84709FE1-FEA0-4A6D-9752-F716DA38680A (resized).jpeg
AAF98977-33FC-4FF4-AC7A-332A4153F493.gif
s6hdwntp7a701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8AF1E999-E259-4D4B-BC47-08F72E95903D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2440 Link to SEC filings story. Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Story of SEC indictment Posted by DakotaMike (2 years ago)

Post #2527 DR never owned the Zidware entity per report. Posted by wcbrandes (2 years ago)

Post #2676 Summary of DR outlandish things. Posted by TheFamilyArcade (2 years ago)

Post #2864 Charging back a RAZA preorder Posted by Mr68 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#296 3 years ago

I'm one of the Zidware people, and I'm getting ready to place my order for RAZA. Can Iceman or any of the other people that are following through from the Zidware Goodwill agreement chime in regarding the Indemnification agreement? I'd rather get a game (after all these years) than just get my deposit back (especially since I'm getting extra value), but until I have a game in hand, I'll always be nervous about this situation.

Does anything in the Indemnification agreement nullify or reduce their obligation as laid out in the Goodwill agreement? I figured the other thread was too toxic to ask this question (they'd all just call me an idiot for not requesting a check), but at the same time, I don't want an rose-colored-glasses-club-thread response either. I'm really hoping for some objective info on whether there are any risks introduced by the new agreement.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Cheeks, I'm fairly certain that it was in one of the recent emails deeproot sent to us that it was stated that upon using your store credit, the Goodwill Agreement is considered satisfied. I believe this may answer some aspect of what you were wondering about.
The other thing to note is that the store credit expires in one year's time so you need to put it towards RAZA, a sure thing, or the next one coming up which we think will be Food Truck, but the timeframe for orders to open up for that (Food Truck) has not been determined so, IMHO, it's a little more risky to wait.

Yeah, it's RAZA or a refund check. And due to the order window, I need to make that decision without seeing if other people are getting games.

Goodwill satisfied upon expenditure of credit vs delivery of the game that credit "purchased" seems like a really shady distinction. UGH!

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If you are having a tough time making a decision, sounds like time for you to now out of the future club? And take your refund check.
Is the refund check dollar for dollar as to what they would give you if you were placing a down payment?

No, it's almost $2k more in credit than the refund check. I'm certainly not chipping in an additional $3K+ for the Xtra at this stage, even though I think it looks really cool. It's get my money back, or take a chance and get a modded Arcade that's "worth" almost $2k more than I put in all those years ago.

If I get a refund and they make the games (and they work), I'll feel like a dumb ass jumping out at the last second.
If I stay in for a game and they don't get made (or they get made but are a box of lights) then I'll feel like a huge dumb ass for not taking the hint and getting out.

Dumb if I do, dumb if I don't. I'm trending toward just leaning into it and finishing out the ride. It's just that there are so many good recent games that I would put this money straight into that makes the risk a more challenging decision.

#352 3 years ago

OK...I can get the Arcade with most options ($6600) for Zidware credits + shipping, or I could get the Xtra for Zidware credits + $3K + shipping. Thoughts?

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can only be Your decision really. If I was in a credit situation personally I would view it as I had Nothing before so why not take full advantage of the opportunity. Worst you can do is be back where you started?

Part of me has an issue putting in any more money...for obvious reasons. However, the Xtra is much closer to what jpop sold as the RAZA vision all those years ago, and I love the color difference and lit side panels.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit there's an element of how can I come out the best in this as well. Seeing that deeproot will be selling leftover machines for $8K and $13K respectively makes me wonder if I'm leaving money on the table not going for the Xtra.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Both of you guys live in Pittsburg. It's been a long while since I've shipped two games but they used to have a two for one shipping deal. Flip a coin to see who's home address to use and coordinate with Deeproot. Jersey Jack did this for me and friends when WOZ first came out.

I just checked on 1 vs 2 games from Florida to Chicago a couple months ago, because I had the same memory as you. It wasn't exactly BOGO, but pretty damn close.

3 weeks later
#712 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ok great news but its still getting pinstadiums lol

But why? You could add the extra GI option for $100 and it's incorporated into the game. This is literally the last game I would consider putting PS on because you can effectively get the same thing cheaper as a factory add-on.

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I am providing the below update as a matter of goodwill and transparency, knowing that it will be unfortunately posted online

Quoted from Jarson:

Got the update email from Deeproot:

Dear RAZA Customer:

I guess somebody had to be the guy.

I barely finished reading the email and you've already posted it online.

I'm all about objectivity, and being part of the Zidware people, I'm more jaded than most RAZA buyers. But posting this update is just feeding the trolls at this stage. But hey, RM knew someone would. Congrats on being the one I guess.

