free and easy for anyone to do. And if they don't, too bad for them.
After you have your base group from this thread established, post a notice here for others to join and tell them there is a screening process. You guys have a few RAZA lukers I'm certain.
You have some really solid people in here and I would suggest Yelobird, Frankmac, Fulltilt, DS_Nadine, wrb1977, or Cheeks to be your administrators. There is a lot of really good people here and those are just off the top of my head. Sorry to those that I missed .
I'm telling you, this really works and you will have peace of mind while sending a big screw you to guys like me. The Big Lebowski people in the early years followed me with this idea and they had a blast returning to their Pinside thread now and then and taunting the boo-birds about their private sanctuary.
Also I would strongly suggest that you invite Robert Mueller to the group or an appointee from Deeproot. An appointee would be more likely.
One last thing I will tell you. Iceman will poo poo this idea to death because it's associated with me and he has a never ending vendetta against me. He's a smart guy and can be very convincing so I'll leave it up to you guys.
But I promise you, drain both threads until you're ready and you will have peace of mind and the doubters in this thread will just be talking to themselves. It will drive them crazy.
Also, prepare yourselves for a massive slow down as it wont match the pace of two Pinside threads. It will feel like nothing is happening... But there won't be any heat for you guys either and you can discuss things freely.
Oops. One last, last thing. Iceman will go along if everyone else does but be advised he will dominate the conversation and will try to take the group over. He has an insatiable need to be the center of attention and feel like he's captain of the ship.
Meh, maybe let him be a co-administrator if it makes him feel better. I won't care as I wont be there.
PS. He has me blocked so he might not see this.
Sincere best wishes guys. PM me if you have questions. You guys still have a long ways to go.

It's funny, cuz preorder folks COULD open a private FB group, but there'd be nothing to talk about. The group would be pretty quiet until the next update. And who knows how long till the next one.

#1958 2 years ago

Couldn't help myself Yelobird, you make the perfect "This Is Fine" meme example. All in good fun!

5i7pws (resized).jpg5i7pws (resized).jpg
#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No issues. We made this decision so it’s ours to bare. If others feel all warm and bubbly crapping on fellow collectors because we didn’t take their position more power to you. As I have said before. Totally understand the negative vibe towards DR. That’s your right that nobody should need to defend. Why making it personal against others in the hobby makes them feel giddy is beyond me. I’ll tap out when/if the update says they failed. Till then there’s really not much to say.

All we've got now is memes and lols.

And nothing personal, but the "This is fine" meme just always pops into my head when we get more bad news and you make a point of saying how much you don't mind.

But like I said, it's all good. I only have bad feelings towards Robert and whoever else is running the show over there.

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So you express that by calling out another pinsider in a meme.
Kind of a dousche move.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
LOL. Man, no one has a sense of humor around pinside these days.

And if you've been following the thread, then you know my meme was on point!

#2072 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry the research department is in the other thread. I kid…. You guys have fun

Hey Yelobird, is it really true that you're on the hook for two paid-in-full XTRA editions? By the way you've been talking this whole time, I assumed that you were just down for a deposit.

Man, you'd have to be a really wealthy guy to not sweat the thought of losing 20 grand to deeproot.

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Didn’t buy 2 for myself not sure what you would do with spare games? Was there a benefit to paying in full? Likely just wanted to fuel the speculation pond lol. None the less my deposit(s) are still confirmed by Amex as (don’t worry about it) from my last call. I know you guys are concerned for us, we appreciate you.

Okay, the rumor is you paid-in-full for 2 games. And there's even a screenshot of a supposed quote of you saying as much. Guess people are getting overexcited and just making stuff up at this point.

#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do you Really think I would share Any of my actual purchase decisions with you or this group lololol. Yes I bought 16 games and paid double list value for Extra Led lights. Lol. You guys really need to stop worrying about every one else. Truly mind blowing how many hours of your life you have invested in this witch hunt. Go do something productive or spend time with family. I assure you all we will let you know how this plays out.

Huh? You're a confusing dude. I just asked if you really paid for two games in full, cuz I found that surprising/ballsy, if true.

But apparently you didn't, I guess? I don't know. Your posts are contradictory. Obviously, what you choose to share on Pinside is your business, but I find it very strange that you'd be posting that you paid for games when you didn't. Doesn't compute. I guess I should just take whatever you say with a grain of salt going forward?

I don't know what's happening, but this thread has taken a very weird turn.

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe the one thing RM was right about is that pinside does feel like a sewer sometimes. The deeproot threads are overflowing with schadenfreude and people who just thrive on misery. It's not helpful.