5 months later
#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If there was good news (machines going out shortly) that would have been said. I predict the delayed update is because there's only so many ways they can explain more delays. That Spooky had an incredible day makes it even more embarrassing for the update.

I don't think I agree with your first point. Even if they were ready to ship, that announcement would get upstaged by Spooky's double release if communicated this week. Based on that, I never expected an announcement this week no matter what. So, I'm not necessarily reading bad news as the cause for the delay.

That said, you're you're probably right regarding the content of the update. I'll be pleasantly SHOCKED if the announcement says delivery is remotely imminent.

I go into each subsequent update with a little more dread (am I gonna finally lose my money - I'm Zidware, so I've kinda already figured it was gone) mixed with a morbid curiosity over how Robert will "explain" the latest delay.

1 week later
#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Your response is completely unrelated to my comment.
Please explain how creeper parking lot photos and dumpster diving (illegal) is a mindset that customers should be forced into.

Quoted from belairjoe:

driving by a dumpster is not illegal .did not say diving.

Jesus! Diving or not is not the point of his comment. The sentiment is the same...customers should not have to resort to reconnaissance missions to set their minds at ease regarding the secrecy and uncertainty around money we've spent on the company's failed promises.

I'm an original Zidware customer and I stuck in this for an Xtra, so I want this to come through literally as much or more than anyone still in on RAZA. But all you pie in the sky people are over the top. Why are there only 2 lanes here? It seems people are either in the toxic, hope everyone loses their money camp, or the Robert shits nothing but rainbows camp. I was hoping this pre-order thread would be full of more objectivity (versus blind optimism) but maybe there's too much effort spent defending against the toxicity to expect a middle ground perspective?

Anyway, I wish more people could hold onto good fortunes with one hand, and use the other hand to shield their eyes from the blinding light of hope. Calling a spade a spade shouldn't be too much to ask for. And again, this is coming from someone who is fully vested in the success of the project.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think there are ZERO people in the latter camp, just saying. Lol

OK...hard to argue that.

At least the Zidware customers back in the day banded together with a sense of objectivity when things started obviously heading south. I'm not saying we need to form a coalition here, but when I start feeling WTF, it would be nice to know there are others to commiserate with. On the contrary, it feels like most of the current RAZA buyers would literally ride the train off the cliff before they admitted that there might be legit concerns.

#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Robert M’s decision to delay an update was a mistake.

What is this referring to?

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Don’t you have better things to do with your time?

I wonder this all the time about so many people around here (and basically internet forums on just about any topic). Without pointing figures at anyone in particular, some people must have incredibly pathetic and depressing lives. The constant attention paid by people regarding things they don't even like is beyond me. Whether it's ranting about a deeproot game you didn't purchase, constantly shitting on Stern/JJP/<any vendor> just so you can fan the flames, trolling / starting internet fights, or any other obsession about something you don't have any interest in - I categorically don't get it.

Hell, I get exhausted even thinking about catching up on an owners thread for a game I own (and care about), much less keeping tabs on things I don't like.

I guess I just don't understand the typical internet user mentality. I tend to live my life AVOIDING things I don't care about, if I can help it. To spend large percentages of your life spewing negativity on an internet forum just feels so sad. Why can't people find something they like and go do it! The number of people that would rather make enemies than friends baffles me. But I guess take a look at the world these days and I don't understand why I continue to be surprised.

#1710 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is beyond “things people don’t like”.

Fair enough...

Quoted from Rarehero:

This is a decade long story of our friends and fellow hobbyists being taken for a ride.

And yet, last I checked, that other thread isn't full of sympathy and well-wishes. It's full of angst and hostility. Which was the basis of my point. Why? These people HAVE to have more constructive things to do.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s toxicity is purely on those who created the problem.

This was no doubt caused by the ineptitude, dishonesty, and incompetence of those you mention. But the toxicity is heavily buoyed by the vitriol of the people posting on Pinside.

Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s nothing wrong with discussing it. Actions have consequences, and people who do bad things shouldn’t be ignored - it just allows them to continue hurting people.

In general, I agree. I've never felt their misdeeds should be swept under the rug, but after literally thousands of posts, how exactly is all the venom spewing helping anything? I have not bothered to go in the other thread in many months, but what else can there possibly be to say anymore? And this is my point. I'm in the middle of this (I have money on the line) and I have WAY better things to do than rant to a bunch of people online about what isn't happening. How can this possibly be an enjoyable endeavor for anyone, especially those who aren't directly impacted? I'll never get it.