Plenty of other great threads on Pinside. Lots of positive, helpful, and informative ones.

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

That’s EXACTLY what this thread was intended to be as outlined by the OP in his very first post. Since the moderators share the same views as the main deeproot thread, they allowed their bias to interfere with their own ability to properly moderate this thread according to Pinside’s own guidelines. So this resulted in two “sewers” with those that preordered RAZA only having PM as a place to communicate effectively with each other without all the noise and negativity. ACTUAL information has been shared behind the scenes and will not see the light of day in the public threads. It’s really sad the intent of this thread wasn’t respected and maintained as the skeptics and critics already had their thread, we just wanted ours. Oh well...carry on...

Again you guys put the blame on Pinsiders. The blame should be on Robert and deeproot missing all their deadlines and failing to provide substantive updates. That's the actual problem; the negative comments are just a symptom.

This thread was pretty quiet, and mostly just actual preorder folks for a long time. It started getting active again after Robert missed the last deadline, and then really picked up following the latest communication.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Cause you know those online employer reviews could never be faked. Employees regularly work for free, going unpaid for months at a time, and continue showing up for work out of the goodness of their hearts and even work overtime to get the job done in a timely manner.

They might if deeproot paid for their relocation expenses, and if Robert promised the paychecks were just around the corner.

Quoted from wrb1977:

I will say this, the premature gloating by Ben and others that deeproot is dead will not age well...
//]]>

Couldn't age any worse than Robert's many ridiculous public comments.

Quoted from wrb1977:

ACTUAL information has been shared behind the scenes and will not see the light of day in the public threads.

There are enough unhappy preorder buyers that any official or substantial information gets shared here or with Kaneda. You might think you're getting the inside scoop, but I doubt it. Kinda like how Ice had the inside scoop on the Alien remake, except he didn't. It was all bs that was being fed to him.

Still...anything could happen. I hope you get your games. You've got a real optimistic attitude. Although optimism in the face of mounting evidence can start to seem like delusion.

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Excuse me but we now have Alien remake. Quit making shit up now. They had been working on it for years along with the coding updates. Cointaker would confirm
that.
And i also said TBL was coming out of litigation to get made again and that happened first. Same source and Cointaker would confirm that as well.
Kaneda was right all along based on what I told him. It just took a LONG time to play out
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"00b9e97bcde8866323d593e4db832f299a192e73-1628820560-1800"};
//]]>

As for DR, you can make up your BS, I live in San Antonio and know some of the parties involved and …….
So you monkeys just keep humping that Robert DR football!!

Hey Ice, I always enjoy your posts here--I rank you up there with Odin and vid1900. I only used you as an example, nothing personal. But let's get real here--anyone could have made a guess that Alien would have been remade at some point. It was a highly desirable title that ended way before it's time. It doesn't take a Nostradamus to make that guess.

However, last time I checked, didn't you guarantee that Alien would start shipping again by the end of 2019? And Alien didn't start start shipping again until Spring/Summer 2021. So yeah, I call BS on your insider information on that one. Is it possible that you were basing everything off what known liar and scammer Jonathan Demare was telling you?

Either way, my point was that if there was any new and important information pertaining to the pre-order buyers, it would get out. That's all.

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I agree. Let’s hope Robert Mueller gets it done and puts it all to rest.
The game itself, separating from all the heartache and drama, still looks like a lot of fun and your input, however long ago, would never be forgotten.

Hard to say how fun RAZA will actually be to play. According to Cary Hardy it wasn't that fun...but everyone has different tastes when it comes to pinball. And deeproot certainly has had the time to tweak the game for the better since last Fall.

#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Post #8 PDX monkey was already like WTF. Ice, said no problem, over blown hah. A Combined 45,000 posts later. Not 1 positive aspect. I really thank you, this is going to start a whole new discussion.[quoted image]

Yep, no shortage of comments that haven't/won't age well around here.

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The two Houdinis.[quoted image][quoted image]

You gotta admit, functionalty-aside, that original Houdini LOOKS amazing aesetically.

1 week later
#2507 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Do you even read your shit before you post?
Please list the evidence that RM committed theft, fraud and wire fraud.
I’m waiting.........

Ouch, forgot about this one.

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pretty petty don’t you think?
I never understood the obsession with some people getting off on others losing out on something as trivial as a pinball machine.
“It’s just pinball”
You want to hate Robert or Jpop, knock yourselves out. I’m pretty sure that’s unanimous.
But to continue to shove it up pre order guys asses I think says more about you guys I think.
But if it makes you feel better and enhances your lives in some way then keep it up.
Klank, Yelo and the others like myself will just take it in stride.