If this really was about people wanting to help out and provide "consequences" for what's gone down, then maybe set up a picket line outside deeproot headquarters, or put up a "JPOP is an asshat and stole my money" billboard down the block from them, or TP Robert's lawn. Anything would have to be more constructive than jerking each other off in an isolated thread on Pinside.

Quoted from Rarehero:

We all just want this thing to reach a conclusion.

LOL. I don't believe this. What has there been, 2 or 3 virtually non-updates in 7 months? It's not like there's any new information coming out. It's not like we don't all know what probably *isn't* happening at deeproot. And yet that thread is on fire every day for 7 months? For reasons unclear to me, this topic seems to be self-sustaining. Honestly, if deeproot continued to give non-updates once every 3-6 months for the next 4 years, somehow that thread would continue to be on fire. It makes no sense. What can be said, has been said. And frankly, I agree with a lot of the cynicism and disbelief regarding what's gone down. I just posted recently that I don't understand the people on the other side in this thread that feel all rainbows and unicorns about things either. It's the constant and perpetual beating the negativity into the ground that feels so petty.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s bad for the hobby in a multitude of ways, not just for those who “bought” one.

Hey, we agree on something.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

the RAZA cultists were still attacking me & threatening me

And this is obviously completely uncalled-for! Internet fights and people puffing their chests from behind keyboards are beyond lame. Sorry you have to put up with shit like this. This is kinda the same "so many people on the internet act like losers" argument I was making before. Different target group with different details, but the same sentiment. WTF people. Threats?!? Give me a break.

Quoted from Makakka:

you little snowflake...

Oh god! I don't have a consistent political leaning, but this is one of a few terms that tell me more than I need to know about a person.

1 week later
#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This thread should be lighting up soon….

smh - I guess give them points for creativity this time if nothing else.

3 weeks later
#2453 2 years ago

Does anyone have a bridge to sell me? You don't even need a compelling sales pitch, apparently.

I'm an original Zidware customer, burned by Jpop. I decided to gamble on deeproot. Went for it with the Xtra. Figured even if I didn't like it, it was rare and I could sell it for a modest profit as compensation for my pain and suffering. Whoops!

I'm pissed, but whatever. I'd be REALLY pissed if I didn't realize it was a gamble I decided to take (could be read as my ignorance).

So anyway. Idiot alert! Send me your hugely expensive scams, I'm sure I'll bite.

Paging any Princes from Nigeria - I'll pay you cash for that check you can't cash.

#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

His wife forced him to type this out

Nah...didn't tell her yet. LOL!

She approved the "investment" so she'll just call me a dumbass. No argument from me, she's right.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I also enjoy seeing people who bought into Deeproot's bullshit LOSING THEIR MONEY.

Wow, and from someone I really respected in the industry. Disappointing!

Hating on John / RM and relishing them going down in flames? Obviously.

Enjoying some of the more *vocal* RAZA cheerleaders losing out? I guess I can see that, maybe.

But rando dudes who either bought into deeproot RAZA, or took a chance after the Zidware screwing, and have pretty much silently rode this nightmare out? That's entertaining to you? That's a pretty asshole perspective.

If you said you have absolutely no sympathy - totally fair. You shouldn't. But savoring them getting screwed is kind of a dick move. But you do you I guess.

#2661 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ben was always on the side of the consumer

Quoted from benheck:

I also enjoy seeing people who bought into Deeproot's bullshit LOSING THEIR MONEY.

#2670 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cheeks Ben’s comment is still pro-consumer. We’ve reached a cultish point where those who were defending DR/RM/Jpop we’re actively propping up villains who were harming people. Ben’s “rooting for their loss” is in reality rooting for the villains to finally be vanquished, so consumers in the future FINALLY reject these types of maniacs & their schemes.

I'm not looking to argue, but it certainly does not read that way. If he said, "I hate John/RM, and the things they're doing are so toxic, that for the benefit of the community, I want them to fail at all costs. Too bad RAZA buyers - you're collateral damage." That would be what you're saying. Saying "I also enjoy seeing people who bought into Deeproot's bullshit LOSING THEIR MONEY" is rooting for the misfortune of those consumers (along with John/RM).

Whatever, he's entitled to feel however he wants. I don't actually know what he feels, I just know how it reads.

Anyway, I'm moving on to other things. No matter what, everything surrounding this topic, company, and the people involved is depressing. Maybe I need one of those bidets you're going on about.

#2695 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I sense a “why do you guys want RM in jail?! How is that gonna help us get out games!” Post a brewin’.
I remember that was the Predator “owner” sentiment for a while.

No way. It's one thing to rip off a bunch of pinball nerds for a few grand a piece. It's another to rob the life savings from a few hundred seniors. Unforgivable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.