Ha, Klank didn't seem to be taking it in stride with that one.

I brought it up again because it was a dickish post and attitude. He was super self-righteous and as it turns out, completely wrong.

So yeah, not very mature of me I suppose, but I hate it when people shout aggressively at others online. Especially, when the person they're shouting at is actually right.

It definitely sucks that people lost money on this deal. A LOT of people as it turns out. And it's super gross what Robert was doing with investor money. Talk about no class.

#2549 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I can dish it out and I can take it as well. Let me have it. That’s cool. Lol.
You’re more than welcome to say I told you so.
This doesn’t make you a better person by rubbing someone’s face in it after the fact playing the armchair quarterback.
It kind of comes across as a dickish post with attitude and super self righteous. No?
Look I’m kidding. It’s a hobby. Nothing personal.
I lost money in this whole deal. What did you lose?
There are so many people on pinside that hide behind their avatar with no skin in the game and point fingers. I’ll say it again.
No Skin in the Game. But talk a lot of smack.
The only time I post a “dickish post” is when some dude posts some shit, acts like Nostradamus with Zero skin in the game.
Anything is easy if you’re not vested. Literally anything.
This one goes in the the loss column. Not a big deal. Move on to Haggis! Lol.
I’m sure you’re a terrific guy but do you or anybody like having someone look over your shoulder when you buy just about anything? Heck no.
That’s originally what this thread was designed for. Pre-order dudes talkin’ to pre-order dudes.
I gotta ask. Did you place a pre-order? Just curious. Did you have skin in the game? (And I don’t mean this in a malicious way of any kind).
Usually when I ask and someone doesn’t answer, it means no.
If you lost out like I did. I’m sorry you lost money as well.

Look, it's all good. All I originally posted was "Ouch", and only after someone else dug up your post from a little while back. I didn't go hunting for it. Then Iceman played white knight, which prompted me to elaborate. I think most would agree in hindsight that it was an "ouch" statement!

You call it rubbing people's faces in it, I call it accountability. People should be responsible for what they say, even online. I've certainly written things online that I regret, and when someone else brought it up (even in a positive way), it made me cringe and I vowed to be more careful. My wife has a personal rule of only writing positive, or at least informative, comments online. I'm not there yet, but it's a good goal.

My "skin in the game" is that I was almost a RAZA buyer. My wife and I watched the reveal videos, and talked about whether we should go in on one. Her reaction was that RAZA was too many themes in one, and it didn't really interest her. So her reaction, combined with my realization that what I like about RAZA was the innovation, not the actual game, led me to end up not ordering. If you look back to my first post in this thread, it was asking other pre-order people which version they were going for. I was very nearly taken in by this scam. So yeah, my "skin-in-the-game" is that I was nearly one of you, and it pisses me off to think I was nearly a victim too. And so every delay and crappy excuse and setback from deeproot/RM hits me almost as if I was a pre-order buyer.

BTW, I'm in on a Fathom too! Go figure!

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That’s a good point. If you are comfortable paying $5k for nib then you’ll need to wait a year and pickup a huo game. Not only will it cost less than msrp, but you avoid sales tax. Many benefits to this approach including ability to inspect playfield.

I'm afraid that you're behind the times. That used to be true, but it's been almost a year since you could by newish Stern Pros for that kind of money.

I know, because that was always my strategy. Bought a barely used SW Comic Pro for $4900. Bought a barely used Elvira Prem. for $7k. Those days are gone...at least for now.

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hey now, I’ve gotten some good repair money off fixing alligator clip mods that shorted the game out after being jostled during shipping.
Long live lazy mod installers

LOL. True. The clip mods are often touted as being easily reversible, but desoldering a wire isn't really here hard thing.

But I get it. It certainly is easier to just clip on. And it's generally fine as long as the game is stationary, and doesn't have a shaker!

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Always 1 Assh**e in the group..

Well, the thing is, a lot of these scammers are good at convincing people that everything is fine. Especially over the phone. That's one of their tricks.

People always came away feeling great after talking to Andrew Heighwey.

#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dutch still owes tons of people games that were paid for in 2014. You skipped the line & won your new shiny. Many are still suffering due to their lies & incompetence.

Ah, this old trope again. If new people don't keep buying TBLs, then old buyers won't get their games. Now I'm not current in whether Dutch is still actually making the Early Adopters whole or not. But that's the theory anyway. So don't make new buyers feel bad.

#3133 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Here’s speculation- that now requires a tattoo![quoted image]

Well, Levi wasn't exactly wrong. Pinball Bros. is still kinda the same company. Same dudes running the show, minus Andrew plus some Italians.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.